Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote (E250 Pro) dead
Sorry if this topic already exsists (but I couldn’t find it).

All of a sudden the 18 months old remote of my Expert 250 Pro is completely dead. Volume does not work, no button works, no connection to the Expert. Changed batteries for fresh ones, tried pushing all four buttons at the same time, tried re-coupling: nothing.

Any suggestions? Ofcourse I contacted Devialet customer service but they did not respond (yet).

Update 16/11/21
after sending another email to Devialet support Paul (Devialet support) called within 6 hours. 15 minutes later an UPS label was received to send in the remote to France to have it repaired or changed.

Asking Paul what Devialet does on the Experts he replied that ‘the technicians still work hard on the Expert range to make it even better’. I really want to believe it is true (,,,).

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)
(14-Nov-2021, 13:21)RvdH Wrote: Sorry if this topic already exsists (but I couldn’t find it).

All of a sudden the 18 months old remote of my Expert 250 Pro is completely dead. Volume does not work, no button works, no connection to the Expert. Changed batteries for fresh ones, tried pushing all four buttons at the same time, tried re-coupling: nothing.

Any suggestions? Ofcourse I contacted Devialet customer service but they did not respond (yet).

I don’t know if this will help you, but…

A few years ago I had exactly this problem. It turned out that the configuration file on the SD card had somehow been corrupted.
The card itself was fine and when I reloaded the config. file, the remote was able to connect.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(15-Nov-2021, 09:53)Axel Wrote:
(14-Nov-2021, 13:21)RvdH Wrote: Sorry if this topic already exsists (but I couldn’t find it).

I don’t know if this will help you, but…

A few years ago I had exactly this problem. It turned out that the configuration file on the SD card had somehow been corrupted.
The card itself was fine and when I reloaded the config. file, the remote was able to connect.
That would mean that if you start up without the SD card inserted, the default settings apply and, if the remote isn't broken, you should be able to connect.

I've found that connecting can take longer than you think. I had given up when suddenly my remote started working. It would have been 5 minutes or so
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thanks for the idea, but it did not work…

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)
Did you try to put the remote on top of the Devialet to let it reconnect. Close to the display.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
(15-Nov-2021, 15:41)paul.oorbeek Wrote: Did you try to put the remote on top of the Devialet to let it reconnect.  Close to the display.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Yes I did, did not work. 
But thanks (dankjewel!).

Had the same issue now. It sometimes work, sometimes don't
Put the remote near the display, still the same. Change batteries, still the same.

Any ideas on this will be great
@madumm I contacted Devialet described the issue, they sent me a UPS label.
Then I sent the remote to Devialet and it came back in good working order.