Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review after one week
Question 
I have owned Devialet devices for many years and also bought the Dione on the day it was released.

Overall, however, my impression is somewhat ambivalent:
when the Dione works, the sound is fantastic.
Whether Spotify, HighRes Music or TV series or UHD: the Dione reproduces everything in a very high sound quality.

Unfortunately, the device is very unstable for me, so that I have to restart it several times a day.

So I'm not sure yet if I'll keep the device.
Seems like a Devialet refrain... "Phantom I" took a year at least to get stable. Gemini 3 or 4 months... You might get a stable Dione in 2 months ?
(09-May-2022, 15:34)integra Wrote: I have owned Devialet devices for many years and also bought the Dione on the day it was released.

Whether Spotify, HighRes Music or TV series or UHD: the Dione reproduces everything in a very high sound quality.

Unfortunately, the device is very unstable for me, so that I have to restart it several times a day.

Thanks for the feedback. What exactly do you mean by unstable? Do you have the Dione connected via the eARC HDMI connection? I'm thinking of getting it but I really don't want instability issues.
Cheers
Sad 
(10-May-2022, 15:56)Runciter Wrote:
(09-May-2022, 15:34)integra Wrote: I have owned Devialet devices for many years and also bought the Dione on the day it was released.

Thanks for the feedback. What exactly do you mean by unstable? Do you have the Dione connected via the eARC HDMI connection? I'm thinking of getting it but I really don't want instability issues.
Cheers

Hi,

with unstable I meant that the Dione does not react in any way at all and does not produce any sound.  It even does not show up in the app anymore.

I have connected the Dione via the eARC HDMI to my Sony OLED TV.

Cheers
Sad 
(09-May-2022, 16:25)Nickname Wrote: Seems like a Devialet refrain... "Phantom I"  took a year at least to get stable. Gemini 3 or 4 months... You might get a stable Dione in 2 months ?

Indeed... sad but true, but software stability has been an issue with Devialet in the past as well.
Sad 

Cheers

Since the Dione is still not working properly and the Devialet support was unfortunately not really helpful either, I will return the device and take a closer look at the Bang & Olufsen soundbar instead.
(11-May-2022, 22:41)integra Wrote:

Cheers

Since the Dione is still not working properly and the Devialet support was unfortunately not really helpful either, I will return the device and take a closer look at the Bang & Olufsen soundbar instead.

There should be no unstable connection with an HDMI eARC connection, unless the cable is bad... Also check that your Devialet app has been updated to the latest version (1.18).  Plus the eARC connection lets you adjust volume with  the TV remote so you don't need to open the Devialet app. Also check the HDMI eARC cable since it is a one way cable: one end must be connected to the TV, the other to the Dione, not the other way around.
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
Hello, thank you for your message.
I have tested the device with different HDMI cables and unfortunately none of them work.
Today I connected my new Bang&Olufsen soundbar, which works fine with the same HDMI cables.

So I'm pretty disappointed with the Dione and also with the incompetent Devialet support, which sent me some messages, but overall couldn't help and in the end didn't answer at all. I think when buying a soundbar in this price range you can expect better support.
(13-May-2022, 20:45)integra Wrote: Hello, thank you for your message.
I have tested the device with different HDMI cables and unfortunately none of them work.
Today I connected my new Bang&Olufsen soundbar, which works fine with the same HDMI cables.

So I'm pretty disappointed with the Dione and also with the incompetent Devialet support, which sent me some messages, but overall couldn't help and in the end didn't answer at all. I think when buying a soundbar in this price range you can expect better support.

How do you compare B&O Stage with Dione? Seems most of the B&O Stage conmment is the sound quality is good but not so surround. Stage is just half the price of Dione.
Right, I have had my Dione for a couple of days now and still getting to grips with it. The gripes first: I use Virgin as my TV provider and have have had lip sync problems with it on both my LG and latest Samsung televisions. This is most noticeable through the Dione when using eARC and less so with TOSLink. However, it is much reduced on NETFLIX or Prime. I can’t get control of sound via my Virgin remote, am assuming that will be addressed reasonably soon by Devialet. I use the App to increase or decrease sound. However, unless it is the start of the day ie the Dione has shut down completely, the Virgin remote activates both TV and Dione. I have dynamically switched between iPhones and iPads causing some mild confusion to the app’s control of sound, but that’s it.

These are tolerable glitches as the sound from the Dione is absolutely superb. My son has a Sonos Arc and the Dione simply blows it away. The soundstage is amazing, separating effects and dialogue very clearly. Am watching Ozark on Netflix for the second time finding the aural experience much clearer and more relaxing. As for music, I have had been listening to the latest Chillis album, Unlimited Love, as well as latest from Passenger and Father John Misty. The recordings are great and the Dione does justice to them all. My wife, my harshest HiFi critic, has absolutely no complaints even with the glitches.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.