Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roonready Not certified
(26-Sep-2020, 20:45)ogs Wrote: Then I'd try to reinstall the CI firmware. Go to the web interface of the amplifier and look around. There is at least one thread here at DC that describes this (AFAIK not related directly to the error you see, but....)

I replaced the firmware and dos at least 3 times, i made several config files, and i rebooted roonserver and the devialet also a few times. But it stays the same

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Devialet 250 pro CI, Audioquest Niagara, Audioquest Blizzard, AudioQuest Folk Heroes Robin Hood Zero + Bass , Roon, Revel Ultimate Salon 2
I would post this to the Roon forums in the @support area.  For whatever reason, Roon does not see your Devialet as Roon certified.  The fact that it's showing up at all under the Roon Ready heading says that Roon does recognize it as an Expert Pro.  But what is keeping it from being seen as certified is a mystery.  I'm certain the Roon support staff can help sort this out.

Just curious, if you enter the 192.168.1.56 IP address in your browser, do you get the Devialet Configuration page?

Another question.... Will Roon let you Enable it to get to Device Setup for it?   If so, that would tell you if it is recognizing your Audio Device as a Devialet Expert 250 Pro.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Interesting... there was a Roon thread about a problem quite similar to this well over a year ago... See here:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/deviale...fied/62791

Likely not the same issue, but Roon had to do something to it's recognition engine to get it resolved at the time.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Durham, NC USA
Hello McDonelly,

Thanks for the post. I don't know why, but Roon sees my Devialet now as Roonready. The only strange thing is that sometimes the music stops for a few seconds. I have to sort out why that is, and what Roon says in their Dialog field.
Devialet 250 pro CI, Audioquest Niagara, Audioquest Blizzard, AudioQuest Folk Heroes Robin Hood Zero + Bass , Roon, Revel Ultimate Salon 2
This is how it looks now

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@arnoveldhoven - Glad it's sorted out! Regarding the occasional dropouts.... how are you streaming to your Devialet from Roon: wifi or ethernet? And if ethernet, is it gigabit ethernet or 10/100mbps ethernet? I ask because there is a known Devialet bug that many experience with gigabit ethernet causing dropouts - particularly with hi-res 24bit music.
Durham, NC USA
Hello thanks again. I stream thru gigabit ethernet. Never had problems before. But after the upgrade I want to use Roonready. And with that I have problems. The quality is great. You think the pronlem wil be solved as I downgrade the ethernet to 100mb ?.

I don't know how to do this, the only thing I can think of is to put an older 100mb switch before the Devialet. I can also try to use the devialet with wifi.

I will let you know if this solved the problem of the dropouts.
When I use the Devialet over Wifi with Roonready the music stops as if I use the pause button. And I have a Netgear Orbi Mesh network with 600gb internet connection.
So that is no option. Tomorrow I shall try it with the 100mb switch...

To be continued.

It is better to spend all this time with playing music. I don't hope I regret the upgrade From a 250 to a 250 pro. In the past I used Devialet over ethernet with Roon and had never one problem.
A innexpensive 10/100 mbps switch in front of my Expert Pro 440 is exactly what I use and it works just fine. Rarely ever a dropout regardless of music res. WiFi can also work but, at least for me, my WiFi is not stable enough to give me consistent, no-problem results.

Note that this gigabit problem only occurs with Roon RAAT, not with Roon AIR. So AIR is another option, but personally, I prefer RAAT both for SQ and, more importantly, the ability to sync with other Roon Ready zones in my home.
Durham, NC USA
Don‘t know why, but the dropouts dissapeared when using wifi.

Roonready is working now flawless