Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secondary Phantoms
Hello all! I haven't posted in some time, so thought I'd share a couple pics for the New Year. My first Phantoms were a stereo pair of Reactor 900 (which were then renamed by Devialet to the Phantom II 98dB). They were replaced with a pair of Phantom I. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the smaller Phantoms. They've ended up being used wirelessly in two separate areas of the house. One in the kitchen and one at the top of the stairs.

[Image: b7ahy3C.jpg][Image: ZUbge0X.jpg]
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i
If you don't need them in another room as multiroom spearks, you can choose to place them together with the bigger set as backward speakers to give surround effect, using the app to group them all.
I really like the suicidal speaker placement by the stairs! Looks like the high end speaker friend of Humpty Dumpty. Have you secured the speaker in any way? Such a placement without a ton of Blue tack underneath the speaker would render me sleepless, nail biting. I reckon you have nerves of steel and a good balance, even after a night out. Kudos!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(03-Jan-2023, 00:22)ragwo Wrote: I really like the suicidal speaker placement by the stairs! Looks like the high end speaker friend of Humpty Dumpty. Have you secured the speaker in any way? Such a placement without a ton of Blue tack underneath the speaker would render me sleepless, nail biting. I reckon you have nerves of steel and a good balance, even after a night out. Kudos!

Funny. It's weighty enough on its own. Devialet did a great job with the rubber (?) underside of the Phantom as well.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i