Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker Cables
Hi, here you can calculate the resistor values!!

https://www.xplore-dna.net/mod/page/view.php?id=1291

https://www.sab-cable.com/cables-wires-h...nding.html
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(11-Jul-2022, 17:08)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: I'm not an expert, but, as far as I understand, we are talking about a circuit in which they are put in series:
- a power generator (amplifier)
- a resistor (speaker)
- the two connecting cables.
The speaker has a resistance (more precisely impedance) from about 4 Ohms and up.
What is the relevance of the resistance of the amplifier and of the cables, in the conditions in which it is of the order of 0.01 Ohm? The speaker has a resistance hundreds / thousands of times higher than that of the cables...

Hi
Its not precise. 
1. The speaker, regardless of it's impedance (resistance) it is a coil moving in a magnetic field. By Lentz law, when it moves by the current driven by the Amp., it becomes a generator, that generates a current, in opposite direction, of the same magnitude. The Amp, Damping Factor, supposed to damp it. Here it's when the DF value kicks in.
The more Df, the more control over the speaker.
The speaker cables, are like arms to place that power from the Amp. over the speakers.
Thin wires are weak arms. Thick cables are strong arms.
The thickness can go thick till a certain gauge. Once that is reached (optimum), even if you thicken the cable, the at wont benefit the sound or the control.
This optimum, can be calculated. It works till you replace the Amp, or change the cables length.
Hi all
I'm kind of surprised, on the unpleasant side, that none bothered to check his own speaker cables, if they are good or can be improved.
Such a simple task, providing two bits of information:
1. Amp's DF
2. Cable required length.
Anybody? Please...