Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There´s a new music format.
Has anyone got a spare £1,000,000? (as well as being a Bob Dylan fan, and someone who thinks LP's are superior to digital?)

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/bob-...235277363/

- Auction of a one-off Bob Dylan recording of "Blowin' In The Wind" on a signed Ionic Original expected to fetch up to £1m at Christie's, London - auction 7th July 2022[/b]
When or whether the rest of the general public will get to hear “Blowin'” or the full album Dylan has recorded with Burnett, in any format, is not discussed as part of the auction announcement.

- Playable on regular turntable / sounds as good as an acetate / doesn't wear out like acetates
“Artists have always lamented that the vinyl copies of their records don’t sound as good as the acetates,” Burnett told the audio magazine. “I’ve heard that hundreds of times.”

- Not clear whether other other/future Ionic Originals will be produced in larger quantities nor how much they will cost
the manufacturing of Ionic discs “is scalable to a mass-market level of production, (but) that will require considerable investment. For now, to gain both attention and funding for the company, NeoFidelity plans to create one-off recordings of notable artists, have them cut to disc by Jeff Powell of Take Out Vinyl (Daft Punk, The Black Keys, Al Green), and then sell them in a method yet to be determined.”
Said Burnett in the article, “We’ve had interest from people about private sales, interest from auction houses and we are close to making a decision of how we’re going to release the first one,. Pricing will change. How do you put a price on this? I have no idea, but over time, we’ll be able to figure that out.”
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Well, I was thinking of buying that nice detached house on the coast overlooking the beach... but now I'll think I'll get this instead, even though I don't even have a gramophone (grandad).
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(25-May-2022, 17:37)Confused Wrote: Has anyone got a spare £1,000,000? (as well as being a Bob Dylan fan, and someone who thinks LP's are superior to digital?)

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/bob-...235277363/

- Auction of a one-off Bob Dylan recording of "Blowin' In The Wind" on a signed Ionic Original expected to fetch up to £1m at Christie's, London - auction 7th July 2022[/b]
When or whether the rest of the general public will get to hear “Blowin'” or the full album Dylan has recorded with Burnett, in any format, is not discussed as part of the auction announcement.

- Playable on regular turntable / sounds as good as an acetate / doesn't wear out like acetates
“Artists have always lamented that the vinyl copies of their records don’t sound as good as the acetates,” Burnett told the audio magazine. “I’ve heard that hundreds of times.”

- Not clear whether other other/future Ionic Originals will be produced in larger quantities nor how much they will cost
the manufacturing of Ionic discs “is scalable to a mass-market level of production, (but) that will require considerable investment. For now, to gain both attention and funding for the company, NeoFidelity plans to create one-off recordings of notable artists, have them cut to disc by Jeff Powell of Take Out Vinyl (Daft Punk, The Black Keys, Al Green), and then sell them in a method yet to be determined.”
Said Burnett in the article, “We’ve had interest from people about private sales, interest from auction houses and we are close to making a decision of how we’re going to release the first one,. Pricing will change. How do you put a price on this? I have no idea, but over time, we’ll be able to figure that out.”

Price started from 600 000. 

The singular disc, in the acetate-like Ionic Recording format, appears in a photograph accompanying the announcement to have been autographed by both Dylan and Burnett on one side, and comes in a wooden case that marks it as a “one-of-one.”
[/url]
[url= https://onlineonly.christies.com/s/five-private-collections/lots/3276?filters=&loadall=true&page=3&searchphrase=&sortby=LotNumber&themes=]https://onlineonly.christies.com/s/five-private-collections/lots/3276?filters=&loadall=true&page=3&searchphrase=&sortby=LotNumber&themes=

As a result, I could not find it among the sold ones.