Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three phono inputs on Devialet Expert?
Hi all,
I've not been much active here as I've been very happy with my Expert 200. Smile

I use an analog front-end for the majority of listening, and like the ability to enjoy different cartridges. My current frontend supports three tonearms (and thus three cartridges) but I have only connected two to the Expert due to current capabilities of the Expert.

I would like to be able to connect the third tonearm as well, but trying to avoid additional boxes as much as possible. I realize that adding a third turntable input to the Expert is pretty much impossible as I don't think it may not deserve the time of Devialet engineers, but is there anyone here in a similar predicament?

An external phono stage is a clear option - but one of the reasons of going with the Devialet was to eliminate external boxes. Also, I like how the turntable sounds through the Devialet (obviously) and am looking for any options to that direction.

One potentially perfect option would be the Devialet Arch, as it is small enough, and is part of the same ecosystem - but there is no way to connect to the Expert directly I don't think?

If only the Arch had a digitial out... Smile
Second 200 to build 400 with 4 phono inputs- around 2000 Euros

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(21-Sep-2021, 13:56)Elztalbiker Wrote: Second 200 to build 400 with 4 phono inputs- around 2000 Euros

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Yeah, won't work that way. Smile
Since I have a 120, I can only use a single analog (phono or line) input.
In the 200, are both phono inputs equally capable?
If not, maybe with a multi input step up transformer you could allow to switch between two cartridges on the same phono input (placing the SUT in front of the input that performs less satisfying with MC carts)
(21-Sep-2021, 09:55)InSides Wrote: One potentially perfect option would be the Devialet Arch, as it is small enough, and is part of the same ecosystem - but there is no way to connect to the Expert directly I don't think?

Unfortunately Arch only works with Phantoms. I think Devialet is using a variant of the AIR protocol to transfer the signal from Arch. This could also be used for Pro amps, but Devialet would have to implement it first. I doubt that will happen..
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(21-Sep-2021, 16:14)docvale Wrote: In the 200, are both phono inputs equally capable?

Yes, both are equally capable, and I use both. I would like (need) a third. Smile

(22-Sep-2021, 10:09)ogs Wrote: Unfortunately Arch only works with Phantoms. I think Devialet is using a variant of the AIR protocol to transfer the signal from Arch. This could also be used for Pro amps, but Devialet would have to implement it first. I doubt that will happen..

That would be awesome, but yeah - I can see little chance of that happening. However, I was thinking I might get one Arch and try to hack a digital output.
If Devialet made the Arch work with Pro amps it would probably only be for amps with the CI board. You'd still be left out unless you upgrade to a 220 Pro CI. The upgrade is more expensive than @Elztalbiker 's suggestion of getting another 200 to make a 400.
Hacking a digital output on Arch would be awesome Smile
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB