Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volume problem 220 Pro
Hello everybody ,
I have a serious problem with the volume of my 220 Pro.
it happened twice that the volume went to the maximum with serious risk to my speakers.
Both from remote and from Roon it was not possible to turn down the volume, it returned to maximum levels.
Yesterday the amplifier (protection?) Was switched off by itself, switched on again and played regularly.
Has it ever happened to anyone?
how to solve?

thank you
Clearaudio Solution Cmb - Clearaudio Syncro Power - Achromat - The Wand Plus II - AT Oc9 III - Nuc Cirrus7  Roon Rock - Cisco sg200-08 - D220 Expert Pro Ci - PMC LB1 Signature with SAM - Egglestonworks Fontaine II - 2x BK 200Xls ff Mk2 - Meicord Eth - Siltech New York - Audioquest Nrg Z3 - HAF Drc

Marietto - Italia
Hello Marietto,

Yes, several of us have seen this before; there's a thread about it: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Remote-r...-by-itself.

It's most likely that this happens when the remote control keeps sending a signal to the amp to raise the volume.

If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest replacing the batteries in the remote as low batteries seems to be one of the possible causes. Leave the remote without batteries for an hour or two before putting the new batteries in. If the problem persists, it's worth reporting to Devialet in case your remote is faulty.

Hope that helps,

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(06-Nov-2022, 08:57)thumb5 Wrote: Hello Marietto,

Yes, several of us have seen this before; there's a thread about it: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Remote-r...-by-itself.

It's most likely that this happens when the remote control keeps sending a signal to the amp to raise the volume.

If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest replacing the batteries in the remote as low batteries seems to be one of the possible causes.  Leave the remote without batteries for an hour or two before putting the new batteries in.  If the problem persists, it's worth reporting to Devialet in case your remote is faulty.

Hope that helps,

Ian

Thanks Ian,
it is a D200 updated to 220 two years ago, they also overhauled the remote control (they say) the batteries I changed a few days ago.
Now I read the posts you reported.
Thanks again
Clearaudio Solution Cmb - Clearaudio Syncro Power - Achromat - The Wand Plus II - AT Oc9 III - Nuc Cirrus7  Roon Rock - Cisco sg200-08 - D220 Expert Pro Ci - PMC LB1 Signature with SAM - Egglestonworks Fontaine II - 2x BK 200Xls ff Mk2 - Meicord Eth - Siltech New York - Audioquest Nrg Z3 - HAF Drc

Marietto - Italia
(06-Nov-2022, 08:50)Marietto Wrote: Hello everybody ,
it happened twice that the volume went to the maximum with serious risk to my speakers.
Both from remote and from Roon it was not possible to turn down the volume, it returned to maximum levels.
Yesterday the amplifier (protection?) Was switched off by itself, switched on again and played regularly.
how to solve?

thank you

Change the batteries in the remote.
It happened to me once. A couple of minutes before it, I realized that the volume on display "played" with +  - 0.5 value.
I was intrigued about that since I didn't touch the remote and after a couple of minutes, my Dev went on maximum load. 
Protection was activated and switched off. Then I changed the batteries and everything was fine. No any damage on speakers or Devialet. 
It happened 3 years ago.
Since that, without any problem. 
regards
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
(09-Nov-2022, 19:23)zoran_pavlovic Wrote:
(06-Nov-2022, 08:50)Marietto Wrote: Hello everybody ,
how to solve?

thank you

Change the batteries in the remote.
It happened to me once. A couple of minutes before it, I realized that the volume on display "played" with +  - 0.5 value.
I was intrigued about that since I didn't touch the remote and after a couple of minutes, my Dev went on maximum load. 
Protection was activated and switched off. Then I changed the batteries and everything was fine. No any damage on speakers or Devialet. 
It happened 3 years ago.
Since that, without any problem. 
regards

thank you
for now I'm only using the remote from Roon, I have to recover from the shock   Blush

Regards

Marietto - Italia
...but beware that there are many reports of similar automatic volume-increase problems with Roon (see the Roon community forum).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(11-Nov-2022, 09:11)thumb5 Wrote: ...but beware that there are many reports of similar automatic volume-increase problems with Roon (see the Roon community forum).

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that.

I limited Roon by 20db now max volume to +10db . When I listen the optimum is at 0db

Marietto - Italia