Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson Audio SabrinaX
These speakers have just been released last week.
I was wondering if somebody got the chance to listen to them...
I almost bought the Sabrina a few years ago; for me they sound and look wonderful and their size is perfect for a standard size living room.
SabrinaX speakers seem to be quite a big improvement versus Sabrina.

https://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/sabrina/sabrinax

I will definitely try to listen to them as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
(08-Sep-2020, 11:14)philoouu Wrote: These speakers have just been released last week.
I was wondering if somebody got the chance to listen to them...
I almost bought the Sabrina a few years ago; for  me they sound and look wonderful and their size is perfect for a standard size living room.
SabrinaX speakers seem to be quite a big improvement versus Sabrina.

https://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/sabrina/sabrinax

I will definitely try to listen to them as soon as possible.

I already listen to them, at the local dealer.
They look almost the same but sounds better, as you would expect.
If they weren't that expensive (almost 24.000€] I would consider listening to them at home after all the auditions scheduled for the next few days.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
Thanks for your message. Usually 24000 Euros speakers are much bigger...
When you say they are expensive you mean in absolute term or relatively to other "quality equivalent" speakers ?
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
(08-Sep-2020, 12:21)philoouu Wrote: Thanks for your message. Usually 24000 Euros speakers are much bigger...
When you say they are expensive you mean in absolute term or relatively to other "quality equivalent" speakers ?

All Wilson speakers are expensive... and good.
In my opinion, it depends a lot on where you live. If you´re in US, a pair of Wilson’s it’s not that expensive, if you’re in Europe it´s not difficult to get a pair of very good speakers from a european manufacturer for a much lower price.

Taxes greatly influence price, but not quality.
We must always compare, and do it between equipment of similar level but from competing markets makes the task very difficult.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
I went to listen SabrinaX yesterday. It was very nice but I could not compare to previous versions. I could listen to two different speakers in the same categories: B&W802D and TAD-E1TX-K. Wilson Audio SabrinaX sounded to me more musical I would say but less detailed than B&W802D.

I'm very interested- hoping to hear more details and awaiting a review or two...
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
(18-Sep-2020, 02:36)philoouu Wrote: I went to listen SabrinaX yesterday. It was very nice but I could not compare to previous versions. I could listen to two different speakers in the same categories: B&W802D and TAD-E1TX-K. Wilson Audio SabrinaX sounded to me more musical I would say but less detailed than B&W802D.

I thought those three speakers has a very different range of prices, the B&W the cheaper, the TAD the pricey and the SabrinaX in the middle.
Depends where you live. In my country TAD TAD-E1TX-K are less expensive than SabrinaX. B&W 802D are about the same as SabrinaX. I was impressed by the TAD too, fantastic bass and good details.There is no choice of color and they are bigger than the SabrinaX.

I had a listen at a local hifi dealer. Amp was big pure A-class Accuphase and source was Qobuz. At first it seemed very solid and well integrated. Like the sound came out effortlessly. When I listened more I noticed nice openness and separation and how it layered sound in a very interesting way and it was getting better the more I listened. I loved to listen to them and I plan to visit the store again with my Devialet with me to really test them more and play with even different firmware versions and SAM setting. I actually have an old 250 model in which I prefer the old 7 firmware for its most tube like sound. I think the newer firmwares sound a little flat and a bit dry, although they have more detail and better stereo image (9 and 10). 8 is like 7 but with SAM and sound a more tiring and forced at least with my PMC Twenty5.26. I have had many of the firmwares for a long time but 7 is the most easy to listen and in the end that is the one I have come back to. I may have different taste than many other people though. I have been thinking about a newer Devialet but fear that the sound is going for a direction I do not like personally but the Pro models are said to be different but how many have a good comparison between a unit running firmware 7. I may have already sold the Devialet if there was not the version 7. I also recently preferred an old Pathos amp on my holiday home to a newer model for pretty much the same reasons, the old one had more air and dynamic feel eventhough less detail but for me it evoked more feeling. I guess everyone has their own taste and you really have to listen to yourself. But I loved what I heard about Sabrina X so far, it could really touch me with a few records that I was familiar with me. Eerlier with the same amp I did not like PMC Fact 12 Signatures that much, which was a bit surprising for me. But with Wilsons the Accuphase was very nice.