Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would I regret swapping a gold for 2 silvers??
(02-May-2021, 22:53)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(02-May-2021, 22:24)st33f Wrote:
(02-May-2021, 10:15)Snoopy8 Wrote: OP had treepods, but half decent stands will do as well. It will also work with Isoacoustics stands. The important thing is to treat the Phantoms like a good pair of speakers. 

Also, position them properly in the room and not put them in corners, tucked away somewhere.

Which isoacoustics stands?

I used silver Aperta stands with my Gold Phantoms because they were less of a colour clash.  However, you can use any of the Iso stands or even the Iso Pucks.  Could not hear a difference between the pro audio and consumer range...
Forgive my ignorance, but are they stable? It looks to me like flat bottom is needed because of four suport points. Any pics?
Treepods were pricey, but fit perfectly and saved me a ton of time.  They also point them directly at my ears when on the couch.  They look really good too!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-May-2021, 00:00)st33f Wrote:
(02-May-2021, 22:53)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(02-May-2021, 22:24)st33f Wrote: Which isoacoustics stands?

I used silver Aperta stands with my Gold Phantoms because they were less of a colour clash.  However, you can use any of the Iso stands or even the Iso Pucks.  Could not hear a difference between the pro audio and consumer range...
Forgive my ignorance, but are they stable? It looks to me like flat bottom is needed because of four suport points. Any pics?

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Found-Go...f-Phantoms

If you zoom in, you can see a small IKEA bamboo chopping board, but anything flat will do.
(03-May-2021, 03:10)goofynick6 Wrote: Treepods were pricey, but fit perfectly and saved me a ton of time.  They also point them directly at my ears when on the couch.  They look really good too!
be careful not to damage the woofers!
When I see your chessboard like this, the alarm bells are already going off. ;-)
(03-May-2021, 12:31)Johnnydev Wrote:
(03-May-2021, 03:10)goofynick6 Wrote: Treepods were pricey, but fit perfectly and saved me a ton of time.  They also point them directly at my ears when on the couch.  They look really good too!
be careful not to damage the woofers!
When I see your chessboard like this, the alarm bells are already going off. ;-)

It's just an illusion, it has plenty of distance.  We just moved in, so still getting organized and using it as an end table 🙂
So, I have had these almost a year now, and was wanting to gauge interest in selling my setup! I can't list in the sale section yet since I don't have 25 posts yet. These sound great, but I don't listen to them loud enough to get their potential. I am usually listening at 25-35 volume, and at that level they are not even getting going yet. From 45-100 they are incredible. Looking at selling and going with something smaller and better suited to playing at lower volume levels.

I have over $7k U.S. into this setup, wondering what they are worth...?