Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how devialet gold vs B&O a9
there are several reviews online but I was wondering if you guys compared two? I am thinking to get A9 for living room because I've already have gold in bedroom
Big Grin thanks
Design vs ?
A pair of Golds can perform serious high end sound if speakers are placed optimally (usually not the best placement visually...) The A9 is designed to sound decent and look smashing. It's not the little sister of Beolab 90.
Just one Gold in your bedroom? I guess one A9 will work fine in your living room. For stereo, however I'd definitely go with Phantoms.

EDIT: what about a pair of Reactors? There is now a black Reactor if white is not suitable.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(19-Nov-2019, 10:59)ogs Wrote: Design vs ?
A pair of Golds can perform serious high end sound if speakers are placed optimally (usually not the best placement visually...) The A9 is designed to sound decent and look smashing. It's not the little sister of Beolab 90.
Just one Gold in your bedroom? I guess one A9 will work fine in your living room. For stereo, however I'd definitely go with Phantoms.

EDIT: what about a pair of Reactors? There is now a black Reactor if white is not suitable.
Yes, just one Gold in my bedroom
thank you for your suggestion.  wow two black Reactors will look sexy. 
As mentioned by previous posters, if you can get a Stereo pair then it will give a better performance than mono. I have Phantom Silver pair earlier and in much earlier life a B&O Beolab 9 pair. Right now the only active speaker pair I have is Kef LSX. 

Value for Money / Price to Performance Ratio, I would put KEF LSX at a much higher level than Phantoms. If you are a critical listener, then your mileage may vary. It might be something you want to consider even from placement perspective. I love the Silvers performance but it was not the most convenient when it comes to positioning with the side firing woofers. That is my biggest gripe but of course I live in a small apartment so it is only applicable to likes of me. If there is sufficient space around, I am sure they will beat KEF LSX in critical listening test

I heard A9 in a shop and it has good sound but it was not home environment and still a single speaker. If you have to chose a single speaker and between a single Gold / single A9, then I would pick A9. You can enjoy two different sound signatures and probably switch them between the rooms once in a while. I think A9 is cheaper as well.
Devialet Expert Pro CI 220 + Marantz SR7013 | Kef Reference 201/2 R200c E305 E301 (5.1.4) |
Marantz Consolette |
(20-Nov-2019, 11:59)WTree Wrote: If there is sufficient space around...

I am wondering, when will the space be sufficient? i am a bit limited to the places I can put the Phantoms (I do not have them). How much room do they need?
(20-Nov-2019, 11:59)WTree Wrote: As mentioned by previous posters, if you can get a Stereo pair then it will give a better performance than mono. I have Phantom Silver pair earlier and in much earlier life a B&O Beolab 9 pair. Right now the only active speaker pair I have is Kef LSX. 

Value for Money / Price to Performance Ratio, I would put KEF LSX at a much higher level than Phantoms. If you are a critical listener, then your mileage may vary. It might be something you want to consider even from placement perspective. I love the Silvers performance but it was not the most convenient when it comes to positioning with the side firing woofers. That is my biggest gripe but of course I live in a small apartment so it is only applicable to likes of me. If there is sufficient space around, I am sure they will beat KEF LSX in critical listening test

I heard A9 in a shop and it has good sound but it was not home environment and still a single speaker. If you have to chose a single speaker and between a single Gold / single A9, then I would pick A9. You can enjoy two different sound signatures and probably switch them between the rooms once in a while. I think A9 is cheaper as well.

Phantoms gold with Dante in surround is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk