Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
speakers suggestions for Devialet 200
Hi, I'm a new member of the forum and need some help. I own a Devialet 200 and would like to replace my currrent loudspeakers with a pair of maximum cost 5,000-8,000 Euros. Any suggestions what would be compatible and of maximum performance with my Devialet? One of my options is Sonus Faber Olympica 2. Has any of you listened to Devialet/Sonus Faber combination?? What's your opinion?
My space is appr. 35 sq.m and my music preferences are mainly jazz and instrumental ansembles

Suggestions welcome!

Thanks/Dimi
(13-Dec-2014, 16:45)Dimi Pap Wrote: Hi, I'm a new member of the forum and need some help. I own a Devialet 200 and would like to replace my currrent loudspeakers with a pair of maximum cost 5,000-8,000 Euros. Any suggestions what would be compatible and of maximum performance with my Devialet? One of my options is Sonus Faber Olympica 2. Has any of you listened to Devialet/Sonus Faber combination?? What's your opinion?
My space is appr. 35 sq.m and my music preferences are mainly jazz and instrumental ansembles

Suggestions welcome!

Thanks/Dimi

Hi Dimi Pap, welcome to the forum and congrats for your new D200

i suggest you start by having a look here on all SAM ready speakers http://en.devialet.com/speakers

in this price range there will be so many good options.

but of course the rule of jumb is that you audition and listen to the speakers yourself and preferably if you can test them at your listening room with your system. that would be the real test
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Hello Dimi,

Several of us on the forum (myself included) are using Devialets with Sonus Faber speakers. For the kind of music you mentioned, I'd say it's a very good match. There's no substitute for a home demo, though, if you can arrange that.

If you haven't already found it, you might want to have a look at this thread for some other suggestions in the same kind of price range.

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Unfortunately, in my city I can only test Audio Physic and Focal, so I have to count on other users' opinions.

Dimi
(13-Dec-2014, 17:10)Dimi Pap Wrote: Unfortunately, in my city I can only test Audio Physic and Focal, so I have to count on other users' opinions.

Dimi
Focal should sound be a sweet match as well. Give it a try. But it will not be fair to you to limit your choices to two brands only.

Also check this thread. Might bring some inspiration

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=564
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Hi Dimi,

Good taste! Cool

The combination D200/Olympica II sounds, overall, natural and very vivid (but without overdoing). Is unforced, open, relaxed and fluent. Ken Kessler used the adjective "coherent" several times to define the Olympica III in his extremely favourable review in HiFi News (as you know, the IIs are almost identical).
Voices are faithfully represented displaying their natural texture, and large and complex classical passages flow effortlessly.

Regarding soundstage, it is generously proportionate in heigh, width and depth. Here the interaction with your room, as with any speaker, will dictate almost everything.

Another plus side is that the SAM profile lowers the bass floor to, if I remember correctly, 23Hz from the original 40Hz (human hearing capability apparently doesn't go below 20 Hz). And your 35 sqm room is just perfect, even if the IIs can still fill larger spaces.

I hope to have given you a glimpse of what these speakers are. To be honest, I cannot think of any negative other than that they may be less than ideal with heavily compressed rock material, and then only if pushed to their limits.

Let me know if I can help you further!

ML
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy
Hi ML,

I really apriciate your valiable help. Your description is very important. I think your recommedation is critical for my choice (I'm thinking about Kef 3 Reference as well)

Many thanks

Dimi
I am using Marten Django L here myself.
The black version is 7000 Euro, the silver/metallic version is 350 Euro more iirc.

With SAM it's a great combination. Without too, but SAM just adds a tighter and deeper bass.
Not always, but SAM does that.
Devialet 200 | Marten Django L | Modified Philips CD940 | Technics SL1210 Mk2
Hi Weust
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll listen to the speakers you recommend, how would you describe their sound? Many reviews identufy it as neutral and very detailed.
Thanks once again,
Dimi
To me they indeed sound neutral and very detailed.
I've got some albums in high resolution from Doug Macleod and David Crosby (their latest albums) and those sounds amazing on my system.

I can't see where you live, but you're welcome to come around and listen.
Devialet 200 | Marten Django L | Modified Philips CD940 | Technics SL1210 Mk2