Devialet Chat
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released (/Thread-New-beta-firmware-7-1-3-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Yippedidou - 01-May-2015

More definition for me, better dynamics in the lows... Makes me want to use the word PRAT to describe it. Is like I'm more into the music. I like it but have no clue what they changed. Burried in their site, like if they didnt want too many people to find out.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Ants - 01-May-2015

I also seem to be experiencing better dynamics with lows, smoother highs and some added details. Yes sir.... I like it !

New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - warpeon - 01-May-2015

I could not find 7.1.3 on the website. How could I download?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Dr Tone - 01-May-2015

(01-May-2015, 02:13)warpeon Wrote: I could not find 7.1.3 on the website. How could I download?

https://help.devialet.com/entries/34982912-Beta-version-of-Firmware

New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - warpeon - 01-May-2015

Thanks!

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Arjan - 01-May-2015

More presence & better separation. Definitely different!

New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - amabrok - 01-May-2015

Glad to see that owners of non-SAMed speakers are also reporting improvements.

So let me see, if this new firmware will bring overall sound improvement, SAM 2, ability to use Spark/Dialog and allow DSD it will be a great thing.

So this will be the first of the two annual upgrades promised by Devialet. Then let's say another update in December to bring Room Correction. Oh if that materializes then 2015 would be the year of Expert Line.

Speaking of which, did any of u guys try to see if the new firmware now allows DSD? I am currently on this business trip and can't try the new firmware myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Hifi_swlon - 01-May-2015

The other thing I noticed last night, is there seemed to be less difference than there was previously in the sound presentation with SAM on and off. As SAM is quite new to me I'd been toggling it during most things I'd been playing back, so was getting quite used to the difference.

I just wonder whether Devialet - from all the speaker data they've gathered so far - could have extracted some kind of 'common' SAM properties for all speakers in general - which is on regardless of the SAM setting - and then an extra correction specific to each speaker model when SAM is enabled? I don't understand the process or technology well enough to even know if this is possible, but it would certainly fit with their hints at 'SAM for everyone'

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Mikeeo - 01-May-2015

(30-Apr-2015, 22:08)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Had a listen tonight with a couple of albums I know well. To my ears, the softening I was hearing with SAM enabled seems to be much reduced.  I hadn't got used to the D200's sound enough to say more generally about the change in sound, but the softening was something that bothered me and was very apparent, so I'd be very surprised if the new firmware didn't at least have a SAM update. Well, now I can brace myself for the big reveal too.......  Shy

Hi,

Please describe the softening effect that you experienced. For me SAM in general added not only better bass but more important clarity and coherence in the other areas av the music spectrum.

Best/Mike

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Sylvain27 - 01-May-2015

(01-May-2015, 06:45)amabrok Wrote: Speaking of which, did any of u guys try to see if the new firmware now allows DSD? I am currently on this business trip and can't try the new firmware myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,
I tried using two different ways, but no success Sad
  Best regards,
Sylvain