Devialet Chat
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released (/Thread-New-beta-firmware-7-1-3-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Rodney Gold - 01-May-2015

No chance of a common speaker or bass correction for speakers .. Its not possible.
Changes to internal dsp etc can make an audible difference
I have a dprem so i wonder of i should give it a bash.. Not sure what benfits I will get tho..

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - moreno1973 - 01-May-2015

With 7.1.3 Voice of Diana Krall is just superb. Listen The look of love. You will Hear silky strings in the background plus mesmerazing Voice. Big change is also in timbres. As someone said now the sound is more Tube alike. Fuller body of sound and more articulation in low tones gives great final impression.

Sometimes I feel like this is not a 200 but 250 playing...

What are Your opinions owners of 200? Did You noticed this fuller presentatation?

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - NickB - 01-May-2015

(01-May-2015, 09:28)clive.grace Wrote: I just installed it and I think my coffee tastes better

Coffee always tastes better in the morning while listening to music !!!!

Nów there is just more class A typical sound in DevialetWink

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Hifi_swlon - 01-May-2015

(01-May-2015, 08:59)Mikeeo Wrote:
(30-Apr-2015, 22:08)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Had a listen tonight with a couple of albums I know well. To my ears, the softening I was hearing with SAM enabled seems to be much reduced.  I hadn't got used to the D200's sound enough to say more generally about the change in sound, but the softening was something that bothered me and was very apparent, so I'd be very surprised if the new firmware didn't at least have a SAM update. Well, now I can brace myself for the big reveal too.......  Shy

Hi,

Please describe the softening effect that you experienced. For me SAM in general added not only better bass but more important clarity and coherence in the other areas av the music spectrum.

Best/Mike

Well, it's, er, a slight softening... Wink

Not sure how to describe it better, but I'll try….

I find that without SAM, the detail in the upper frequencies is very sharp, and precise and the 3d soundstage is wide and again, precise.

With SAM enabled, I sense a drop in detail/clarity, and everything seems somehow 'smoothed' in the treble.  The soundstage isn't as wide or precise as it was. I get extra depth to the bass but only if its there in the recording which I guess is expected - I sometimes notice very little change with SAM enabled other than that softening and soundstage shrink. Well, that was with 7.1.1 anyway, which is what my unit came with, and I've only had it a couple of weeks. With 7.1.3 I didn't notice that 'softening' or 'difference' so much when I engaged SAM - based on only a few tracks obviously. 

Apologies, describing sound isn't my strong point.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - windler - 01-May-2015

Just upgrade my 400 .
For my ears it looks that the sound is more open , and the highs are more crispy .
The lows more define and soft .
Somehow I think it nice .
I must agree with moreno1973 Diana Krall is just superb.

I am waiting for new Air for MAC ....
I hope that someone in Devialet hear our Voice

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Caligari - 01-May-2015

Noticing more sibilance.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Hifi_swlon - 01-May-2015

(01-May-2015, 09:55)moreno1973 Wrote: With 7.1.3 Voice of Diana Krall is just superb. ...

I'd not heard of Diana Krall outside of hifi forums, but she does seem to crop up an awful lot when people are comparing systems… is she a 'go to' test track?

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - windler - 01-May-2015

Yes , I think here music is reference to many audiophile .

And it almost  consensus
I am using this disk

[Image: DianaKrallTheGirlInTheOtherRoom.jpg]