Devialet Chat
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released (/Thread-New-beta-firmware-7-1-3-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - amabrok - 02-May-2015

I upgraded to 7.1.3 and I did not hear or feel much of a difference in terms of SQ!

But some of the bugs seem to be squashed with this beta version like falling to complete the boot up sequence and the out of sync display of master and slave units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Rufus McDufus - 02-May-2015

One thing I do notice is that I can play at lower volume settings than previously. I had an issue earlier this year where I found I was having to set the volume to maybe -10dB for rock and up to +5dB or so for some quieter classical. I have it set to -25dB for rock right now and it's perfectly loud. Hmm. This is with the same source, cables etc. and same (200W) power setting.

New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - LBameule - 02-May-2015

I did as we discussed before and, yes, the SAM % menu is back! Yaaayy!! Thanks!

Considering Amabrok's reply above, I was wondering if there actually is no real SQ changes, and every improvement or change we actually feel is either psychological or just the result of forcing a complete reset inside the D, with the unplugging, loading of new SW, and whatnot... Not that it matters much if what we like what we hear, does it?

Cheers!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Hifi_swlon - 02-May-2015

(02-May-2015, 14:47)Dr Tone Wrote:
(01-May-2015, 23:11)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I reverted back to 7.1.1 too.

Had issues or just couldn't hear the difference and went back to production version?

No issues - I could hear a difference and didn't really like it. 

To my ears the sound was harsher, and I would agree with another poster to the sibilance. I found the sound slightly more forward and aggressive and contrary to many, less analogue.  To some that is probably 'more detail', but to me it feels like Audirvana+, which I recently abandoned as I found the extra treble emphasis made the sound grate a bit. All subjective obviously, and I'm in a situation where my room is on the edge in terms of brightness so it doesn't take much. 

Returning to 7.1.1 felt better. 

No idea what sorts of issues people have. For me, air is the problem - whether that's in the device or on the osx software I don't know. But once again, left it playing while I was out for an hour, only to come back to that throbbing/pulsating noise. I'd say it's the weakest aspect of the Devialet experience so far by a mile. It would be what makes me move on to something else. 

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - james n - 02-May-2015

(02-May-2015, 16:37)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(02-May-2015, 14:47)Dr Tone Wrote:
(01-May-2015, 23:11)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I reverted back to 7.1.1 too.

Had issues or just couldn't hear the difference and went back to production version?

No issues - I could hear a difference and didn't really like it. 

To my ears the sound was harsher, and I would agree with another poster to the sibilance. I found the sound slightly more forward and aggressive and contrary to many, less analogue.  To some that is probably 'more detail', but to me it feels like Audirvana+, which I recently abandoned as I found the extra treble emphasis made the sound grate a bit. All subjective obviously, and I'm in a situation where my room is on the edge in terms of brightness so it doesn't take much. 

Returning to 7.1.1 felt better. 

No idea what sorts of issues people have. For me, air is the problem - whether that's in the device or on the osx software I don't know. But once again, left it playing while I was out for an hour, only to come back to that throbbing/pulsating noise. I'd say it's the weakest aspect of the Devialet experience so far by a mile. It would be what makes me move on to something else. 

Hmm - Gone back to 7.1.1. Not keen on the 7.1.3 update - coarse and ill defined bass. 

No issues for me with 7.1.1 (Audivarna + via USB) so i'll stay here for now. 

James

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Eddye - 02-May-2015

I've not tried the beta. I really want to know what has changed before I try it. If the changelog for 7.1.3 wont be released I'll just wait for the new 8.0 version.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Hifi_swlon - 02-May-2015

(02-May-2015, 17:44)Eddye Wrote: I've not tried the beta. I really want to know what has changed before I try it. If the changelog for 7.1.3 wont be released I'll just wait for the new 8.0 version.

I'm new to this Devialet lark, but whereas I'm hesitant with upgrading computer software for all the unforeseen issues that crop up and cause havoc, trying Devialet firmware seems pretty straightforward - both to install it, and revert to a previous version. I even just leave my config on the sd card and it loads that after installation. So I'm happy to just try and see what happens. 

Or are there pitfalls I'm just not aware of yet!?

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - amabrok - 02-May-2015

(02-May-2015, 19:01)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Or are there pitfalls I'm just not aware of yet!?

It is indeed straightforward and if you do not like it you can simply revert back to 7.1.1

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - amabrok - 02-May-2015

it just crossed my mind now... members who have reported SQ improvement, which source/input where you using? I for one did not feel/notice/hear any sound quality improvement on the the USB input (Source being Aurender X100)

It is just a guess work, but could it be that somehow the beta version improves the performance of some digital inputs more than others?

feedback please...

thanks

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Rufus McDufus - 02-May-2015

I'm using USB (Cubox) and do hear good improvements.