Devialet Chat
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released (/Thread-New-beta-firmware-7-1-3-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - amabrok - 02-May-2015

(02-May-2015, 20:50)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I'm using USB (Cubox) and do hear good improvements.

Thanks Rufus, that refutes my assumption I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - ogs - 02-May-2015

(02-May-2015, 20:50)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I'm using USB (Cubox) and do hear good improvements.

I just installed 7.1.1 again. 7.1.3 did not work well in my system. Sound stage narrowed and upper midrange and treble was harsh on some recordings. Using USB. I'll try it again when it is not beta. I often find that I need to finely adjust the rest of my set up with a new firmware. I did not do that this time. Maybe 7.1.3 revealed some weaknesses I need to fix?

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Pim - 02-May-2015

Installed 7.1.3 yesterday morning and can't hear a difference in SQ over AIR-Ethernet. I did find at first listen that it sounded loud. It could have just been the recording or maybe it does sound a bit harsher and that's what makes you want to turn it down... although I did crank it later in the night and enjoyed it thoroughly  Smile

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Riddo - 03-May-2015

I noticed - on AES/EBU - a significant difference. Certainly much more so than the last three or four firmware changes. Bass seems weightier, voices generally have more body and there seems to be a reduction in "thin-ness" in the midrange. There is more ease to the general presentation and I'm hearing more definition and "spread" in the soundstage.
  Last night's session went for five hours with a friend who had come from listening to a mutual friend's Burmester/MBL 101E Mk 2 system. I didn't mention the firmware change and when I asked if he'd noticed any change he said that he thought I'd changed music servers and that it sounded more natural.
  I'll try USB today and ask my partner to change SD cards with different firmwares marked with A or B and see if a difference is still apparent.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Vizargo - 03-May-2015

I've been playing with the new firmware for a couple of days now... I did notice a bigger difference between the USB and AES/EBU inputs than before... The bass with the AES/EBU input seems to be less muddy, more detailed than with the USB.  Speaking of USB, I just got a Sony NW-ZX2 after I upgraded the Devialet and I connected it to the USB input of the 800 just to try it... and then I noticed that my DSF files played @ 176.4kHz (as per the Devialet's display)... Maybe early support of DSD on Devialet ? Gonna try to revert back to the 7.1.1 and see if those files still play... might be the ZX2 also down-converts to PCM on its USB output...

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Vizargo - 03-May-2015

Nevermind my previous post about DSD files... bummer... I'd love for the Devialet to support them soon...

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - moreno1973 - 03-May-2015

(03-May-2015, 01:20)Riddo Wrote:   I noticed - on AES/EBU - a significant difference. Certainly much more so than the last three or four firmware changes. Bass seems weightier, voices generally have more body and there seems to be a reduction in "thin-ness" in the midrange. There is more ease to the general presentation and I'm hearing more definition and "spread" in the soundstage.

Very similar impressions. 

I noticed differences using Coaxial cable connected to my CD.

New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - archer75 - 03-May-2015

Just installed nothing to lose. Will try later on, now this is the time for live football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - ogs - 03-May-2015

(02-May-2015, 23:36)ogs Wrote:
(02-May-2015, 20:50)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I'm using USB (Cubox) and do hear good improvements.

I just installed 7.1.1 again. 7.1.3 did not work well in my system. Sound stage narrowed and upper midrange and treble was harsh on some recordings. Using USB. I'll try it again when it is not beta. I often find that I need to finely adjust the rest of my set up with a new firmware. I did not do that this time. Maybe 7.1.3 revealed some weaknesses I need to fix?

I installed 7.1.3 again tonight. I certainly had weaknesses to fix! My methods!  Blush  I must admit I had a different pair of speakers in my system than my usual yesterday. The new speakers where clearly not broken in properly so the problems I thought I heard with 7.1.3 was related to the speakers. Today I put back my normal speakers and it is now quite easy to hear the improvements Rufus and others have pointed out.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Rufus McDufus - 03-May-2015

You have been assimilated into the group of believers ogs!