Devialet Chat
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released (/Thread-New-beta-firmware-7-1-3-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - blair.athol - 03-May-2015

I tested the new firmware for some hours today, playing files from stereo and stereoplay test sources as well as my preferred tracks such as King Creosote & John Hopkins, Bats in the Attic or Yello, Till Tomorrow.
I streamed from my Mac using Air Wifi and played hires tracks with 92khz and 192 khz, SAM enabled on my D200 and B&W 804D.
Indeed, I noticed a wider spread in the soundstage, a well bodied bass and great sounding voices which seem to be even better placed than before. Compared to the previous firmware, I also listened that trumpets sounded more natural again.
I confirm that the temperature seems to be lower.
In regard to the white noise problem there seems to be an improvement as well, I experienced the crackling noise only once during a track at 192khz. It disappeared immediately after playing the same track at 92 khz (Stereo Hörtest Edition Vol. III, Full Moon over Istanbul, The Larry Coryell Organ Trio).

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Hifi_swlon - 04-May-2015

Jon Hopkins & KC - great album...

Is crackling noise only once in a few hours an improvement? I'm sooo disappointed in this. The combination of Air issues and chattering power supply noise has made me have real doubts about my Devialet purchase. The allure of the shiny slab is fading for very quickly for me unfortunately - if it doesn't work properly I dont see myself keeping it long term. And if I don't get a few days without experiencing any crackling or dropouts it's going to be a far shorter affair than planned I'm sorry to say.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - hk6230 - 04-May-2015

(04-May-2015, 00:16)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Jon Hopkins & KC - great album...

Is crackling noise only once in a few hours an improvement? I'm sooo disappointed in this. The combination of Air issues and chattering power supply noise has made me have real doubts about my Devialet purchase. The allure of the shiny slab is fading for very quickly for me unfortunately - if it doesn't work properly I dont see myself keeping it long term. And if I don't get a few days without experiencing any crackling or dropouts it's going to be a far shorter affair than planned I'm sorry to say.

Have you tried using other sources of music transport such as CD, Sonos, PC/Mac with USB? You need to iron out what's the real cause of your problem. Any possibility to use Ethernet connection for both your PC/Mac and Devialet? Power supply noise is a very abnormal issue, don't your dealer accept return for such issue?

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - ogs - 04-May-2015

(03-May-2015, 22:56)Rufus McDufus Wrote: You have been assimilated into the group of believers ogs!

Thanks Rufus! Smile

Almost exactly one year ago I wrote to Thierry at Devialet and described what I heard as a difference between two different firmware versions. At the time I was still using a D-Premier. I had 5.7.3 on it as I preferred this to any of the current 6.x versions. The new 7.0.0 beta improved on the 5.7.3 (and6.x) in many ways. Here is part of what I wrote:

"In the deep bass, however, 5.7.3 on D-Premier is better than 7.0.0. Bass drum kick is more dynamic with better definition - and bass string tone, whether acoustic or electric, is better presented. There is also a little more weight to the deep bass from 5.7.3. In 7.0.0 kick drum and bass tends to sound a bit lumped together making it harder to hear bass drum and string tone separated. As midrange and treble is so exceptional in 7.0.0 this lack of detail, definition and weight in the bass range is a problem I think."

I believe 7.1.3 beta addresses the issues I reported to Devialet a year ago. Bass definition is back and improved. 7.1.3 at first seems to have less deep bass energy, but this is because it is better defined and more transparent. In addition 7.1.3 beta has fabulous detail presentation in the midrange and highs without becoming bright or cold sounding. In my system 7.1.3 actually has a trace darker tonal balance than 7.1.1. Very good Devialet!

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Vivialet - 04-May-2015

Hi ogs,
that is exactly what I also hear. 7.1.3 is definitely a big improvement for me, it is the best sound I ever had from my Devialets. I hope that this improvement also makes it into the final release.

New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - amabrok - 04-May-2015

Happy for all of you guys who are experiencing improvement.

It is not working well for me though! Or to be even more specific, I don't think my Montis like 7.1.3

I feel bass is a little bit smeared (losing details, tightness and speed). Which is kind of odd considering that the Montis bass module is powered and has it own internal DSP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Pim - 04-May-2015

With many of us reporting that the temperature has come down I wonder if Devialet is planning another power increase for us. Hmm...

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - ogs - 04-May-2015

(04-May-2015, 09:47)Vivialet Wrote: Hi ogs,
that is exactly what I also hear. 7.1.3 is definitely a big improvement for me, it is the best sound I ever had from my Devialets. I hope that this improvement also makes it into the final release.

Thanks for confirming Vivialet. The 5.7.3 I refer to was actually 5.7.2beta from December 2012. This was released unchanged (as far as I could tell) as 5.7.3 in May 2013. So I think you can count on the improvements getting in to the next release.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Rufus McDufus - 04-May-2015

Temperature is about the same for me. I find the bass seems a bit leaner too but it does seem to be as a result of greater detail. It was a little overpowering with my Raidhos so I'm not complaining. The perceived added detail could (partly) be as a result of a slight increase in brightness so I can understand if people were already close to the 'harsh limit' that this could tip it over the edge. My high frequency hearing is not too good so any added brightness is fairly welcome for me.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Vivialet - 04-May-2015

for me 7.1.3 is less harsh than 7.1.1, indeed it has lost all harshness that it sometime still had before. There is clearly more precision all over the frequency range. This may sound leaner but also with more impact and realism.