Devialet Chat
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released (/Thread-New-beta-firmware-7-1-3-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Antoine - 04-May-2015

Softer as in less tight bass and sharper highs could easily be the signature of increased jitter. I find it very annoying Devialet keep their mouths shut about the changes made in this firmware and that they release it when 8.0 is going to be released soon.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - moreno1973 - 04-May-2015

(04-May-2015, 14:51)GuillaumeB Wrote: Overall I still think that 7.1.3 is the most musical I have heard from my Devialet. 

Yes it is! I am listening my 200 with this firmware and with every new day I am more and more Happy. Highs are just fantastic. Big positive change in lower mids and much more natural vocals. In fact I think  vocals are now a Reference Level in price range up to 20 000 euro. 

With this musical firmware Devialet will win a lot of new owners. 

I am very, very satisfied. I was thinking of upgrading to 400 to get improvement or buy 250 to get this refined sound of 250 I Heard with some loudspeakers. 

Now I just don't feel any Need of upgrade.

Just listening Best Audiophile Oldies XRCD disc... What a great joy...

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Mikeeo - 04-May-2015

(04-May-2015, 10:01)Pim van Vliet Wrote: With many of us reporting that the temperature has come down I wonder if Devialet is planning another power increase for us. Hmm...

Interesting, my temperatures are the same give and take 1 or 2 degrees.

/Mike

(04-May-2015, 14:51)GuillaumeB Wrote: I am noticing that SAM has a lesser effect on my Sasha 2s with this new beta. Or rather toggling between the two the difference seems less pronounced. Could it be that the bass now has a little less weight, with both SAM on and off? I'm not sure. On some material I notice that there is more tonal texture in the lower registers (i.e. more information), but on other material (primarily electronic) the bass seems less defined, softer even? But even then it seems to vary from recording to recording. I am beginning to see why we might be getting different interpretations. I think the bass has changed.

Overall I still think that 7.1.3 is the most musical I have heard from my Devialet. 

It will be interesting to see if this is in fact part (or all!) of the new 8.0 release. 

Oh - I'm using an AES/EBU input from an external streamer.

Guillaume
G, this is very interesting as to me my Raidho X1 got both more defined and added depth in the bass. Could it be that your speakers passed their best 'bottom' frequency?
I do agree that there is less SQ diff between non-SAM and SAM than before even if SAM wins every time I compare.

I also agree that this is the most musical version as my system improved over the whole freq spect and as I said elsewhere I feel there is less brake on the music ie more natural flow without dynamic delay!

I also use AES/EBU from external streamer. I do not use AIR and never did.
I consider AES/EBU input as mandatory to get the best SQ from Dev.

/Mike

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Hifi_swlon - 04-May-2015

(04-May-2015, 19:11)Mikeeo Wrote: I also use AES/EBU from external streamer. I do not use AIR and never did.

/Mike

Interesting. That I didn't know. Not that I have anything with AES/EBU I could try, but worth knowing for any future source upgrades. Air certainly isn't working for me anyway - too annoying to have to keep killing it all the time and constantly wondering whether little crackles are in the music or the onset of Air issues...

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - octaviars - 04-May-2015

(04-May-2015, 19:11)Mikeeo Wrote:
(04-May-2015, 14:51)GuillaumeB Wrote: I am noticing that SAM has a lesser effect on my Sasha 2s with this new beta. Or rather toggling between the two the difference seems less pronounced. Could it be that the bass now has a little less weight, with both SAM on and off? I'm not sure. On some material I notice that there is more tonal texture in the lower registers (i.e. more information), but on other material (primarily electronic) the bass seems less defined, softer even? But even then it seems to vary from recording to recording. I am beginning to see why we might be getting different interpretations. I think the bass has changed.

Overall I still think that 7.1.3 is the most musical I have heard from my Devialet. 

It will be interesting to see if this is in fact part (or all!) of the new 8.0 release. 

Oh - I'm using an AES/EBU input from an external streamer.

Guillaume
G, this is very interesting as to me my Raidho X1 got both more defined and added depth in the bass. Could it be that your speakers passed their best 'bottom' frequency?
I do agree that there is less SQ diff between non-SAM and SAM than before even if SAM wins every time I compare.

I also agree that this is the most musical version as my system improved over the whole freq spect and as I said elsewhere I feel there is less brake on the music ie more natural flow without dynamic delay!

I also use AES/EBU from external streamer. I do not use AIR and never did.

/Mike

What streamer are you using?

/Fredrik

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - blair.athol - 04-May-2015

(04-May-2015, 00:16)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Jon Hopkins & KC - great album...

Is crackling noise only once in a few hours an improvementI'm sooo disappointed in this. The combination of Air issues and chattering power supply noise has made me have real doubts about my Devialet purchase. The allure of the shiny slab is fading for very quickly for me unfortunately - if it doesn't work properly I dont see myself keeping it long term. And if I don't get a few days without experiencing any crackling or dropouts it's going to be a far shorter affair than planned I'm sorry to say.

For me, this is the best improvement in sound ever. The crackles appeared only once and only on a highres file with 192khz and on WiFi! Actually, it is my understanding that WiFi is open for many potential interferences and taking this into account, I am really satisfied. Beside that, I am not sure if I can really hear a huge difference between 192khz and 92khz as both are far better on the D than anything else... Tonight I am listening via Air Ethernet for hours without disturbances.
Did you check your power supply chain?

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Yippedidou - 04-May-2015

I'm using 7.1.3 for almost a week now. I use an Aurender X100L as my source. So its USB. All tracks ripped with dBpoweramp in AIFF. The speakers, Dynaudio C1 Sigs, are well runned in with about 1200 hours on them, same for the cables. From the 1st listen with 7.1.3, I had the impression that the bass dynamics and definition was better than before. That was my 1st comment on this thread some days ago. I don't really notice there is less bass but do agree it depends on the music you're playing ( or on the material /quality of recording). I also tought I was more driven into the music - better soundstage maybe, I'm just not really sure, my audio memory is veeeery short!

Yesterday, I had a long 5 hours listening session. At the end of it, I played Mark Lanegan "Has God seen my Shadow - Part 1", a record I know very very well. The voice of Lanegan can go deep and the music is all subtilities with guitar licks, deep bass background, etc. Etc. To me, this was a very very good and satisfying session sound wise and I said to myself that I tought I've never heard this record played so good on my system. ( I'm coming from a 845 tube background so the sound is very different with Devialet... And up to yesterday, I tought the tubes were better ). I pretty much had the same toughts throughout the whole session. The music was simply fantastic. So, I really don't know what did happen with 7.1.3. But something has changed from the previous version where at the end, I tought the sound was becoming a little bit dull. My perception since the firmware update is that the sound is now better balanced, I hear better bass, more definition, better dynamics and somewhat a better involment in the music.

Also, I played the whole day at -23db. I like it loud and before, with 7.1.1, i usually was around -12/-13 with AIFF rips ( louder with HiRes which is normal). Never over -20db. Yesterday, the temperature stayed at a steady 43 the whole day as before ( I check it every day and sometimes 2-3 times a day ) I was more around 48 and going into 52-53 ). I know playing louder or playing HiRes has an effect on temperature.

That has been my experience. YMMV ( Your mileage may vary )!!! And it is perfectly correct if so...

(04-May-2015, 20:10)octaviars Wrote: What streamer are you using?

/Fredrik

Naim Unitiserve!

Vinyl is my no. 1 pleasure source, beats the Unitiserve for SQ. Streamer is for lazy listening even if it is getting better with those 'good' 24 bit  versions.

/Mike

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - octaviars - 05-May-2015

(04-May-2015, 22:56)Mikeeo Wrote:
(04-May-2015, 20:10)octaviars Wrote: What streamer are you using?

/Fredrik

Naim Unitiserve!

Vinyl is my no. 1 pleasure source, beats the Unitiserve for SQ. Streamer is for lazy listening even if it is getting better with those 'good' 24 bit  versions.

/Mike

I ordered a Auralic Aries, planning to connect it to the aes input on my 200.

I see that you live in Sweden, do you know Olle at Ljudupplevelser?

/Fredrik