Devialet Chat
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released (/Thread-New-beta-firmware-7-1-3-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Mikeeo - 05-May-2015

(05-May-2015, 06:28)octaviars Wrote:
(04-May-2015, 22:56)Mikeeo Wrote:
(04-May-2015, 20:10)octaviars Wrote: What streamer are you using?

/Fredrik

Naim Unitiserve!

Vinyl is my no. 1 pleasure source, beats the Unitiserve for SQ. Streamer is for lazy listening even if it is getting better with those 'good' 24 bit  versions.

/Mike

I ordered a Auralic Aries, planning to connect it to the aes input on my 200.

I see that you live in Sweden, do you know Olle at Ljudupplevelser?

/Fredrik 
Absolutely use the AES input! 
Yes Olle is my main and only dealer. For a fact I consider him as the only real dealer in Sweden.

/Mike

New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - ledesc - 05-May-2015

Very interesting.
I would like to know what is the most affordable device to experience the AES input SQ, I will ask on another post Wink

New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - amabrok - 05-May-2015

(05-May-2015, 09:59)ledesc Wrote: Very interesting.
I would like to know what is the most affordable device to experience the AES input SQ, I will ask on another post Wink

Try Auralic Aeris network bridge or Bel Canto CDt3 CD transport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - flyer - 05-May-2015

I used
Allan taylor-A House by the River
Arne Domnerus-Traumerei
Bob Marley-One Love-People Get Ready
Chase & Status-Time
Daft Punk-Get Lucky
Dave Weckl Band-Cultural Concurrence (Live)
Dead Can Dance-Amnesia
David Hazeltine Trio-Somewhere
Jennifer Warnes-Bird On A Wire
amongst others (std res and high res).

My system consists of D120,ATC–SCM40(V1),Pioneer N-50A.My speakers are notoriously insensitive but produce very accurate and well defined sound.
I tried to use different kind of songs so here is my experience with 7.1.3 firmware:
First of all where has the bass gone?
Then I try to be calm...
A bit more detail in midrange but harsher in treble.
Returned to 7.1.1 and wish the guys at Devialet to improve it before it gets final.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - xlrxlr - 05-May-2015

I agree. With 7.1.1 everything seems to fall in place.

Devialet 400, Gauder Cassiano D, Cardas Golden Reference, Audioquest Cinnamon Ethernet cable, Kimber Orchid AES/EBU with Neutric adapter.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - ogs - 05-May-2015

(04-May-2015, 14:51)GuillaumeB Wrote: I am noticing that SAM has a lesser effect on my Sasha 2s with this new beta. Or rather toggling between the two the difference seems less pronounced. Could it be that the bass now has a little less weight, with both SAM on and off? I'm not sure. On some material I notice that there is more tonal texture in the lower registers (i.e. more information), but on other material (primarily electronic) the bass seems less defined, softer even? But even then it seems to vary from recording to recording. I am beginning to see why we might be getting different interpretations. I think the bass has changed.

Overall I still think that 7.1.3 is the most musical I have heard from my Devialet. 

It will be interesting to see if this is in fact part (or all!) of the new 8.0 release. 

Oh - I'm using an AES/EBU input from an external streamer.

Guillaume

I've tried the other two streamers I have, a SB Touch and MPD with upmpd. My setup is 250 set at 180w output, USB input with the UpTone Regen, JRiver DLNA server or LMS with the Touch. I can understand why some users find 7.1.3 harsh in the treble and a bit lean. There is a lot of dynamic energy with 7.1.3. Maybe more treble too. But in my system all this translates to a more musical presentation. I do not hear harsh treble, just a lot of detail. When I use Jplay/Jplaystreamer it sounds even better. It is very musical.

My speakers do not approach the Sasha 2 quality in the bass and my room has a nasty 48Hz resonance (with DLNA I tame this with the parametric EQ in JRiver) so I can not be certain about this, but I agree with Guillaume that SAM is less pronounced than with 7.1.1. There may also be less bottom end weight in general, but on some albums there is just as much bass as before!

Maybe the Regen is the difference here? I have not tried without it. There can also be differences between inputs as others have suggested. I wish I could try a Totaldac reclocker on AES/EBU. I can connect the Touch SPDIF to the AES/EBU input via a Neutrik 75/110 converter. This works very well, but the Touch is not good enough to be a reference for a comparison like this.
We will just have to wait for 8.0 to find out what Devialet wants us to hear..

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Vivialet - 05-May-2015

so lets assume we all are experienced listeners. What could cause our different results ?
I use an 800 via AIR / Wifi and SAM and I clearly prefer 7.1.3. Maybe we can find what those have in common who like or dislike the new version. For me it is exacly the opposite of what flyer and xlrxlr wrote...
Or maybe a new power supply programming is causing some speakers to sound better and others not.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Rufus McDufus - 05-May-2015

When I first got SAM for my speakers I felt there was a bit of a disconnect between bass and mid/treble. The Raidho drivers integrate quite seamlessly and one thing I felt was it broke this a little bit with the bass being a bit overpowering. With 7.1.3 it seems more seamless again and I much prefer it.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Stigmater - 05-May-2015

Finally got time to flash 7.1.3 as well,
First thing that I noticed is hash treble and it's enough for me to revert back to 7.1.1
The bass maybe a little better with 7.1.3

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - ogs - 05-May-2015

(05-May-2015, 20:55)Stigmater Wrote: Finally got time to flash 7.1.3 as well,
First thing that I noticed is hash treble and it's enough for me to revert back to 7.1.1
The bass maybe a little better with 7.1.3

This worries me. X100L is USB? I understand that the YG Carmel is very transparent so your observation on the harsh treble is quite relevant. I'll remove the Regen from the USB input and have a listen.