Devialet Chat
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released (/Thread-New-beta-firmware-7-1-3-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Vincent - 31-May-2015

Started using 7.1.3 on my D200 a few days ago after experiencing issues with 8.0 (see 8.0 thread for details) I'd say 7.1.3 is the best release I've heard through my system (SAM enabled, B&W CM10 S2's)

However, after a longish (3 hours or so) and loud (up to -10.0) listening session I was disturbed by a slight electrical burning smell - the amp was running really hot (high 50's). Devialet say they're happy with temperatures into the 60's, but with the smell I wasn't, and shut everything down/pulled the power overnight.

I'm now monitoring the temperature more closely in case I need to raise it with Devialet - anyone else finding 7.1.3 runs hot? Most of the comments I've seen say the opposite, and things run cooler.

Heat aside it's sounding fantastic!

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - windler - 31-May-2015

I had the same experience. .the smell was bad.." electronic burning".
I disconnected the power .
Then I run again the firmware installation and the problem disappeared.
Now even that everything work ok I am asking my self what was the damage to my 400 .
I Can recommend you to reinstall the v8 firnware only.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Vincent - 31-May-2015

Thanks for the advice Windler - I'll give 8.0 another try, hopefully no damage to either of our amps.....
(31-May-2015, 20:04)windler Wrote: I had the same experience. .the smell was bad.." electronic burning".
I disconnected the power .
Then I run again the firmware installation and the problem  disappeared.
Now even that everything work ok I am asking my self what was the damage to my 400 .
I Can recommend you to reinstall the firnware again to v8 only.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - JMRC - 01-Jun-2015

Hello.
I downloaded the 7.1.3 beta FW yesterday and "upgraded" from de SW 7.1.0, which I was very happy with for the last year or so (Sonus Faber Stradivari + SAM).
I enjoyed the wider Sound Stage and a clearer and more articulated bass, but did not like at all the much more high frequency emphasis (via line input), that was quite harsher (digital glare) and unfriendly analytical...

Unfortunately, I will go back to 7.1.0.

JMRC

PS Audio PP- Devialet 250 - Sonus Faber Stradivari + SAM - Tellurium Black diamond Speaker Cables - Audionet CD (ART G3) - Michell Orbe (SME V, Koetsu Red Signature) - MacBookPro on Yosemite - Audirvana - Airport Extreme & Express

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - PhilP - 01-Jun-2015

(01-Jun-2015, 10:11)JMRC Wrote: Hello.
I downloaded the 7.1.3 beta FW yesterday and "upgraded" from de SW 7.1.0, which I was very happy with for the last year or so (Sonus Faber Stradivari + SAM).
I enjoyed the wider Sound Stage and a clearer and more articulated bass, but did not like at all the much more high frequency emphasis (via line input), that was quite harsher (digital glare) and unfriendly analytical...

Unfortunately, I will go back to  7.1.0.

JMRC

Yes, there's lots to like about the sound of 7.1.3 but it can sound a little harsh (as does 8.0 which I've abandoned for now).  In my system iTunes or Qobuz/AIR has an 'edge' thats a little too harsh on some recordings for my taste when using 7.1.3.  Using my Naim NDX (coax) the harshness is much reduced and using that source I do prefer 7.1.3 to 7.1.1.

The Devialet is very transparent so perhaps the harshness is caused by the 'brighter' sound of 7.1.3/8.0 accentuating issues with the source?

EDIT: @JMRC - I just saw your system profile on another post and I wouldn't expect there to be any issues with your source components (unlike my iMac/iTunes/AIR wi-fi Wink )

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Confused - 01-Jun-2015

I have managed to extract a few nuggets of information from Devialet regarding 7.1.3., as follows:

"Firmware 7.1.3 is actually the last release of Firmware 7. Meaning that this is the most stable version of our firmwares.
Firmware 8 is newer than the 7 and it includes many improvements compared to firmware 7 (ICM, DPM, phono menu). It does however need some corrections, that will consequently appear in firmware 8.1"

"Actually the 7.1.1 compared to the 7.1.3 is very different; Because the 7.1.3 brought many ameliorations to the 7.1.1.
So it is not surprising that the sound is better on the 7.1.3, simply because it corrects and improve the general version 7 of the firmware.
Of course in the future, we hope to do the same with firmware 8."

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - PhilP - 01-Jun-2015

Well that's an encouraging response from Devialet on two counts: firstly they acknowledge the differences in sound between 7.1.1 and 7.1.3 that many of us have reported; and secondly they accept that there are issues with 8.0 which will be addressed. Hurray ?

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - GuillaumeB - 01-Jun-2015

(01-Jun-2015, 13:14)PhilP Wrote: Well that's an encouraging response from Devialet on two counts: firstly they acknowledge the differences in sound between 7.1.1 and 7.1.3 that many of us have reported; and secondly they accept that there are issues with 8.0 which will be addressed. Hurray ?

Couldn't agree with you more on both counts PhilP!  Smile

Guillaume

New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - amabrok - 01-Jun-2015

(01-Jun-2015, 12:52)Confused Wrote: I have managed to extract a few nuggets of information from Devialet regarding 7.1.3., as follows:

"Firmware 7.1.3 is actually the last release of Firmware 7. Meaning that this is the most stable version of our firmwares.
Firmware 8 is newer than the 7 and it includes many improvements compared to firmware 7 (ICM, DPM, phono menu). It does however need some corrections, that will consequently appear in firmware 8.1"

"Actually the 7.1.1 compared to the 7.1.3 is very different; Because the 7.1.3 brought many ameliorations to the 7.1.1.
So it is not surprising that the sound is better on the 7.1.3, simply because it corrects and improve the general version 7 of the firmware.

It is good to see that the improved sound quality I experienced with 7.1.3 was not an illusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - ogs - 01-Jun-2015

(01-Jun-2015, 12:52)Confused Wrote: I have managed to extract a few nuggets of information from Devialet regarding 7.1.3., as follows:

Thank you for this Confused! It is reassuring to know that what we hear from 7.1.3 is the direction Devialet is working with. In my system 7.1.3 is by far the best I have heard. To some extent I can agree that a few recordings have a bit 'too much' in the low to mid treble. For me, the UpTone Regen device fixes most of these problems.