Devialet Chat
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released (/Thread-New-beta-firmware-7-1-3-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Foggy916 - 30-Apr-2015

7.1.3 sounds really good to me but honestly, I've done so many recent changes with my Mac Mini (itunes USB vs Air Ethernet vs Amarra with USB vs Amarra with Air Ethernet vs Audirvana with USB vs Audirvana with Air Ethernet) that it's really hard to pinpoint the exact changes in the sound. I'll just say that it sounds great, especially with Audirvana. Also resolved my earlier issue of Master and Companion not synching the info screens.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Dr Tone - 30-Apr-2015

(30-Apr-2015, 15:56)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Just for fun, so far we have:

- more dynamic
- more transparent
- more detail
- much better - music is back and temp is lower
- maybe some improvement in dynamics
- maybe depth is shortened
- more "naturalness" or "realism"
- pretty much the same
- MUSICALITY is better
- more musical details
- Midrange is more liquid.
- Timbres are better.
- more dynamic
- details sounded louder and slightly bodied
- probably got some attempted fix for the air issue.
- update is to allow the 120/200/250 to be controlled by Spark/Dialogue
- seems to boot up faster.
- much more musicality.
- Details are crisper overall but there's a little more weight to the music - feels palpable
- better low level detail
- lower midrange has more weight thus offering more musicality
- more airy, more vertical sound (like surround)
- a bit more forward sounding.
- Mids are clearer/sharper and bass is firmer
- More analogue.
- positioning of musicians in the soundstage has changed
- a little smoother and more musical
- metallic edge mellowed a little.
- crisper
- more refined

;-)

I wonder if they'll ever say.  Who knows, the release version may be different to the beta?

This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time.  Either 7.1.3 has a new SAM engine or it clearly proves people hear what they want to hear even when it doesn't involve $1000 cables. 

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - GuillaumeB - 30-Apr-2015

(30-Apr-2015, 19:37)Dr Tone Wrote:
(30-Apr-2015, 15:56)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Just for fun, so far we have:

- more dynamic
- more transparent
- more detail
- much better - music is back and temp is lower
- maybe some improvement in dynamics
- maybe depth is shortened
- more "naturalness" or "realism"
- pretty much the same
- MUSICALITY is better
- more musical details
- Midrange is more liquid.
- Timbres are better.
- more dynamic
- details sounded louder and slightly bodied
- probably got some attempted fix for the air issue.
- update is to allow the 120/200/250 to be controlled by Spark/Dialogue
- seems to boot up faster.
- much more musicality.
- Details are crisper overall but there's a little more weight to the music - feels palpable
- better low level detail
- lower midrange has more weight thus offering more musicality
- more airy, more vertical sound (like surround)
- a bit more forward sounding.
- Mids are clearer/sharper and bass is firmer
- More analogue.
- positioning of musicians in the soundstage has changed
- a little smoother and more musical
- metallic edge mellowed a little.
- crisper
- more refined

;-)

I wonder if they'll ever say.  Who knows, the release version may be different to the beta?

This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time.  Either 7.1.3 has a new SAM engine or it clearly proves people hear what they want to hear even when it doesn't involve $1000 cables. 

Yes especially as I said most of those things!  Tongue Big Grin

Guillaume

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - iamwappie - 30-Apr-2015

Just upgraded. Maybe a wider soundstage and certainly a difference in voice. Don't know yet if I consider this an improvement. More a tube like change. Call it more 'musical' but I'm not a tube guy. Will experiment some more...

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - ZincAlloy - 30-Apr-2015

Massively frustrated! Can't wait to hear this, but Devialet 200 currently back at base. Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Ants - 30-Apr-2015

(30-Apr-2015, 18:12)amabrok Wrote:
(30-Apr-2015, 17:30)Ants Wrote: Just installed and giving it a try. Will spend some time listening before passing judgement on what I think I may be hearing but I am encountering one glitch with the Lumin app on the iPad. The time ring to the right of the controls is now dimmed and no longer indicating remaining track length and the app is a little more sluggish. It was working pretty well before the 7.1.3 update.

Note: I do not have a Lumin streamer, I am using an iPad app to control a Moon Mind streamer and running Minimserver and BubbleUPnP Server on my NAS. Perhaps its unrelated but it does seem odd that this feature would disappear after a firmware update.

I'm not sure how would Devialet firmware affect the performance of Lumin app.

I mean, the app runs on ur iPad to control your Moon Mind to stream music from ur Minimserver . So how can Devialet interfere here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem solved !! The streamer just needed to be power cycled. Now I know that if I unplug/plug the Devialet for a firmware update, I should also power down/up the streamer.

Now I can finally relax and evaluate the new and improved sound !!!

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - moreno1973 - 30-Apr-2015

(30-Apr-2015, 11:34)moreno1973 Wrote:
(30-Apr-2015, 08:10)dteam702 Wrote:
(30-Apr-2015, 07:45)adhesiv Wrote: I just loaded up 7.1.3 and agree with others...much more musicality.

Crazy what a software update can accomplish.

Details are crisper overall but there's a little more weight to the music now that makes it feel palpable in some passages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree, also notice better low level detail with this Beta(could just be my mind is playing tricks on me)..

Happy to read both opinions...in my opinion lower midrange has more weight thus offering more musicality...

BTW. It is nice to know that Not only my credibility is in dangerSmile

(30-Apr-2015, 18:43)GuillaumeB Wrote: This is the best I've ever heard my Devialets sound. 

Playing the Bucky Pizarelli Trio, so basically 3 jazz guitarists... all midrange and highs. It's a 24/192 FLAC and it's a massively detailed recording.

The sounds are coming from quite different directions, like further into the room with the speakers disappearing more. The imaging has really improved and any trace of edginess is gone, it's so natural sounding! This is superb.  Smile 

Guillaume 

I am really Happy to read Your opinion. I was probably first person in this thread to write about sound changes after 7.1.3 beta installled. I risked my reputation but I never hesitate to say Truth when I Can hear a change. 
After two days I can say that this is the best sound of my 200 in my room so far. And it is nice to know that You also have the best sound...and that Devialet after All this buzz about Phantom did sth for owners of Expert Line 
For me this beta and sound after upgrade helps me to think ok about our future with our toysWink

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Rufus McDufus - 30-Apr-2015

Congratulations for those who spotted the new firmware on Devialet's site! I was a little nervous about trying it, thinking perhaps they'd released it by mistake but then they must know that someone would spot it sooner or later. I wonder if this could spoil their big surprise for the Munich show?

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Confused - 30-Apr-2015

I agree with Rufus' sentiments above. Also, reading through Hifi swlon's rather splendid list, there is actually a very high level of commonality between the nature of the comments and descriptions, if this is nothing but expectation bias or herd mentality, then it would be a pretty extraordinary outcome.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Kunter - 30-Apr-2015

The biggest change I hear is with lower mids being more pronounced and clear, and the soundstage is more defined. I also agree on "more dynamic" and "increased musicality". Some more definition on bass as well...

For the last month or so I am using one of my D250's as DAC/PRE only, driving a Gryphon Antileon Signature. So my comments are not for the amp section... Which I plan on testing during the next weekend.

Overall I quite like what I hear... It reminds me the good old days when I had my first D-Premier, with Air not supporting high res, and the sound was glorious...

Kudos Devialet...