Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Eddye - 14-May-2015

I just logged a support ticket. I recommend everyone with problems do the same.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rufus McDufus - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 10:06)canyelles Wrote: I have a feeling it has always done that.

It might be because I'm editing the config on Windows/Firefox, whereas I usually do it on Mac/Safari. Possibly something in the javascript or whatever they use? Or as you say, it's probably always done that!

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Vivialet - 14-May-2015

so what remains from 8.0 so far ? I don't have a turntable, ICM is not doing good things for me, SAM is not working anymore and without SAM I cannot comment about the sound quality in general.
What I do also not understand: I think this is the biggest Devialet Forum in the world, at least in english language. Why does not someone from Devialet tell us about the problem and when it will be fixed ? It seems not to be related to a rare configuration issue as we all experience the same problem.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rufus McDufus - 14-May-2015

Download filename is fixed - now called '8.0.0.zip'.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - IGuardianI - 14-May-2015

Well that was fast, hope they'll fix the right channel with SAM on soon as well!

RE: Firmware 8.0 - GuillaumeB - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 10:22)clive.grace Wrote: staying put for now. I've been bitten on the ass before by these sorts of 0day problems. Or in this case -1day problems...

Very wise I'm doing exactly the same.  Smile

Guillaume

RE: Firmware 8.0 - iamwappie - 14-May-2015

I guess that since there is no test and acceptance part in the software development life cycle at Devialet this could mean a fix could be quickly available as it saves time not having those :/

RE: Firmware 8.0 - f1eng - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 08:40)Eddye Wrote: And why isn't the IOS/Andriod app not updated? The number of option are simply to many to program under 2 buttons of the remote!

I would imagine with the large number of complaints about Air, the configurator not working with dual mono plus all the Spark bugs and Phantom crashes such a relatively trivial item will take a long time to get to the top of the software engineers' priority list...
People may want more features but firstly it works at the moment and secondly trying to satisfy huge numbers of requests for increased versatility in Air has resulted in a much less stable bit of software...
Once bitten twice shy, I hope.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - iamwappie - 14-May-2015

Why doesn't the middle button have a second level option via long press alike the source and tone buttons. That would already help.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Sylvain27 - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 10:09)Eddye Wrote: I just logged a support ticket. I recommend everyone with problems do the same.

Good idea, I did the same.