Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Eddye - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 10:33)f1eng Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 08:40)Eddye Wrote: And why isn't the IOS/Andriod app not updated? The number of option are simply to many to program under 2 buttons of the remote!

I would imagine with the large number of complaints about Air, the configurator not working with dual mono plus all the Spark bugs and Phantom crashes such a relatively trivial item will take a long time to get to the top of the software engineers' priority list...
People may want more features but firstly it works at the moment and secondly trying to satisfy huge numbers of requests for increased versatility in Air has resulted in a much less stable bit of software...
Once bitten twice shy, I hope.

True, however adding more and more features which can only be used by pressing buttons, while it's impossible to physically add buttons to the remote, doesn't help. A possible solution is updating the app, which would allow users to access all the new features, in stead of only 2.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Jnan_devi - 14-May-2015

Correct. Its easy to update the app.

For now either I can assign SAM ON/OFF or ICM or RAM. there is limitations. Only way to grow by "Stephen Hawkins - is Space" in our case App.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - f1eng - 14-May-2015

Isn't the internet a pita?
The OP in this thread was a page for dealers, not the general public...

(14-May-2015, 10:52)f1eng Wrote: Isn't the internet a pita?
The OP in this thread was a page for dealers, not the general public...

Yep, and now it's the 14th, so bug hunting has begun (again)... Deja-vu...

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rufus McDufus - 14-May-2015

The original link looked a lot like a mass-mailing to distributors/retailers. Whoever leaked it may well have done Devialet something of a favour in getting some of the bugs reported a little earlier.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Jnan_devi - 14-May-2015

Smile Smile Deja-vu - i can guess what happens to me on the next round of firmware update. For me this is first time upgrade.

some one mentioned who is the guinea pig - but looks like all on Expert Line are Devialet's GP's Smile. upgrade, find bug, report to the help-line.

Devialet - Very Nice Smile.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - f1eng - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 10:10)Vivialet Wrote: so what remains from 8.0 so far ? I don't have a turntable, ICM is not doing good things for me, SAM is not working anymore and without SAM I cannot comment about the sound quality in general.
What I do also not understand: I think this is the biggest Devialet Forum in the world, at least in english language. Why does not someone from Devialet tell us about the problem and when it will be fixed ? It seems not to be related to a rare configuration issue as we all experience the same problem.

I would imagine they do their utmost to avoid reading this list!
Loads of wingeing: they don't need the pressure Smile

As an engineer, having non-understanding, non-technical savvy people pressing for information about a problem you have only just found, and have yet absolutely no idea how big it is is about as useful as rubbing chilli in the eyes.

Expecting anybody busy to waste valuable time posting information to an internet forum is just delaying the fix.

Old people like me wait patiently for it all to be resolved and in the mean-time listen to music on the amp which still is at least as capable as the one I bought years ago.

I didn't get any updates on my Musical Fidelity, Krell, Spectral or Goldmund amps and I found it quite satisfactory.
I was completely satisfied by my D-Premiers and Air V1.
All this panic and wingeing is probably one of the main the reasons for the errors in the first place!

Who's panicking? It's not as if the amp is bricked after the update. It's just a matter of turning SAM off. That being said, SAM not working correctly is a pretty big screw-up.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rufus McDufus - 14-May-2015

The sound not coming out of one speaker (or both) is a reasonably large problem with a hi-fi system.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - NickB - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 11:01)f1eng Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 10:10)Vivialet Wrote: so what remains from 8.0 so far ? I don't have a turntable, ICM is not doing good things for me, SAM is not working anymore and without SAM I cannot comment about the sound quality in general.
What I do also not understand: I think this is the biggest Devialet Forum in the world, at least in english language. Why does not someone from Devialet tell us about the problem and when it will be fixed ? It seems not to be related to a rare configuration issue as we all experience the same problem.

I would imagine they do their utmost to avoid reading this list!
Loads of wingeing: they don't need the pressure Smile

As an engineer, having non-understanding, non-technical savvy people pressing for information about a problem you have only just found, and have yet absolutely no idea how big it is is about as useful as rubbing chilli in the eyes.

Expecting anybody busy to waste valuable time posting information to an internet forum is just delaying the fix.

Old people like me wait patiently for it all to be resolved and in the mean-time listen to music on the amp which still is at least as capable as the one I bought years ago.

I didn't get any updates on my Musical Fidelity, Krell, Spectral or Goldmund amps and I found it quite satisfactory.
I was completely satisfied by my D-Premiers and Air V1.
All this panic and wingeing is probably one of the main the reasons for the errors in the first place!

+1000 - I really cannot understand the NOW NOW NOW or better would be yesterday mentality on this forum. I thought that other forum's were bad but this place surpasses all of them - Its an amplifier for f*** sake its not your dialysis machine - you really will live through this !!!!

Do you think its a result of the apple new iPhone/iPad release mentality ?