Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rufus McDufus - 14-May-2015

The fact is this software has been released. It's not beta. It's generally available, and to great fanfare. We all know Devialet have issues with QA but they really need to improve their processes.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Eddye - 14-May-2015

NOW NOW NOW mentality??? Devialet released the firmware today of their own free will, nobody forced them. The fact it doesn't work correctly is an error on their side and should be fixed. Or better yet, it would have been better if they postponed releasing the new version until it worked.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Vivialet - 14-May-2015

has someone already tested if the new configurator is working with the old firmware ?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Womaz - 14-May-2015

I have a question. Do Devialet let us know when new software is available? I have had no emails from them about 8.0. I only know it is out there due to these forums.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rufus McDufus - 14-May-2015

They have tweeted it, plus I believe a press conference was held a couple of hours ago from Munich. That's mentioned on their Facebook page.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - NickB - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 11:28)Womaz Wrote: I have a question. Do Devialet let us know when new software is available? I have had no emails from them about 8.0. I only know it is out there due to these forums.

Maybe when they do it will work properly Tongue

RE: Firmware 8.0 - NickB - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 11:19)Eddye Wrote: NOW NOW NOW mentality??? Devialet released the firmware today of their own free will, nobody forced them. The fact it doesn't work correctly is an error on their side and should be fixed. Or better yet, it would have been better if they postponed releasing the new version until it worked.

(14-May-2015, 11:28)Womaz Wrote: I have a question. Do Devialet let us know when new software is available? I have had no emails from them about 8.0. I only know it is out there due to these forums.

Don't think the O/P's link was a general release link.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Womaz - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 11:33)Rufus McDufus Wrote: They have tweeted it, plus I believe a press conference was held a couple of hours ago from Munich. That's mentioned on their Facebook page.

Thanks for the reply. So i guess they dont email us when an update is available. Seems odd to me Smile

I will just stick with old version until it is more widely used.

Yes, it's on the site. Not everyone subscribes to email newsletters, so don't know about that.

(14-May-2015, 11:35)NickB Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 11:19)Eddye Wrote: NOW NOW NOW mentality??? Devialet released the firmware today of their own free will, nobody forced them. The fact it doesn't work correctly is an error on their side and should be fixed. Or better yet, it would have been better if they postponed releasing the new version until it worked.

Don't think the O/P's link was a general release link.

Again, it's on their site.