Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - f1eng - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 12:31)warpeon Wrote: Question: can 8.0 be downgraded to 7.1.3? Seems like 7.1.3 is a working version.  

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any older firmware can be used. 5.7.3 is the earliest I have seen on the web site, but that may be D-Premier only.
There are those who think 5.7.3 is the best so far...

RE: Firmware 8.0 - jjo - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 15:02)iamwappie Wrote: Remove the 8.0.0 firmware and/or put a statement on there that currently there is an issue with SAM.

No...
If something, then put a warning on the page saying that there may be problems with some device combinations and SAM. No reason to remove it from say people like me that can't use SAM but are really glad about RAM.

(14-May-2015, 15:03)moreno1973 Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 14:38)jjo Wrote: FW8.0.0 seems louder, way louder. I wonder if they adjusted the volume control or something.

8.0 is louder comparing to which firmware? 7.1.1 or 7.1.3?
Louder than 7.1.1.. I didn't go beta.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Eddye - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 15:19)PAC Wrote: Devialet twitter says it was a configurator issue, which has been fixed now.

Good news, thanks for sharing!

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Eddye - 14-May-2015

SAM is working for me. Built a new config from scratch and it works.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Sylvain27 - 14-May-2015

SAM BUG CORRECTED Smile
Now if you use the configurator, the config file is slightly bigger. (31 or 32 ko now instead of 30 ko previously for my config files). Some lines were missing before, it seems!
SAM is working now.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Vivialet - 14-May-2015

same here, SAM is working.
The question is: what is SAM now exactly doing ? I have the feeling that it is now correcting in the mids and highs as well. Needs some time to listen and find out.
Another open question: the dynamic power saving can be switched on/off in the configurator. Does this only affect the power efficiency or also the sound quality ? Should it be enabled for best SQ ?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rufus McDufus - 14-May-2015

Whew - I bet they're pretty glad it's a configurator bug and not in firmware!

RE: Firmware 8.0 - iamwappie - 14-May-2015

Looking at the config file the number of SAM entries has been expanded from 64 to 128 with the new configurator. Values are repeating 0-64 vs 65 - 128. Seems the upper region is for the right speaker and first region for the left one.

That is interesting and new over the previous SAM version. Why would you need a SAM profile for the left and right speaker to be identical unless this is the pre-requirement for future room corrections maybe?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - samurai7595 - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 15:19)PAC Wrote: Devialet twitter says it was a configurator issue, which has been fixed now.

I was told the same thing by their support team. 

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Vivialet - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 16:08)iamwappie Wrote: Looking at the config file the number of SAM entries has been expanded from 64 to 128 with the new configurator. Values are repeating 0-64 vs 65 - 128. Seems the upper region is for the right speaker and first region for the left one.

That is interesting and new over the previous SAM version. Why would you need a SAM profile for the left and right speaker to be identical unless this is the pre-requirement for future room corrections maybe?

I don't think it is for left and right speaker as the values are different for both value sets. I think it is for bass (SAM V1) and for a new additional correction of the upper frequencies.
Otherwise my left and right speaker would now sound totally different...what they do not of course.