Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - moreno1973 - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 17:30)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I'm finding the high frequency detail amazing. Really enjoying it. I can imagine some people might find it a bit bright. If it's full-range SAM giving the extra detail then I guess it'll be speaker dependent.

For me highs were always the best ones in Devialet. Now they are just smoother (in my system).

What is the easiest way to play DSD file using laptop with Windows? Foobar supports DSD?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - oxfordaudio - 14-May-2015

I'm stuck on my own on the shop floor here at Oxford Audio but I am amazed at the difference 8.0.0 has made. I've utterly captivated by a 120 running some PMC 23's, more open, more space, better authority. Now that it's all working, I hope everyone else is pleased with the results.

I cant wait to get home and have a good listen to 8.0.0 and give ICM a try!

Alasdair

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Arjan - 14-May-2015

Sound seems more coherent with 8.0.0 compared to 7.3.1.

So far so good. Need a few more days to settle down.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - ismarketing - 14-May-2015

Could someone explain the update process after you download the FW v8.0 files?  I'm startled that Devialet offers no instructions with the files.

Thanks

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Jnan_devi - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 16:56)Ants Wrote: Updated to v.8.0, no issues. Using the same config file I was using prior to the update but edited the file and enabled the DPM Dynamic Power Management feature.
Looking forward to trying a few DSD files as well.

How to enable DPM?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Axel - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 17:52)ismarketing Wrote: Could someone explain the update process after you download the FW v8.0 files?  I'm startled that Devialet offers no instructions with the files.

Thanks

Copy the unzipped files (there should be 17 of them) onto an SD card. Put the card into the D, and hold the power button down for about 5 seconds until the screen changes.  Let the update run (you can see a progress report in the display). When the update is finished, replace the card with your configuration on, and you're good to go.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Eddye - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 17:52)ismarketing Wrote: Could someone explain the update process after you download the FW v8.0 files?  I'm startled that Devialet offers no instructions with the files.

Thanks
Unplug your dev, eject the sd card, insert the sd card in your computer, unzip the fw file to the sd, eject sd, insert it again in your dev, plug power cable back in. Display should read updating firmware, wait until it says press front button. During the updat never unplug from mains!

RE: Firmware 8.0 - ZincAlloy - 14-May-2015

In case anyone is wondering why I've not commented, my D200 is still with Devialet, so I can only sit still and try and keep patient!  Can't wait to try this.  I'll be comparing it with my current main system, a Sonos Play 1, so I'm sure I'll be delighted. 

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Sylvain27 - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 17:42)moreno1973 Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 17:30)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I'm finding the high frequency detail amazing. Really enjoying it. I can imagine some people might find it a bit bright. If it's full-range SAM giving the extra detail then I guess it'll be speaker dependent.

For me highs were always the best ones in Devialet. Now they are just smoother (in my system).

What is the easiest way to play DSD file using laptop with Windows? Foobar supports DSD?
I'm using Jplay6 with Jplaystreamer, MinimServer and Linn Kazoo. .dsf files are converted into dopwav format.
Foobar supports DSD : http://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/ but Devialet only supports DoP. If you want to listen to DSD files with Foobar, you have to choose PCM (SACD preferences, ASIO driver mode) with max 176400 PCM samplerate, Devialet does not support 352800 Hz, so you don't really listen to DSD.
If you choose DSD instead of PCM with foobar, Devialet cannot decode the stream.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - petrik - 14-May-2015

Anyone else having problems with vinyl sound? I still do. Problems seem to start occurring after I have configured mono sub out from a companion unit. Everything seems to work perfectly fine without the subwoofer. Strange....