Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - moreno1973 - 14-May-2015

To Jnan_devi

to enable DPM:

In Advanced Configurator choose General settings then Power Saving. There is DPM and You choose...On or OFF

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Axel - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 18:03)ZincAlloy Wrote: In case anyone is wondering why I've not commented, my D200 is still with Devialet, so I can only sit still and try and keep patient!  Can't wait to try this.  I'll be comparing it with my current main system, a Sonos Play 1, so I'm sure I'll be delighted. 

My D200 is in France being mended also.  Can't wait to try out these new goodies! It will blow the Sonos into the weeds as it does with my Sonos setup which includes a pair of play 5s in stereo configuration.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - thumb5 - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 18:29)Axel Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 18:03)ZincAlloy Wrote: In case anyone is wondering why I've not commented, my D200 is still with Devialet, so I can only sit still and try and keep patient!  Can't wait to try this.  I'll be comparing it with my current main system, a Sonos Play 1, so I'm sure I'll be delighted. 

My D200 is in France being mended also.  Can't wait to try out these new goodies! It will blow the Sonos into the weeds as I'd does with my Sonos setup which includes a pair of play 5s in stereo configuration.

Me too -- quite a club forming!

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Jnan_devi - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 18:29)moreno1973 Wrote: To Jnan_devi

to enable DPM:

In Advanced Configurator choose General settings then Power Saving. There is DPM and You choose...On or OFF

Thank you! Found it!.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Hyperhenry - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 16:38)Rufus McDufus Wrote: It's all working great for me now. Sounding good too.

Folks

after installing 8.0 and the new configurator this morning without any problems, I had time today to test extensively - and I can only say "Congrats Devialet" for another great job done!!
It is just amazing how this company can always continue to delight its "overcritical" customers, finding new areas to impove and keeping us busy trying - testing - comparing - (that's what Hifi-enthusiasm is about - isn't it? Here now some details:

Biggest improvement for me is certainly DSD. I immediately downloaded the latest Stockfish Sampler (Vol 5) from Highresaudio in DSD64 and put it in JRiver20 - adjusting the output to DoP and connected my PC via USB to my DEV 200 - and the dream started - I never heard music better on my system - everything I ever dreamt of was there - natural warm voices, clear instruments, absolutely controlled bass and a soundstage to die for. I will now certainly look for more DSD Downloads.

Second best improvement is RAM. Previously I was about to sell or upgrade my turntable and/or cartridge (Project Xperience / Ortofon Brone 2M)  because the sound did not really satisfy me (too much of a differnce vs FLAC/HighRes. Now after installing RAM and being lucky, that my system was pre-configured - I made up my mind completely - big sound improvement in phono. In many cases better than CD's on my Linn Ikemi. I did not try out the various new EQ curves yet, but will certainly do soon - maybe there is even more to get.

Overall the SQ is at least as good as 7.1.3 - and I even feel the bass has improved.

My Speakers are not SAMed (ML Ethos) - so I cannot comment on the new SAM V2 quality, but I am very happy even without it.

Also ICM I cannot comment, as I am not using it (yet) .

Last not least DPM: this has certainly changed since 7.1.3, where you could see that the temperatures went down overall (around 40° in my setup) - now this is depending on the music and formats played. With normal Flacs the overall temp (Amp A, B, Power) was around 45°, but now going up to 65° (Amp A) with DSD - but then going down again if you change to FLAC - strange...

Excited to read about your experiences.

Cheers
Henry

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Eddye - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 09:55)Rufus McDufus Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 09:46)octaviars Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 09:41)Rufus McDufus Wrote: With RAM enabled on the remote, I just get an option 'Bass enabled' or 'Bass disabled'.  Is that it?

Nope that is not right.......You get all of the settings for the riaa.

I put the RAM on my mute button and only tap it fast when in phono input and I get the menu of the riaa.

OK this is weird. I originally had RAM on the mute button. I rewrote as config with it on the right hand button to see if it made a difference. None.  I still get 'Bass enabled' / 'Bass disabled' when short-pressing it.

Rufus, if you're still having this problem, you need to select your phono input. All other inputs en/disables Bass.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rufus McDufus - 14-May-2015

Umm, thanks! I realised my stupid mistake a little while ago Sad

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Axel - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 18:32)thumb5 Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 18:29)Axel Wrote:

My D200 is in France being mended also.  Can't wait to try out these new goodies! It will blow the Sonos into the weeds as I'd does with my Sonos setup which includes a pair of play 5s in stereo configuration.

Me too -- quite a club forming!
Oh! How long has yours been over there? Mine went two days ago and I was told it would take two weeks max to get back to me.

Apologies for this being off topic! 

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rufus McDufus - 14-May-2015

I am absolutely loving this. It's sounding great even with older redbook recordings. So much more detail. It's almost as if there's a massive jitter reduction.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - moreno1973 - 14-May-2015

Temperatures are down with 8.0. This is really a significant change.