Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - marcor - 14-May-2015

Quick question.
I haven't had a chance to download the new firmware but I was looking at the configurator.
The new RAM leave me a little perplexed. I found my cartridge in there Air-Tight Pc3 so I selected it to see what were the suggested settings and the configurator switched the ohm to 460 vs my previous 70 ohm. This is a lot more than the reccomended load for the cartridge that is 50-100 ohm. Is any risk in going so much over the reccomended load! Has anyone noticed something similar?
Thanks

M

RE: Firmware 8.0 - jjo - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 21:41)marcor Wrote: The new RAM leave me a little perplexed. I found my cartridge in there Air-Tight Pc3 so I selected it to see what were the suggested settings and the configurator switched the ohm to  460 vs my previous 70 ohm. This is a lot more than the reccomended load for the cartridge that is 50-100 ohm. Is any risk in going so much over the reccomended load! Has anyone noticed something similar?

RAM is about modifying the settings on the fly. Cartridge settings, as far as I understand, are just a quick way to get things going.

As for the load. Going higher is perfectly ok and safe. Going lower ain't good though.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Pascal - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 20:41)moreno1973 Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 20:22)miro Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 17:23)moreno1973 Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 16:47)GuillaumeB Wrote: I've just installed 8.0 and a new config file on both my devices. I have to say that was the most trouble-free experience I've ever had with these updates. 

Guillaume

Where do you select the % for SAM?

You need to push TONE button four times then (when SAM is ON) You see SAM circle on display and rotate the remote wheel...

I'm having trouble to find this setting too. Sam is enabled and the tone button is set to the tone function. When I press it, it goes from, balance to bass, to treble. On the fourth push it goes back to balance... Am I doing something wrong here?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - iamwappie - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 22:10)Pascal Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 20:41)moreno1973 Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 20:22)miro Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 17:23)moreno1973 Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 16:47)GuillaumeB Wrote: I've just installed 8.0 and a new config file on both my devices. I have to say that was the most trouble-free experience I've ever had with these updates. 

Guillaume

Where do you select the % for SAM?

You need to push TONE button four times then (when SAM is ON) You see SAM circle on display and rotate the remote wheel...

I'm having trouble to find this setting too. Sam is enabled and the tone button is set to the tone function. When I press it, it goes from, balance to bass, to treble. On the fourth push it goes back to balance... Am I doing something wrong here?

It only works when you have assigned SAM On/OFF to a remote button. Then after the fourth push of the tone button you should get SAM%

RE: Firmware 8.0 - marcor - 14-May-2015

I see, I found the documentation under the remote settings.
Will try tonight. With all these new function 3 buttons on the remote are really not enough. I hope that now that at least the app gets upgraded to allow more changes

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Confused - 14-May-2015

Does anyone understand what the "Record Active Matching" feature is supposed to do?

"RAM®, Devialet's exclusive new technology (Record Active Matching) adapts in real time the phono stage parameters, including: EQ curves, mix mode, cartridge sensitivity and loading parameters. Now providing 11 new equalization curves."

So this adapts what, based on what exactly, in real time? I'm a little baffled by this. I am also a little baffled why there is no technical explanation of this on Devialet's website. Maybe I've missed something?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - theaudioguru - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 22:38)Confused Wrote: Does anyone understand what the "Record Active Matching" feature is supposed to do?

"RAM®, Devialet's exclusive new technology (Record Active Matching) adapts in real time the phono stage parameters, including: EQ curves, mix mode, cartridge sensitivity and loading parameters. Now providing 11 new equalization curves."

So this adapts what, based on what exactly, in real time?  I'm a little baffled by this.  I am also a little baffled why there is no technical explanation of this on Devialet's website.  Maybe I've missed something?

When you assign RAM to a button on the remote in the desktop configuration it is accessible during phono playback.

Upon pressing the RAM button (while playing phono) the Dev screen displays a mini menu and allows you to assign a different load for the cartridge (visible on the Devialet screen) also a different eq curve. It's a bit like a mini config for phono right on the screen that you can use on the fly, no need to go back to the desktop config to try a new phono configuration.
It's intuitive once you see it in action. Your'e making the choice in real time , the Dev doesn't do anything automatically.Because the change in the mini config/RAM takes place in 2 seconds, you can evaluate the settings immediately. If you don't like it try another or switch settings for a particular recording maybe .
At least that's what I make of it so far! Enjoy Smile
theaudioguru

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Confused - 14-May-2015

Thanks @theaudioguru! I guess I was thinking the Devialet would adjust something automatically "in real time" depending on if I was playing Mozart, the Sex Pistols or whatever. What you describe makes sense, and might be quite interesting. I notice you have a Cadenza Bronze cartridge, I have a Cadenza Black, we should be able to compare notes on the influence of the various curves etc. One for a new thread I think.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - miro - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 22:19)marcor Wrote: I see, I found the documentation under the remote settings.
Will try tonight. With all these new function 3 buttons on the remote are really not enough. I hope that now that at least the app gets upgraded to allow more changes

+1

RE: Firmware 8.0 - completeluxury - 15-May-2015

is anyone having trouble getting the firmware to update?

i downloaded 8.0 off the website, copied it to the root directory of the cards but ive turned the amps on and off several times and it just doesnt want to update.