Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - ismarketing - 15-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 20:09)baconbrain Wrote: Just installed the 8.0 Firmware and ICM is exactly what I have been looking for since I scrapped my surround receiver. I have programmed the mute button on the remote to toggle between ICM on and off. Everything seems to be working great, but the possibility to vary the level of SAM on the balance controls is now "missing"? Confused

Any idea how I can get it back?

Thx for your help.   

Hi Bacon,

Can you describe what you are hearing with ICM?  I too ditched a HT set-up for a Deviatlet.  Thanks.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - jfp - 15-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 14:38)jjo Wrote: FW8.0.0 seems louder, way louder. I wonder if they adjusted the volume control or something.

On the bright side, the bad sq on low volumes with sensitive speakers seems to be gone.

I am listening with 8 for a moment and I agree. Volume is 45,5 db and it is quite powerful.

I tried the phono section. I cannot say if it better than before. It sounds good. My cartridge is a Benz L040. I am not sure if my previous set made by Devialet is a correct one.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - baconbrain - 15-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 22:21)ismarketing Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 20:09)baconbrain Wrote: Just installed the 8.0 Firmware and ICM is exactly what I have been looking for since I scrapped my surround receiver. I have programmed the mute button on the remote to toggle between ICM on and off. Everything seems to be working great, but the possibility to vary the level of SAM on the balance controls is now "missing"? Confused

Any idea how I can get it back?

Thx for your help.   

Hi Bacon,

Can you describe what you are hearing with ICM?  I too ditched a HT set-up for a Deviatlet.  Thanks.

It definately improves the clarity of spoken dialogue, but have not yet played around with it enough to see what affect it has on dynamics / volume equalization.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - chrish - 15-May-2015

Devialet definitely dropped the ball with this V8.0 firmware. Don't they test their releases at all? Having big problems on my 800. The phono input is working great, but I get only a single heavily distorted channel from USB. Very strange. Wish I'd taken my own advice and left well alone Wink Hopefully I can revert back to v7 with no issues.

Chris H

RE: Firmware 8.0 - chrish - 16-May-2015

Reverted back to v7.1.1, and everything is now fine. That'll teach me Wink

Chris H

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rufus McDufus - 16-May-2015

chrish - are you using an existing config file or starting from new with the Configurator? It's possible there's some backwards compatibility problems.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - spocksbrother - 16-May-2015

(16-May-2015, 00:07)chrish Wrote: Reverted back to v7.1.1, and everything is now fine. That'll teach me Wink

Chris H

Did the same, my only issue is that I didn't save my old config file and now it's not matching remote button assignments correctly. Overall, a botched release based on the large swings in comments on here. Some are great, while some are just a disaster. My only guess might be is that for whatever reason config files are not being generated properly. Very odd.

(15-May-2015, 18:39)Axel Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 12:50)spocksbrother Wrote: D200 using SAM with a pair of KEF LS 50's in a near field system. I had no choice but to downgrade back to 7.1.1 — After the 8.0 upgrade power was down, dynamics were crushed, there were strange power management issues with literally volume changing on its own. Maybe it was just a glitch with my unit, not sure, but I prefer to wait for some updates to 8.0 and additional comments from more users and from Devialet. Unfortunately I did not save the old SAM/Config file so now I have SAM V2 with 7.1.1, not great...

Hi,

Welcome to Devialet Chat and congratulations on your great system!
Why don't you download and install the upgrade again? It might have been a dodgy download that corrupted the file. 

Cheers,

Al

Al, thank you. I have done it twice and reverted twice with the same results… I'll wait a few days to see if Devialet releasees a 8.0.1 potentially if they hear of other issues.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - hk6230 - 16-May-2015

(16-May-2015, 00:24)spocksbrother Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 12:50)spocksbrother Wrote: D200 using SAM with a pair of KEF LS 50's in a near field system. I had no choice but to downgrade back to 7.1.1 — After the 8.0 upgrade power was down, dynamics were crushed, there were strange power management issues with literally volume changing on its own. Maybe it was just a glitch with my unit, not sure, but I prefer to wait for some updates to 8.0 and additional comments from more users and from Devialet. Unfortunately I did not save the old SAM/Config file so now I have SAM V2 with 7.1.1, not great...

Hi,

Why don't you download and install the upgrade again? It might have been a dodgy download that corrupted the file. 

Cheers,

Al

Al, thank you. I have done it twice and reverted twice with the same results… I'll wait a few days to see if Devialet releasees a 8.0.1 potentially if they hear of other issues.

I am using D200 (8.0FW with SAM on) with KEF LS50. I don't experience any problem.

(16-May-2015, 00:35)hk6230 Wrote:
(16-May-2015, 00:24)spocksbrother Wrote:

Hi,

Cheers,

Al

I am using D200 with KEF LS50, too. And, upgraded to 8.0FW with no problem.

Very interesting. I'll wait a few days and dowload a fresh copy, perhaps it was a corrupted ZIP file as Al suggests.