Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - completeluxury - 16-May-2015

When i upgraded the firmware i made a completely new configuration from scratch.

i had zero of the issues described re SAM etc everything works perfectly.

perhaps people using old configurations need to bite the bullet and make a new configuration if they havent already. only takes 2 seconds

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Vivialet - 16-May-2015

one more change in the new configurator that can affect the bass performance: the subsonic filter is now enabled by default.
That should not matter for an LS50 but who knows...

RE: Firmware 8.0 - wikeeboy - 16-May-2015

What exactly does the subsonic filter do?

Has Devialet ever released any documentation explaining in detail these kind of things or has it been up to us to learn it via this forum?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Stigmater - 16-May-2015

(16-May-2015, 14:08)Vivialet Wrote: one more change in the new configurator that can affect the bass performance: the subsonic filter is now enabled by default.
That should not matter for an LS50 but who knows...

It was enabled on 7.1.3 and on 7.1.1 by default as well, and I know it for sure because every time I did my config file from scratch i had to disable it.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - baconbrain - 16-May-2015

(16-May-2015, 01:59)pete86 Wrote: Also, I have one remote button assigned to RAM and one to SAM. A long press of the SAM button brings up the tone control menu. Not sure if the same applies with ICM. 

Ha! It works! I can assign the ICM on/off to the invert button (long press displays system settings) and SAM on/off to the bass button (long press displays balance, tone, and SAM controls).

I can also confirm that SAM defaults to 100% when activated.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Axel - 16-May-2015

(16-May-2015, 14:18)wikeeboy Wrote: What exactly does the subsonic filter do?

Has Devialet ever released any documentation explaining in detail these kind of things or has it been up to us to learn it via this forum?

It stops low frequency sounds from reaching the speakers and potentially damaging them. Especially handy for playing vinyl where the low frequencies can cause frightening excursion of your woofers, for example when the needle hits the groove.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Stigmater - 16-May-2015

Just got back from vacation so couldn't upgrate the firmware earlier, I have to say that I very like what I hear.
Recently I switched from magico S1 to YG Carmel due to too digital accent, coming out of magico.
After couple of weeks with YG Carmel even thoug sound was much more analog and more pleasant I started to feel that i need some more on the lower octave and I even started to look a replacement for Carmel.
Now after upgrade, I fully enjoy my setup, the bass get richer and deeper, the highs are great, (at 7.1.3 I felt a little harshness in highs), and DSD is a great bonus.

The most analog and pleasant sound that I heard from Devialet so far.
So life is beautiful again Wink

RE: Firmware 8.0 - ICarrascosa - 16-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 19:28)ICarrascosa Wrote: Good afternoon,

I just installed the update.

JRiver I have the player, if selected in the output options.

1) None
2) Dolby Digital
3) DSD in dop format
4) 2xDSD one dop format

If I select DSD, when I hear the music I hear interference or continuous breath.

If I have nothing, I hear nothing.

To always listen DSD highest quality even as I have to do with JRiver, if anyone can make a mini tutorial, I would appreciate.

someone can help me , thanks

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Antoine - 16-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 11:47)Antoine Wrote: I've also done the upgrade, all went well except for one very particular bug. When I start music playback through USB (default input) right after power on it seems like the volume of the pre-outs (used for my sub) are at 100%, this is immediately corrected as soon as I touch the volume dial. It however can cause quite a scare depending on the music played, bass heavy music causes a little earth quake! Wink

Has anyone else noticed similar behaviour? I will report it to Devialet later as well, I am thinking about recreating my config from scratch. So far, for 8.0 I have only edited it to update it.

OK, made the config from scratch but compared the files using diffchecker.com and they are identical. So I will report the issue to Devialet. Strange that no other users, using sub through pre-out, have noticed this issue or perhaps they just haven't mentioned it here.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - jjo - 16-May-2015

I reconfigured my Devialet and now it's no longer louder than before. So it must have been a configuration issue.