Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

Firmware 8.0 - archer75 - 16-May-2015

So bad I am traveling, no opportunity to try new firmware

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Firmware 8.0 - KraaijCheck - 16-May-2015

When using SAM, u guys have Bass on or off? I just discovered you can set Bass on or off. In the first minutes with SAM at 60-80% and with Bass off the punch is more clear and direct. Any other opinions?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Mikeeo - 16-May-2015

Well, well, now I am 8.0.0 and I don't have left channel (D400). I programmed my right button for RAM and the mid button for tone/subsonic and what a major disappointment. Now I no longer can adjust SAM % only that SAM is on, the tone control only enable me to adjust balance, bass and treble (no SAM) and I no longer have the double function on this button (longer press to initiate) as before I also had bass on/off.

I'll revert to 7.1.3

This should be simple things to deal with but oh no!

/Mike

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rufus McDufus - 16-May-2015

(16-May-2015, 19:58)KraaijCheck Wrote: When using SAM, u guys have Bass on or off? I just discovered you can set Bass on or off. In the first minutes with SAM at 60-80% and with Bass off the punch is more clear and direct. Any other opinions?

Well I'm guessing this is the subsonic filter that seems to have been enabled in the configurator where previously (I think) it was disabled. They certainly display the default value as 'disabled' in the help text anyway so something's not quite right there.  I only discovered this setting recently and I have to admit I think it sounds better off to me.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - mauidan - 16-May-2015

Where is the bass on/off control?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Gentleman - 16-May-2015

Hello guys.

i have updated and configured my D250 just this morning when i was still in the hotel near Munich. Simply made a new config file and everything just worked fine. On my way back home I have visited a dealer who wants to sell his WA Sasha 1. As I told some of the guys in Munich I had my small D-system with me. So at the dealers shop I setup my D250 (FW 8.0) with the music server prototype we spoke about in Munich, used all my own cables together with the dealers PS Audio P5 and here we go!

The SQ with the Sasha was extremely good from the first moment. The owner of the shop was speachless and deeply impressed. Before he has driven the Sasha only with large McIntosh mono-amps and Siltech cables, worth at least double of my own stuff.

For my taste the SQ was better then it was at the Devialet demo yesterday with the B&W Nautilus  Huh

So I think I will add the Sasha 1 to my collection. Thanks again for all the encouragegment I received last night.

i am looking forward to meet you again.

Best regards
Jan

RE: Firmware 8.0 - KraaijCheck - 16-May-2015

(16-May-2015, 21:11)mauidan Wrote: Where is the bass on/off control?

When you set one of you're remote buttons to RAM/Subsonic you can control Bass settings when not playing phono.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - beerman - 16-May-2015

(16-May-2015, 16:47)Antoine Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 11:47)Antoine Wrote: I've also done the upgrade, all went well except for one very particular bug. When I start music playback through USB (default input) right after power on it seems like the volume of the pre-outs (used for my sub) are at 100%, this is immediately corrected as soon as I touch the volume dial. It however can cause quite a scare depending on the music played, bass heavy music causes a little earth quake! Wink

Has anyone else noticed similar behaviour? I will report it to Devialet later as well, I am thinking about recreating my config from scratch. So far, for 8.0 I have only edited it to update it.

OK, made the config from scratch but compared the files using diffchecker.com and they are identical. So I will report the issue to Devialet. Strange that no other users, using sub through pre-out, have noticed this issue or perhaps they just haven't mentioned it here.

I do have the same issue (starting with ethernet input). Changing inputs or dialing the volume knob corrects the issue immediately also. I will try to delete my configurations and start with a new one.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - beerman - 16-May-2015

Starting with a new configuration does not solve the problem. As a workaround I configured a startup input source I normaly don't use (optical input). When I change to ethernet or line input, it works normal. Hope this problem gets solved.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Foggy916 - 17-May-2015

Downloaded and love it. No issues.