Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Nemal1 - 17-May-2015

I made a complete config file on a new SD card, installed and have had no issues. I touched the side of the case this morning, they felt a bit cooler, which is saying somethig now as the ambient temperature here is pushing 45!

I've not tried any of the new features yet, won't be buying a turntable until early next year but will try SAM on my Sasha 2's which will be arriginv early June

RE: Firmware 8.0 - G51 - 17-May-2015

I downloaded 8.0.0 and the new configurator from scratch from Devialet website. I found an issue not detected before. When I turn up the volume (no music not course but to see how quiet it could be) to about +10dB, I can hear some low frequency heart-beat-like noise coming out from my speakers continuously. It will go louder and louder if further turning up the volume.

Did you experience the same OR is it normal?

I use D200.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Nemal1 - 17-May-2015

Mine worked fine, but there seems to have been a lot of reported faults with the update.

There will always be some noise generated by the amps at full or approaching full volume (even if you can't hear it, it can be measured). Have you tried this before you uploaded version 8?

If you have an earlier version saved on a seperate card, try that and see what result you get. Good luck

Thanks, Nemal1.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Gentleman - 17-May-2015

(17-May-2015, 07:01)G51 Wrote: I downloaded 8.0.0 and the new configurator from scratch from Devialet website. I found an issue not detected before. When I turn up the volume (no music not course but to see how quiet it could be) to about +10dB, I can hear some low frequency heart-beat-like noise coming out from my speakers continuously. It will go louder and louder if further turning up the volume.  

Did you experience the same OR is it normal?

I use D200.

I have experienced that kind of noice when WIFI is selected as a source of the D but in fact no connection has been made to the router yet. So If you will not use WIFI I recommend to delete the option in the config.

Hello, Gentleman. But can we still use the iPad app to control the Expert if we deactiviate the WiFi option in the configuration? And in your case, if you like me turn up the volume to Max/almost Max, is it dead quiet?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - iamwappie - 17-May-2015

Yes you can as long as Ethernet is enabled.

Hello, iamwappie. Now I use wireless between router and devialet as they are far apart. Anyway, you got dead silent, zero noise, for your devialet?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rodney Gold - 17-May-2015

Well, upgrading to 8 onm y d prem is a disaster..all sorts of wierd effects. reverted to 7,11... BuT the only reason I went to 8 was cos when I tried to configure my d prem.. I got an error .. so had to try to load firm 8..
At any rate.the problem is that the le confugurateur does not allow a config for the D prem in 7.11 mode.. so Im screwed...
Can only use factory config .. I have tried all ways.. no luck..aarrgghhh
I cant configure it for 711 or 8.....

RE: Firmware 8.0 - canyelles - 17-May-2015

If you have a backup of your old configuration file you should just be able to put that on the card along with 7.1.1. Should work