Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

Firmware 8.0 - amabrok - 17-May-2015

And if you don't have a backup of your configuration file you can try with Devialet, maybe they will be able to email a custom config file for your D Premier based on what you request from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Antoine - 17-May-2015

(16-May-2015, 21:17)beerman Wrote:
(16-May-2015, 16:47)Antoine Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 11:47)Antoine Wrote: I've also done the upgrade, all went well except for one very particular bug. When I start music playback through USB (default input) right after power on it seems like the volume of the pre-outs (used for my sub) are at 100%, this is immediately corrected as soon as I touch the volume dial. It however can cause quite a scare depending on the music played, bass heavy music causes a little earth quake! Wink

Has anyone else noticed similar behaviour? I will report it to Devialet later as well, I am thinking about recreating my config from scratch. So far, for 8.0 I have only edited it to update it.

OK, made the config from scratch but compared the files using diffchecker.com and they are identical. So I will report the issue to Devialet. Strange that no other users, using sub through pre-out, have noticed this issue or perhaps they just haven't mentioned it here.

I do have the same issue (starting with ethernet input). Changing inputs or dialing the volume knob corrects the issue immediately also. I will try to delete my configurations and start with a new one.

(16-May-2015, 22:40)beerman Wrote: Starting with a new configuration does not solve the problem. As a workaround I configured a startup input source I normaly don't use (optical input). When I change to ethernet or line input, it works normal. Hope this problem gets solved.

Hi Beerman, thank you for confirming this issue! I'll make note of it with Devialet when I report the issue with them coming week. I also tried a new config from scratch to no avail.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - beerman - 17-May-2015

(17-May-2015, 12:28)Antoine Wrote:   
(16-May-2015, 21:17)beerman Wrote:
(16-May-2015, 16:47)Antoine Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 11:47)Antoine Wrote: I've also done the upgrade, all went well except for one very particular bug. When I start music playback through USB (default input) right after power on it seems like the volume of the pre-outs (used for my sub) are at 100%, this is immediately corrected as soon as I touch the volume dial. It however can cause quite a scare depending on the music played, bass heavy music causes a little earth quake! Wink

Has anyone else noticed similar behaviour? I will report it to Devialet later as well, I am thinking about recreating my config from scratch. So far, for 8.0 I have only edited it to update it.

OK, made the config from scratch but compared the files using diffchecker.com and they are identical. So I will report the issue to Devialet. Strange that no other users, using sub through pre-out, have noticed this issue or perhaps they just haven't mentioned it here.

I do have the same issue (starting with ethernet input). Changing inputs or dialing the volume knob corrects the issue immediately also. I will try to delete my configurations and start with a new one.

(16-May-2015, 22:40)beerman Wrote: Starting with a new configuration does not solve the problem. As a workaround I configured a startup input source I normaly don't use (optical input). When I change to ethernet or line input, it works normal. Hope this problem gets solved.

Hi Beerman, thank you for confirming this issue! I'll make note of it with Devialet when I report the issue with them coming week. I also tried a new config from scratch to no avail.

Thank You! please keep us informed!

RE: Firmware 8.0 - colonel66 - 17-May-2015

(17-May-2015, 10:55)Rodney Gold Wrote: Well, upgrading to 8 onm y d prem is a disaster..all sorts of wierd effects. reverted to 7,11... BuT the only reason I went to 8 was cos when I tried to configure my d prem.. I got an error .. so had to try to load firm 8..
At any rate.the problem is that the le confugurateur does not allow a config for the D prem in 7.11 mode.. so Im screwed...
Can only use factory config .. I have tried all ways.. no luck..aarrgghhh
I cant configure it for 711 or 8.....

shame Rodney that is a huge cock-up = guess an email to support 

RE: Firmware 8.0 - pete86 - 17-May-2015

(17-May-2015, 07:01)G51 Wrote: I downloaded 8.0.0 and the new configurator from scratch from Devialet website. I found an issue not detected before. When I turn up the volume (no music not course but to see how quiet it could be) to about +10dB, I can hear some low frequency heart-beat-like noise coming out from my speakers continuously. It will go louder and louder if further turning up the volume.  

Did you experience the same OR is it normal?

I use D200.

I experienced this with 7.1 on every input as I got up to +15 dB or so, (with nothing playing, as this would be deafeningly loud)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - jfddoc - 17-May-2015

No problems installing Firmware 8.0.  My speakers are not SAMed.  Sorry if this was answered before, but what is the purpose of being able to dial a percentage (20%, 40%) of SAM?  Does this depend on the room?  Thanks.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Mohmm - 17-May-2015

Installed 8.0.0 without a hitch on my D800, master and slave that is, having included new config files on the two SD-cards with the firmware files. Works perfectly and without any of the problems mentioned here. Regarding SQ I am still listening.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - f1eng - 17-May-2015

(17-May-2015, 10:55)Rodney Gold Wrote: Well, upgrading to 8 onm y d prem is a disaster..all sorts of wierd effects. reverted to 7,11... BuT the only reason I went to 8 was cos when I tried to configure my d prem.. I got an error .. so had to try to load firm 8..
At any rate.the problem is that the le confugurateur does not allow a config for the D prem in 7.11 mode.. so Im screwed...
Can only use factory config .. I have tried all ways.. no luck..aarrgghhh
I cant configure it for 711 or 8.....

Query it with support.
You should get a link to the previous configurator.
It is certainly a cock up, but surely temporary. They still supported as far back as firmware v5 up until till a few days ago.

I keep a copy of every configuration file and every firmware file set on my laptop.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - G51 - 17-May-2015

Ref my post #345. Tried again 8.0.0 + configurator with WiFi input deactivated. Still same problem of heart-beat like low-frequency-noise when the volume (no music signal) goes up after +10dB.

So reloaded 7.1.3 with old configurator file (including WiFi input activated), turned up the volume to MAX +30dB, no such low-frequency-noise for a while BUT suddenly a very loud noise came out and I had to turn off the machine immediately.

Lastly reloaded my 7.1.1 with old configurator file (also the WiFi input activated), again went up to +30dB, very quiet. Not dared to test too long time. This time, luckily, I did not experience the sudden very loud noise screaming.

I thought the cause of the heart-beat like low-frequency noise and the very sudden loud noise might be that I plugged my D200 directly to the wall socket since I thought the D200 sounds better when plug direct to the wall.

Firmware 8.0 - macdummy - 17-May-2015

I have a new set now. I use SAM for Totem Hawk. Now I can play beween 5-10db louder. Overall tonality is much better, bass also, .... 8.0 is a big improvement for my set. WiFi connectivity was always poor, so is it now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk