Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - wikeeboy - 17-May-2015

(17-May-2015, 22:37)Herman Wrote: since i have installed v8 the tonal balance is totally different to v7.1.1 in both cases with and without SAM (much more presence in mids and hights and less base) how can that be since that AMP should have a linear response in the audio frequency range?
I had to reconfigure that with the tone controls - but the results are still not as perfect as before.
I will give V8 another 2 days to hopefully arrange with that or roll back.

beides that i totally agree that the remote AP has to be replaced

+1

RE: Firmware 8.0 - bernardl - 18-May-2015

I have been using v8.0 for a few days now and really like it. I have played a variety of jazz, classic, hip hop favorites and like how the sound is both very fluid, incredibly defined/refined and also powerful. Best blend so far for me (P10 re-generated power in, Mac mini OSX 10 + Audirvana, Wilson Benesch Vector speakers).

I have been using exclusively USB and it is now as good as the best Air session I remember when it used to work...

Happy camper here.

Cheers,
Bernard

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Hifi_swlon - 18-May-2015

(17-May-2015, 22:00)miro Wrote: +1

Also, they should significantly upgrade the Control app, to allow us to see all possible values from an iPad from our listening positions, and to control/change al of the parameters that can be changed without having to prepare different configuration files for that.

Although relatively new to the brand, my sense so far is if an acronym can't be associated with it, you're very unlikely to see it anytime soon! Maybe you could suggest a SUC...

RE: Firmware 8.0 - philoouu - 18-May-2015

A few question about the configurator:
- how it is possible to use all those new options like ICM or RAM with the remote since I already use Pre-Out and Mute for button 2 and 3 ? For people using SAM, it is even one more option.
- regarding Subsonic filter ? What is the default value ?

Thanks
philoouu

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Saint0 - 18-May-2015

(17-May-2015, 14:36)pete86 Wrote:
(17-May-2015, 07:01)G51 Wrote: I downloaded 8.0.0 and the new configurator from scratch from Devialet website. I found an issue not detected before. When I turn up the volume (no music not course but to see how quiet it could be) to about +10dB, I can hear some low frequency heart-beat-like noise coming out from my speakers continuously. It will go louder and louder if further turning up the volume.  

Did you experience the same OR is it normal?

I use D200.

I experienced this with 7.1 on every input as I got up to +15 dB or so, (with nothing playing, as this would be deafeningly loud)

No issue performing the V8.0 update, but a fresh, new configuration file is needed; which was not clearly mentioned in the update notes. Old saved configuration files were not retrievable from the updated website when I tried.

I've noticed the same problem with my D250 after updating to V8.0: low frequency rumble & intermittent beating noise at high volume setting close to 0dB & above with no input signal; never had this issue before. It used to be dead silent with no input signals even at 0dB & max volume setting.

Also discovered a  new problem with SAM 2.0. I use Velodyne DD10+ sub in parallel with my speakers (dual-mode using speaker level inputs to the sub for stereo & LFE from AVR for home theater system). I ran the Velodyne low frequency tone sweep calibration CD after the update, and noticed loud glitches (clipping) from the D250 at the beginning of the tone sweep (from low, subsonic to high). The glitches are gone with SAM disabled. I've never had this problem before V8.0. It appears SAM or SAM woofer protection is causing the glitches (hard amplifier clipping).

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Vivialet - 18-May-2015

I can also hear the beating noise, but only while changing the volume. If I don't move the volume wheel then it is silent. It seems as if the DSP is creating this noise while changing the volume. Not really a problem for me as I would be deaf if I listen with more than 0 db...

RE: Firmware 8.0 - G51 - 18-May-2015

Hello, Saint0. Jeff Fritz, Editor of Soundstage.com, once evaluated the expert line (of course not V8.0.0) and said it was dead silent even in his sound-treated listening room. So what comes the problem of the low frequency heart-beat-like rumble and the sudden outburst of very loud noise we heard? Electrical interference from our home electricity network? The later firmware? Or any other factors? Saint0 did you plug the Expert line direct to wall socket or use a power conditioner?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - G51 - 18-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 11:13)Vivialet Wrote: I can also hear the beating noise, but only while changing the volume. If I don't move the volume wheel then it is silent. It seems as if the DSP is creating this noise while changing the volume. Not really a problem for me as I would be deaf if I listen with more than 0 db...

Even you would never listen to the music in the region of +??dB, it is still important because it means it does not perfrom at the best signal-to-noise ratio. BTW I used to hear the low-frequency beating noise (earlier version 7.1.1) when changing the volume turning up to +??dB region and that would stop when you stop dialling the knob on the remote.

But now there is this kind of noise generated at v8.0.0. May I know whether you plug your Expert direct to the wall socket or use a power conditioner? It might be a reason for the noise.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rodney Gold - 18-May-2015

The sam Clucking noise (limiting) is evident in 7.11 as well..Saturday I helped my pal install his vivid G3's with his 120.. with sam on, at not such loud levels , was very audible at 25/31/40hz (was finding bass nodes) .. I suggested turning SAM off and poof..the noises were gone. Didnt bother to upgrade to 8.. too many issues.
Sam worked a lot better on his vivid 1.5's...
the G3's are Sammed from original 27hz to 14.5hz. 10mm protection

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Vivialet - 18-May-2015

SAM V1 had a huge bass boost on my G2 which is not what you normally want. SAM V2 is also increasing the low level volume, but only below 40Hz. Before it starts increasing under 100Hz. So you cannot compare a speaker with SAM V1 with a different speaker with SAM V2.
I prefer V2 in my setup.