Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Antoine - 18-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 12:13)G51 Wrote: Hello, Saint0. Jeff Fritz, Editor of Soundstage.com, once evaluated the expert line (of course not V8.0.0) and said it was dead silent even in his sound-treated listening room. So what comes the problem of the low frequency heart-beat-like rumble and the sudden outburst of very loud noise we heard? Electrical interference from our home electricity network? The later firmware? Or any other factors? Saint0 did you plug the Expert line direct to wall socket or use a power conditioner?

(18-May-2015, 11:13)Vivialet Wrote: I can also hear the beating noise, but only while changing the volume. If I don't move the volume wheel then it is silent. It seems as if the DSP is creating this noise while changing the volume. Not really a problem for me as I would be deaf if I listen with more than 0 db...

I've tried to reproduce this but my 250 remains dead silent all the way up to +30dB, only the faintest hiss from the tweeter can be heard when I lay my ear on it. I have to say that I have disabled everything I don't use, only the USB input, one optical and one stereo pair of analog inputs is enabled (and a stereo pair is used as pre-outs to my subwoofer). So no SAM, no ethernet, WiFi and all the other inputs.

My 250 is fed by a PS Audio P3 power plant.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Vivialet - 18-May-2015

my 800 is directly plugged into a wall outlet. And I'm using SAM.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - thumb5 - 18-May-2015

Maybe this noise depends on the exact SAM algorithm in use? That is, it might occur when using a SAM algorithm for one model of loudspeaker but not for a different model?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - samurai7595 - 18-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 13:45)thumb5 Wrote: Maybe this noise depends on the exact SAM algorithm in use?  That is, it might occur when using a SAM algorithm for one model of loudspeaker but not for a different model?

Could be...

I was running SAM V1 (Firmware 7.1.1) and now SAM V2 (Firmware 8.0.0) with my ProAc Response D30R and have had zero issues with SAM ON (or SAM OFF).

RE: Firmware 8.0 - G51 - 18-May-2015

Many variables. But it seemed to me that the expert could be dead silent but there are some factors which made it generate noise.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - G51 - 18-May-2015

Hello, Antonine. So have you tried plug the Devialet to wall socket direct before?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Dougiet - 18-May-2015

(17-May-2015, 14:36)jfddoc Wrote: No problems installing Firmware 8.0.  My speakers are not SAMed.  Sorry if this was answered before, but what is the purpose of being able to dial a percentage (20%, 40%) of SAM?  Does this depend on the room?  Thanks.

I would like to know the answer to that question as well:-). If I turn SAM off, I here a notable change from my speakers (B&W 804D), but if I dial up the percentage, well...... nothing!
Another strange thing, I always assumed SAM was by default 100%. With my D200, when I toggle between bass, treble, balance and finally SAM, all the settings are set to 0%. Is the SAM percentage relevant to which speaker one uses, and the configurater adds this value to ones settings? 
I can't find any clear answers online, so any help here is much appreciated. Thanks.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Mikeeo - 18-May-2015

Any one out there (D400 or D800) please tell me from start to finish how to get my system in 8.0.0 and after that use the new configurator. 
What pitfalls should I avoid to make things work?

Is it possible to have RAM, ICM and SAM at the same time an utilize its functions fully? When I configured the last times under 8.0.0 (only had one channel playing) I noticed if choosing RAM I could not adjust SAM % and where do I utilize ICM? Or do I ask to much of this despite that all functions to me is equally important!?

Best/Mike

I'm not sure if the SAM % does work for all speakers, but for my speakers I had to turn SAM down to 20-30%. Now I can leave it on 100%. But still I can hear if I turn it down, the bass is reduced. On some recordings it is difficoult to hear, you have to use some bass heavy music.

(18-May-2015, 15:44)Mikeeo Wrote: Any one out there (D400 or D800) please tell me from start to finish how to get my system in 8.0.0 and after that use the new configurator. 
What pitfalls should I avoid to make things work?

Is it possible to have RAM, ICM and SAM at the same time an utilize its functions fully? When I configured the last times under 8.0.0 (only had one channel playing) I noticed if choosing RAM I could not adjust SAM % and where do I utilize ICM? Or do I ask to much of this despite that all functions to me is equally important!?

Best/Mike

the question is if you really need to have SAM available on a remote button. I have it activated with 100% and could now use the button for something else, no need to switch SAM on or off.