Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Ron D - 18-May-2015

So installed V8 into my 200 and all was OK, at least for my use which is strictly Line in & digtial in (spdif). Don't use wif, ethernet, etc.

Was playing fine, appeared to run cooler and no sound when volume turned up loud (no source engaged) at the speaker drivers so I thought perfect!

Couldn't leave well enough alone and decided to try to turn off dynamic power function (has always been on in the past) . Downloaded the new config file and now the unit won't stay turned on - hit the power button and cycles through a few screens - never reaches the volume screen and dies leaving the unpowered 200 screen in the display. Maybe revert to 7.1.1 until all the bugs are taken care is the answer.

Could kick myself....

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Ron D - 18-May-2015

Reinstalled 7.1.1 and the same thing happens!!!! SOB!!!!!!!

RE: Firmware 8.0 - NickB - 18-May-2015

I have tried switching ICM on and off on a feed from my Raspberry Pi and it does not seem to make any (or very little) difference however on the feed from my Sky TV it makes a huge difference. Both are fed by digital coax so it seems to sense the Sky as different - could it be that it senses a 5.1 surround signal and only works its magic on that ?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Mikeeo - 18-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 20:36)Vivialet Wrote: btw., I have to revert my initial impression about ICM. For movies and TV it really works. Bad thing is that ICM cannot be assigned to each input. It would be good to have a default setting for every input which then could be changed if I want.

Agree on that!

/Mike

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Mikeeo - 18-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 22:01)miro Wrote:
(18-May-2015, 15:44)Mikeeo Wrote: Any one out there (D400 or D800) please tell me from start to finish how to get my system in 8.0.0 and after that use the new configurator. 
What pitfalls should I avoid to make things work?

Is it possible to have RAM, ICM and SAM at the same time an utilize its functions fully? When I configured the last times under 8.0.0 (only had one channel playing) I noticed if choosing RAM I could not adjust SAM % and where do I utilize ICM? Or do I ask to much of this despite that all functions to me is equally important!?

Best/Mike

I only had my left channel playing up to the second attempt to update.

Somehow the power switch of my slave unit was flakey, and pressing it for 5 seconds did not do the trick.

I ended up disconnecting the power cord for 10 seconds, and connecting it again, which triggered the successful update of the firmware.

Then things worked fine.

I like 8.0!
Thanks I'll take that info with me to when I will try 8.0 next week.

/Mike

RE: Firmware 8.0 - spocksbrother - 18-May-2015

(16-May-2015, 00:38)spocksbrother Wrote:
(16-May-2015, 00:35)hk6230 Wrote:
(16-May-2015, 00:24)spocksbrother Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 18:39)Axel Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 12:50)spocksbrother Wrote: D200 using SAM with a pair of KEF LS 50's in a near field system. I had no choice but to downgrade back to 7.1.1 — After the 8.0 upgrade power was down, dynamics were crushed, there were strange power management issues with literally volume changing on its own. Maybe it was just a glitch with my unit, not sure, but I prefer to wait for some updates to 8.0 and additional comments from more users and from Devialet. Unfortunately I did not save the old SAM/Config file so now I have SAM V2 with 7.1.1, not great...

Hi,

Welcome to Devialet Chat and congratulations on your great system!
Why don't you download and install the upgrade again? It might have been a dodgy download that corrupted the file. 

Cheers,

Al

Al, thank you. I have done it twice and reverted twice with the same results… I'll wait a few days to see if Devialet releasees a 8.0.1 potentially if they hear of other issues.

I am using D200 with KEF LS50, too. And, upgraded to 8.0FW with no problem.

Very interesting. I'll wait a few days and dowload a fresh copy, perhaps it was a corrupted ZIP file as Al suggests.

Update — I reformatted the SD card, downloaded 8.0, again, and made a new config file. That worked, sounds great but different than the V7 firmware. At the end of the day this is a computer and will be the victim of all types of software and technology pit falls. 

RE: Firmware 8.0 - bernardl - 18-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 20:36)Vivialet Wrote:
(18-May-2015, 16:42)Antoine Wrote: Do/did you guys not happy with SQ try 8.0 with DPM disabled first?

(Edit: I'm still forming my own opinion on SQ at the moment)

I have tried to switch DPM off. I think it sounds better, but I'm not yet 100% sure. Temps are again 5° higher, but it feels like more power. Needs more listening.

btw., I have to revert my initial impression about ICM. For movies and TV it really works. Bad thing is that ICM cannot be assigned to each input. It would be good to have a default setting for every input which then could be changed if I want.

Yes, being able to associate default ICM settings to inputs would be treat. I would leave it on permanently for the Toskink inputs of my TV and bluray player (PS4).

Cheers,
Bernard

RE: Firmware 8.0 - hk6230 - 19-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 23:41)spocksbrother Wrote:
(16-May-2015, 00:38)spocksbrother Wrote:
(16-May-2015, 00:35)hk6230 Wrote:
(16-May-2015, 00:24)spocksbrother Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 18:39)Axel Wrote: Hi,

Welcome to Devialet Chat and congratulations on your great system!
Why don't you download and install the upgrade again? It might have been a dodgy download that corrupted the file. 

Cheers,

Al

Al, thank you. I have done it twice and reverted twice with the same results… I'll wait a few days to see if Devialet releasees a 8.0.1 potentially if they hear of other issues.

I am using D200 with KEF LS50, too. And, upgraded to 8.0FW with no problem.

Very interesting. I'll wait a few days and dowload a fresh copy, perhaps it was a corrupted ZIP file as Al suggests.

Update — I reformatted the SD card, downloaded 8.0, again, and made a new config file. That worked, sounds great but different than the V7 firmware. At the end of the day this is a computer and will be the victim of all types of software and technology pit falls. 

Good to hear that it finally works for you. 

RE: Firmware 8.0 - flohmann - 19-May-2015

FWIW, I updated my D250 to 8.0.0 and it went without a hitch.

I agree with the comments that SAM v2 has less overblown bass than v1. I used to run SAM at 10% on my speakers, but am now experimenting with 50% (100% is still too much, bloats the bass on my Q1s and separates the lower frequencies from the rest of the music in my room).

RE: Firmware 8.0 - philoouu - 19-May-2015

Question about about subsonic filter in ? Should it be on or off ?
It seems to be on by default in General Settings.

Does anybody hear a diffference with filter activated ?