Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - G51 - 19-May-2015

Hello, NickB. Did you plug D400 direct to wall socket? Did you enable all inputs including WiFi? And did you use SAM? These factors might be the reasons why some Experts are dead silent whilst others not?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Ron D - 19-May-2015

OVO.

"Have you tried the usual suspects - hard reset (unplug mains power,after first turning off or unplugging at the power outlet); hard reset without any input cables attached (apparently this is how to jolt the amp out of protection mode), and also without the SD card, this should power up in factory config?"

I was able to download the prior 7.1.1 and then after numerous tries get my config file to load (Dynamic power "on") so I'll well enough alone for the time being - at least I can play music and use my headphones (pre-out) when I want to. I'll monitor this BB for updates to see if there are updates to the stability of the V8 version.

many thanks for your help

RE: Firmware 8.0 - MusicFirst - 19-May-2015

(19-May-2015, 15:53)Kunter Wrote: Hi guys...

I would like to hear your opinions on Dynamic Power Management. Although on paper it is promising for high efficiency and what not, generally any type of power "optimisation" has its downsides for sounds... At least this has been my experience...

Have you tried the v8 with and without DPM? What do you think?

Cheers

Kunter

I tried FW8.0.0 with DPM and found it dialed back the output as I increased the volume from -10 to +5db.  I didn't push it past +5db because it was kind of freaking me out.  I disabled DPM through the configurator and the competing volume effect went away.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - GuillaumeB - 19-May-2015

I remain a little unconvinced on 8.0.

Some of the magic of 7.1.3 seems lost. That's about as much as I can say. The tonal balance might have shifted a bit so the treble is a little more emphasised. 

I've tried deactivating DPM and it seems to improve things in a subtle way but it still ain't 7.1.3. 

Going to stick with it for a while and experiment reverting back to 7.1.3 once I am used to the new sound. DSD sounded very nice though.

Guillaume

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Hifi_swlon - 19-May-2015

Went back to 7.1.1 tonight.

It wasn't the huge leap I was expecting - it's amazing how variable and subjective all these things are. But I fairly instantly preferred the 7.1.1. sound.

I gave v8 a good few days on a lot of music, but I think its fair to say I just didn't really enjoy listening as much with it. There's possibly a bit more energy in 8, but the presentation just seemed more edgy and trebly and the bass just isn't there compared to 7.1.1.

I didn't have any DSD to try and I'm not that bothered really, so I'll just keep watching here for (hopeful) updates that will make take the sound back to towards something I like. Otherwise, I guess I'm rolling with 7.1.1 from here.. Bit disappointed all round if I'm honest.

Aaaaah, and relax…. That's better…..  Wink

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Finn - 19-May-2015

I hope that devialet come with a software Update ,when i Reed many give negative impression about 8,0 many say devialet Loos there soul and that is NOT good, so devialet you have a work ,so you Can give People someting they Like just someting from me WHO have Update too 8,0 and i Think there miss someting ?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - PhilP - 19-May-2015

Re. the last posts from Guillaume and Hifi-swlon - well there's a coincidence, I have also decided that I don't really like the treble emphasis of V8 and am now reverting back to 7.1.3 which I really liked....

There are a few recordings which do sound 'better' with V8 but overall I find it a bit irritating to listen to for long  Confused

(19-May-2015, 21:39)PhilP Wrote: Re. the last posts from Guillaume and Hifi-swlon - well there's a coincidence, I have also decided that I don't really like the treble emphasis of V8 and am now reverting back to 7.1.3 which I really liked....

There are a few recordings which do sound 'better' with V8 but overall I find it a bit irritating to listen to for long  Confused

I didn't really like 7.1.3. either, so went back to where I started. 7.1.1
To my ears 7.1.3 and 8 were similar to one and other.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - PhilP - 19-May-2015

(19-May-2015, 21:49)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(19-May-2015, 21:39)PhilP Wrote: Re. the last posts from Guillaume and Hifi-swlon - well there's a coincidence, I have also decided that I don't really like the treble emphasis of V8 and am now reverting back to 7.1.3 which I really liked....

I didn't really like 7.1.3. either, so went back to where I started. 7.1.1
To my ears 7.1.3 and 8 were more similar.

I liked 7.1.3 when I first heard it but didn't use it much before upgrading to 8.0.  I'm suspicious that 7.1.3 and 8.0 may actually sound the same (why else would Devialet have released the Beta teaser?) but thought I would try 7.1.3 again as its easy to do.  I will go back to 7.1.1 if it doesnt work out.

Just a thought, I read somewhere that the new configurator only works with 8.0 onwards.  Is that the case?  If so, then any new customers or existing customers upgrading to dual mono will have to use 8.0 or whatever comes next...

EDIT: 7.1.3 now re-installed and to be honest after trying a couple of tracks I'm happier with it than I was with v8 so maybe Guillaume is right (again Wink). I will give it a few days before deciding what to do next.