Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - hahe - 22-May-2015

Can confirm the point on temperature - Amp significantly warmer - + 5 degrees - with DPM Off in my setup
(and with DPM is not an option as lacking bass control and punch)

Did spend quite some time by now to compare v8 and 7.1.1 (did skip 7.1.3 as beta).
B&W 800D with SAM on 37%-50% and via Ethernet and USB connection - no DPM:

Pros
- Wider Sound Stage (although seems to create a little bit of echo effect like in a larger concert hall)
- Clearer and more articulated bass
- USB quality significantly improved - in v8 it is comparable to Ethernet whereas in 7.1.1 was no option for me
- SAM effect is not so strong and hence possible to experiment more with how much % of it you want to use

Cons
- Much more high and mid frequency emphasis (even more via Ethernet compared to USB)
- Voices and instruments did sound more natural with 7.1.1 - I tend to agree with earlier comments about being harsher and more analytical
- Temperature comment as made above

Overall my tendency is to stay on 7.1.1 for the moment although I further will continue to test and share findings

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Kokomo - 22-May-2015

I am experiencing a big volume drop with this upgrade. In system 7 my listening volume is -20 Db to 123 DB, in system 7 it is -6 to +2 DB.

??? This can't be right for a 2x200 watts amp. I play phono only and I have all my settings right. Anyone else experience this?
Thanks. 

RE: Firmware 8.0 - moreno1973 - 22-May-2015

(22-May-2015, 08:12)hahe Wrote: Can confirm the point on temperature - Amp significantly warmer - + 5 degrees - with DPM Off in my setup

Did spend quite some time by now to compare v8 and 7.1.1 (did skip 7.1.3 as beta).
B&W 800D with SAM on 37%-50% and via Ethernet and USB connection - no DPM:

Pros
- Wider Sound Stage (although seems to create a little bit of echo effect like in a larger concert hall)
- Clearer and more articulated bass
- USB quality significantly improved - in v8 it is comparable to Ethernet whereas in 7.1.1 was no option for me
- SAM effect is not so strong and hence possible to experiment more with how much % of it you want to use

Cons
- Much more high and mid frequency emphasis (even more via Ethernet compared to USB)
- Voices and instruments did sound more natural with 7.1.1 -  I tend to agree with earlier comments about being harsher and more analytical
- Temperature comment as made above

Overall my tendency is to stay on 7.1.1 for the moment although I further will continue to test and share findings

Try 7.1.3 beta. IMO this is very good sounding firmware. Just gives me more musical pleasure and fun. And is louder than 7.1.1. Also no crap with DPM...

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rufus McDufus - 22-May-2015

(22-May-2015, 08:12)hahe Wrote: Can confirm the point on temperature - Amp significantly warmer - + 5 degrees - with DPM Off in my setup

Me too with my D200. With DPM off it's reaching around 45C which is about 10% higher than it was with 7.1.3.   DPM on is around 38-40C ( a smidge cooler than 7.1.3).
I notice the sound starts to deteriorate when it it gets up around 45C which is why I noticed. It's not as bad as a year or so ago though when temperatures regularly reached 55-60C, and I really did notice it sounding poor.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Finn - 22-May-2015

Only a Question . It is about the heat do you NOT Think, that more cool the longer live the devialet ,becorse the heat must in any case be a enemy for the system ?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - hahe - 22-May-2015

(22-May-2015, 09:47)moreno1973 Wrote:
(and with DPM is not an option as lacking bass control and punch)...

... Overall my tendency is to stay on 7.1.1 for the moment although I further will continue to test and share findings

Try 7.1.3 beta. IMO this is very good sounding firmware. Just gives me more musical pleasure and fun. And is louder than 7.1.1. Also no crap with DPM...

Thanks for the suggestion and will try 7.1.3 - what config file can I use for this -

my old 7.1.1 or do I need to create a new on in 8.0 configurator "not using new v8 features"

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Vivialet - 22-May-2015

the old one is fine. Not sure if this version already introduces the better SQ for the USB port...

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rodney Gold - 22-May-2015

If your firmware upgrade works and your config doesnt , check that the default start up input exists on your system , IE hasnt been switched off when you do the config..
EG if the default input start up is AES/EBU and you have it turned off on the amp in config , you will get a "wrong configuration", change the default to one that does exist on your amps config..

I have used a ver 8 config with 7.1.1 and vice versa and it seems to work..however I have a D premier ..

Firmware 8.0 - milk_vanilla - 22-May-2015

My raidho setup sound best with 7.1.3, SAM on ( never fuzzy with the percentage), listening room about 23x14 ft. I tried v8, v7.1.1, with dpm on/off, subsonic filter on/off. Though dsd is useful, but i can live without v8 at the moment. Will wait future firmware revision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Firmware 8.0 - theaudioguru - 22-May-2015

(22-May-2015, 11:43)milk_vanilla Wrote: My raidho setup sound best with 7.1.3, SAM on ( never fuzzy with the percentage),  listening room about 23x14 ft. I tried v8, v7.1.1, with dpm on/off, subsonic filter on/off. Though dsd is useful, but i can live without v8 at the moment. Will wait future firmware revision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have gone back to the beta firmware to cure problems with the Dev400. I got 8.0 to work but upon subsequent configs the whole thing fell apart, sound in one channel, hiss, distortion on phono. I think this is a mono problem, when I removed the link between amp the hiss disappeared.
I'm patiently waiting for the next firmware to move these problems.
theaudioguru