Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - G51 - 24-May-2015

Devialet should release more information about their new stuffs and update its App.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - runlonger - 24-May-2015

(24-May-2015, 10:41)KraaijCheck Wrote: So when i put ICM on one of the remote buttons, turn it off when the devialet is on en then replace the ICM remote button for something else, will ICM be still off?

This morning i programmed one remote button for ICM. The first time i hit the button ICM turned on. This means it was off by default?

Yes, I think it means it was disabled in your case. The last ICM setting is being remembered by your Devialet. I checked this even after unplugging the power cord for more than 15min. But when running without an SD-card in factory config, I have no way of checking if ICM is on or off since my programmed button does of course not work in factory config.

@Triggrhappy01: how do you know it is on by default in factory settings? because it is not on by default with an individual config and this is probably what 99% are running their Devialet on.  So I doubt this is really a big problem.

But of course I agree with everyone, Devialet should release more info. Especially on DPM and ICM

Firmware 8.0 - philoouu - 24-May-2015

(24-May-2015, 10:41)KraaijCheck Wrote: So when i put ICM on one of the remote buttons, turn it off when the devialet is on en then replace the ICM remote button for something else, will ICM be still off?

This morning i programmed one remote button for ICM. The first time i hit the button ICM turned on. This means it was off by default?

When you put Sam on the remote button it seems to keep what was the last set-up after removing the button. Not sure what happens with ICM.
Wonder if it is on or off by default; your post seems to say no and some previous post yes. I am not sure I can hear any difference between all those options anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firmware 8.0 - amabrok - 24-May-2015

(21-May-2015, 15:37)Vivialet Wrote: one easy option to make all new functions available via the 2 remote buttons would be to create something like a menu structure that can be operated with the 2 buttons and the wheel. They could simply add some functions like ICM On/Off or Sub on/off to the tone control menu so that you can toggle them with the wheel or with the second button.
Maybe not the best solution but better than not being able to access some functions at all.

I like that.

However I'd rather have Devialet invest more time on improving the remote app and full functionality to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rufus McDufus - 24-May-2015

I personally think 8.0 is brighter-sounding than 7.1.3 and ICM could well explain it. It looks like I'm going to end up turning off all the new features (where possible)...

RE: Firmware 8.0 - moreno1973 - 24-May-2015

Do You know HOW unclick Sub/Preout in configurator???

In my configurator is permanently marked (grey-I can't unmark it) and on page it says FACTORY SETTING: Disabled!

So I studied Dynamic Power Management again and this time more carefully. 

Today, I made two config files from scratch, untouched as they came out from the configurator. The only relevant difference I found with a diff checker was the line "DYNAMIC_POWER":"OFF" versus "DYNAMIC_POWER":"ON", as one would expect. Before I loaded each config, I unplugged the Devialet, then I started with factory settings, then I unplugged it again and restarted with the two configurations.

I could confirm all my measurement numbers from post Nr. 273 in this thread. But this time I also measured the total power consumption over an entire album (London Grammar). Again, also in this measurement there was absolutely no difference between DPM on or off. Also if the volume was turned up to maximum on a totally silent track.

Devialet says this in the configurator:
“Dynamic Power Management : Allows the switched-mode power supply of your Expert system to continuously adapt to the musical content, for greater energy efficiency.”
If this is true then there should be a huge drop in power consumption if I listen to very loud music once I press mute on the remote control or if there is 1min of silence in a bonus track at the end of a CD. There is none!
Maybe DPM never kicks in for the Devialet 120 or maybe my speakers are to efficient? Is DPM always on or off? I don’t know but what I know is this:
On my Devialet 120 power consumption is absolutely identical regardless of the DPM Setting in the Configurator and Devialet’s claim of adaption to the musical content cannot be measured at all.
Also I did not find any difference in SQ. But since Firmware 8.0 my temperatures are lower, regardless of the DPM setting.
So, maybe those people that claimed hearing a difference in SQ are wrong or their systems behave differently. So please measure the power draw between DPM on or off and report back.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Antoine - 24-May-2015

Earlier today I've tried to reproduce Triggrhappy01's findings regarding ICM but I couldn't reproduce it. HOWEVER, my REW measuring setup is using an external USB sound card connected to a set of analog inputs of the Devialet that are in 'bypass' mode (0 dB) so it could as well be that ICM is not working for inputs in bypass mode as I also could not measure a difference with ICM on vs. off using the remote. I've used earlier configs created from scratch for 8.0 but did configure DPM to be off.

I didn't put a lot of time into it as it's such nice weather here that I wanted to enjoy. Perhaps I'll repeat the REW measurements later using a different configuration, ie. connect the M-Audio Fast Track USB MKII soundcard to the same analog inputs but then configured NOT to be in bypass mode.

Also I didn't get to measuring power usage. To be continued! Smile

PS: just started listening to some music (USB input like usual) and with the Devialet remote still configured to enable/disable ICM the difference is very, VERY clear with ICM on vs. off. ICM on dulls the music, removes life and air/ambiance An attenuation of frequencies >1kHz like triggrhappys measurements show could easily be/probably is the explanation of this phenomenon.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - thumb5 - 24-May-2015

(24-May-2015, 13:58)runlonger Wrote: Devialet says this in the configurator:
“Dynamic Power Management : Allows the switched-mode power supply of your Expert system to continuously adapt to the musical content, for greater energy efficiency.”

On my Devialet 120 power consumption is absolutely identical regardless of the DPM Setting in the Configurator and Devialet’s claim of adaption to the musical content cannot be measured at all.

I don't see any conflict between those two statements. The conclusion that the power drawn from the mains should vary with the musical program does not necessarily follow from the description of DPM, does it?

(24-May-2015, 16:15)thumb5 Wrote:
(24-May-2015, 13:58)runlonger Wrote: Devialet says this in the configurator:

I don't see any conflict between those two statements.  The conclusion that the power drawn from the mains should vary with the musical program does not necessarily follow from the description of DPM, does it?

Hmmm, I can't follow your logic. Please tell me how it is then contributing to "greater energy efficiency" if its drawing the same power from the mains?