Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Antoine - 25-May-2015

Thanks Beerman! In the follow up case I created I have also included my config file. Although it's not a big issue let's hope they fix it in the next FW release.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - beerman - 25-May-2015

(25-May-2015, 18:36)Antoine Wrote: .Thanks Beerman! In the follow up case I created I have also included my config file. Although it's not a big issue let's hope they fix it in the next FW release.

Yes, let's hope so! Meanwhile I changed to 7.1.3, where this issue isn't. But in terms of sound-quality I prefer 8.0.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Antoine - 26-May-2015

(25-May-2015, 18:48)beerman Wrote:
(25-May-2015, 18:36)Antoine Wrote: .Thanks Beerman! In the follow up case I created I have also included my config file. Although it's not a big issue let's hope they fix it in the next FW release.

Yes, let's hope so! Meanwhile I changed to 7.1.3, where this issue isn't. But in terms of sound-quality I prefer 8.0.

Received this back today from Devialet support:

"Dear Antoine,

Thank you for your message.

In this case we were awaiting for the engineer's answer. Your files helped them a lot.

The incorrect volume at startup on preouts is now a known bug and is currently being fixed.

The fix will be soon implemented in the next update of firmware 8

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Customer Care"

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Antoine - 26-May-2015

On the ICM issue I also received an answer. To be honest it doesn't convince me in full that there is no issue but I'm going to accept it for now and keep the ICM button configured on my remote just to be certain it is off.

"Dear Antoine,

Thank you again for your message.

To answer your questions and give you some information, ICM is off by default no matter the configuration of the remote's buttons.

The REW measurement made doesn't take into account various long term time constants involved in ICM algorithm.

We will soon modify the configurator to be able to assign independently ICM on/off on each input.

ICM will remain off by default on the next releases and we will probably add it on the list of the 'running parameters'.

Fee free to share with us other feedbacks of course.

Best regards,

Customer Care"

RE: Firmware 8.0 - thumb5 - 26-May-2015

Possibly a stupid question since I haven't tried 8.0, but...does the information display not say whether ICM is on or off? If not, it probably should...?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Vivialet - 26-May-2015

you can only see the ICM status if you switch it on or off. Then you get a message in the display that disappears after some seconds.
The status is not visible like the SAM status.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Clark - 26-May-2015

I experimented with FW version 8.0 for several days. Overall, I found the SQ quite good: I think I now know what is meant by the expression “more air”. I also found the ICM to be quite helpful, particularly for dialogue at lower listening volumes. However, I found the presentation overall to be a bit “thin” and I have now reinstalled FW 7.1.3 which for me is smoother, more liquid and simply more enjoyable to listen to. I did try deactivating the DPM in FW 8 for a while but was not able to discern a significant difference.

I also read elsewhere that some found USB with FW 8 to be better. This would be a very useful improvement although I didn’t test this myself. Ideally (for me), one would combine the SQ algorithms of 7.1.3 with the new features of FW 8. Perhaps someone at Devialet will read this?  Big Grin

RE: Firmware 8.0 - beerman - 26-May-2015

(26-May-2015, 08:46)Antoine Wrote:
(25-May-2015, 18:48)beerman Wrote:

Received this back today from Devialet support:

"Dear Antoine,

Thank you for your message.

In this case we were awaiting for the engineer's answer. Your files helped them a lot.

The incorrect volume at startup on preouts is now a known bug and is currently being fixed.

The fix will be soon implemented in the next update of firmware 8

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Customer Care"

Thank you Antoine,

I received same message, looking forward to FW 8.0.1.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - SteveO... - 26-May-2015

(26-May-2015, 17:52)beerman Wrote:  Thank you Antoine, I received same message, looking forward to FW 8.0.1.

Which may still be FW 8.0.0.  Devialet have "form" when it comes to not correctly versioning their releases.

RE: Suggestion Box - WolfAudio - 27-May-2015

5-26-2015

Need to know if it is now ok to install Firmware Update 8.0 now? I know there were some initial problems and doubt about the install. Undecided

Devialet 200