Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

Suggestion Box - amabrok - 27-May-2015

The jury is still out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Firmware 8.0 - samurai7595 - 27-May-2015

(16-May-2015, 12:47)samurai7595 Wrote: Last night I upgraded to Firmware v8.0.0 and reconfigured my system using the new online Configurator tool.  All was successful and the system sounds great!

I haven't encountered any issues and all my sources work fine.  I'm running SAM on my ProAc Response D30R floorstanding speakers and find the bass more "refined" with the new firmware.

I'm also running my Rega RP10 /Apheta 2 combo directly through my Devialet 200 (with default settings) and so far, I like what I'm hearing.  I will experiment with RAM and maybe sell off my Rega Aria MC/MM phono stage (still testing).

So far, I'm very happy with the new firmware!

I've done some extensive testing with my analog setup and prefer the sound when using my Rega Aria MC/MM phono stage as opposed to the built-in phono stage in my Devialet 200.

Via RAM, I've tried different settings for my Rega Apheta 2 MC cart but still prefer the sound via the Rega Aria phono.

As for the rest of my setup, I still like Firmware 8.0.0 and I've had no issues at all!

RE: Firmware 8.0 - JohnnySix - 27-May-2015

Regarding DPM and temperatures, I am very pleased that leaving the D120 idling on the analogue Line input (aka passthrough) now results in it being merely "rather warm" instead of "uncomfortably hot to the touch". Since I got the Phantoms I'm reluctantly only using the D120 for the rear surround channels (Oh, the horror... the horror!), so I have no comment on the sound quality effects of power saving.
I'm sorta hoping for some kind of multi-channel integration between them in the near future... but even so, I despise being forced to use a £4K amp for rear channel duties just to overcome the synchronisation issues.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - hahe - 27-May-2015

Had some back an forth communication with Devialet Support on various topics over the past days and thought I´d share what I got as accumulated response:

- Glitching noises with SAM on bass
This has indeed been reproduced here and a fix will be implemented in the next firmware update soon

- Recommendations regarding DPM on / off and around 5+ degrees Celsius higher temperature with DPM
DPM impact on temperature is to be expected. No DPM would mean and overall increased operating temperature. A few degrees is perfectly fine.
We advise to activate the DPM, because it does reduce the electrical consumption when you listen to music, especially the musics recorded at low volume.
DPM shouldn't affect bass control at all (which was one of my remarks and concerns)

- ICM will be soon made available on each input via configuration, without having to assign a dedicated button on the remote;
This is following some similar feedback from other clients.

- Any feedback on plans to increase app functionality mid- to short-term to also be able to set / change full set of Devialet features from there?
That is on long run project, but we might not be able to implement it on 2015.

With regards to timeline for 8.1 I got the update that SAM director is back on duty this week and working on issue resolution - once this is done v8.1 and updated configurator will be release.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Antoine - 27-May-2015

Thanks for sharing hahe! Smile

RE: Firmware 8.0 - G51 - 27-May-2015

'Any feedback on plans to increase app functionality mid- to short-term to also be able to set / change full set of Devialet features from there?
That is on long run project, but we might not be able to implement it on 2015.'

Is it so difficult to do that? More than 7 months to upgrade the App? Disappointing really.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Hifi_swlon - 27-May-2015

(27-May-2015, 16:24)G51 Wrote: 'Any feedback on plans to increase app functionality mid- to short-term to also be able to set / change full set of Devialet features from there?

Is it so difficult to do that? More than 7 months to upgrade the App? Disappointing really.

Translating that, I'm guessing they're probably saying:

"we've got a mountain of at least six months frantic coding just to get spark/dialogue/phantom/firmware up to scratch since we rushed a lot of it out.  we'll look at other nice things once the phantom cash starts pouring in and people stop moaning about everything else."  Big Grin 

It's a real shame as what they did with the remote ap is lovely but just lacks functionality which I'm sure is a doddle to add. I suppose it would be really nice to have an updated one, but I know what I'd rather they did first….

RE: Firmware 8.0 - thumb5 - 27-May-2015

(27-May-2015, 16:47)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(27-May-2015, 16:24)G51 Wrote: 'Any feedback on plans to increase app functionality mid- to short-term to also be able to set / change full set of Devialet features from there?

Translating that, I'm guessing they're probably saying:

"we've got a mountain of at least six months frantic coding just to get spark/dialogue/phantom/firmware up to scratch since we rushed a lot of it out.  we'll look at other nice things once the phantom cash starts pouring in and people stop moaning about everything else."  Big Grin 

It's a real shame as what they did with the remote ap is lovely but just lacks functionality which I'm sure is a doddle to add. I suppose it would be really nice to have an updated one, but I know what I'd rather they did first….

Indeed.  The phrase "technical debt" springs irresistibly to mind ... Wink

Firmware 8.0 - adhesiv - 27-May-2015

I wonder if the app was outsourced or if the API is not currently built to deliver this information over IP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Firmware 8.0 - ismarketing - 28-May-2015

I shared the following note with my dealer yesterday about ICM and other enhancements being off as a default. If you agree, please let your dealer know your thoughts on the topic.

Thank Roni. In my opinion, and echoed by many others on the Devialet chat group, any feature that changes the sound in any way should NEVER be on by default. It should be up to the user to activate anything that changes the baseline sound. Opt in rather than opt out is always the way to go.

FWIW - this is especially true for ICM since Devialet has been so vague about describing what it does. At this level, it's simply not enough to say "ICM makes soundtracks sound better."