Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - NickB - 28-May-2015

(28-May-2015, 12:37)Confused Wrote: The cards are standard SD cards (SDHC). Memory size is not an issue, 2GB is fine, but I think it is almost impossible to buy anything smaller than 4GB these days, so just get the best value / lowest memory available.

Firmware 7.1.2 is only found as standard supply on some recently supplied amps, it was never offered as an upgrade, so most of the folks on here will have tried 7.1.1 / 7.1.3beta / 8.0. 7.1.2 was never made available to us old timers.

Your current config should work fine with 7.1.3, if you want to try it. If I was you I would just stick with 7.1.2 until you have had time to get use to the sound of the amp and let everything bed in.

(28-May-2015, 14:32)ismarketing Wrote: I shared the following note with my dealer yesterday about ICM and other enhancements being off as a default. If you agree, please let your dealer know your thoughts on the topic.

Thank Roni. In my opinion, and echoed by many others on the Devialet chat group, any feature that changes the sound in any way should NEVER be on by default. It should be up to the user to activate anything that changes the baseline sound. Opt in rather than opt out is always the way to go.

FWIW - this is especially true for ICM since Devialet has been so vague about describing what it does. At this level, it's simply not enough to say "ICM makes soundtracks sound better."

It is not on by default unless previously switched on.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Antoine - 28-May-2015

(28-May-2015, 14:42)NickB Wrote: It is not on by default unless previously switched on.

Any evidence to support that? As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on that, Devialet says it's off measurements from Triggrhappy claim otherwise.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - ismarketing - 28-May-2015

My dealer asked Devialet, and here's what they said:

You have to know that ICM is OFF by default. The remote, as you know has only 3 buttons.

With the next version of our firmware in one month, ICM will be automatically ON for the sources which use videos.

Please note that they wrote this back to me last Monday:

"We will soon modify the configurator to be able to assign independently ICM on/off on each input. ICM will remain off by default on the next releases and we will probably add it on the list of the 'running parameters'."

Earlier they indeed communicated an "auto ICM on with video functions". I don't know how they could possibly detect video. See also this topic: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1253

RE: Firmware 8.0 - NickB - 28-May-2015

(28-May-2015, 15:02)Antoine Wrote: Please note that they wrote this back to me last Monday:

"We will soon modify the configurator to be able to assign independently ICM on/off on each input. ICM will remain off by default on the next releases and we will probably add it on the list of the 'running parameters'."

Earlier they indeed communicated an "auto ICM on with video functions". I don't know how they could possibly detect video. See also this topic: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1253

The easy way would be to look for a dolby 5.1 signature on the audio stream but that's only been around for about 20 years so you would not expect anyone to know about it would you.

(28-May-2015, 17:55)NickB Wrote:
(28-May-2015, 15:02)Antoine Wrote: Please note that they wrote this back to me last Monday:

The easy way would be to look for a dolby 5.1 signature on the audio stream but that's only been around for about 20 years so you would not expect anyone to know about it would you.

That would be a very poor, unreliable and even useless way...

a. "Video sources" output either PCM or Dolby/DTS/... not both at the same time and Devialet can't decode Dolby/DTS/... or anything other than PCM/DoP
b. not all "video sources" be it mediaplayers/TV's or even TV channels broadcast such a format

RE: Firmware 8.0 - samurai7595 - 29-May-2015

(27-May-2015, 11:54)samurai7595 Wrote:
(16-May-2015, 12:47)samurai7595 Wrote: Last night I upgraded to Firmware v8.0.0 and reconfigured my system using the new online Configurator tool.  All was successful and the system sounds great!

I haven't encountered any issues and all my sources work fine.  I'm running SAM on my ProAc Response D30R floorstanding speakers and find the bass more "refined" with the new firmware.

I'm also running my Rega RP10 /Apheta 2 combo directly through my Devialet 200 (with default settings) and so far, I like what I'm hearing.  I will experiment with RAM and maybe sell off my Rega Aria MC/MM phono stage (still testing).

So far, I'm very happy with the new firmware!

I've done some extensive testing with my analog setup and prefer the sound when using my Rega Aria MC/MM phono stage as opposed to the built-in phono stage in my Devialet 200.

Via RAM, I've tried different settings for my Rega Apheta 2 MC cart but still prefer the sound via the Rega Aria phono.

As for the rest of my setup, I still like Firmware 8.0.0 and I've had no issues at all!

I did some more testing between the Devialet built-in phono versus my Rega Aria external phono and noticed that when using the Devialet built-in phono I hear a rumble or irregular heartbeat sound through the speakers when the music is not playing but my turntable is powered on (at high volume levels).  When I turn off the turntable (turntable power supply) this sound effect goes away. 

I don't hear this sound effect when I'm using my Rega Aria external phono.

Any idea why this is happening?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Akk_fin - 29-May-2015

You are sure that Wi-Fi is stand-by position when phono selected ?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - samurai7595 - 29-May-2015

(29-May-2015, 04:02)Akk_fin Wrote: You are sure that Wi-Fi is stand-by position when phono selected ?

What do you mean by "WI-FI is stand-by position" and how do I configure/check that?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - ledesc - 29-May-2015

I would like to 'play' with ICM, SAM% at the same time.
But hw to manage ICM, SAM and balance/tone with the remote control ?
If you assign a button to ICM on/off and another to SAM on/off how can you control SAM % or balance and tone ?