Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - MusicFirst - 02-Jun-2015

(02-Jun-2015, 19:04)Petter Wrote: Its a french way of not loosing face ?

I don't know, but I switched back and fourth between my current copy of 8.0.0 and 7.1.3 and the differences remain.  The first copy of 8.0.0 that I downloaded was literally minutes after they went live with the firmware and the new website.  Unfortunately, I don't have that download anymore.  It's possible that it was just a bad download of either the FW or the config files which I did at the same time.  Confused  

I don't want to disparage Devialet because I know that with the unprecedented flexibility that the Expert line offers, there is a lot of code to write and debug, especially with a major revision like 8.0.0 which introduces several new features.  No matter how one looks at it, in any similar technological endeavour, first adopters inevitably become beta testers.  I for one would not trade this innovation for perfect stability in software implementation.

Kerry

RE: Firmware 8.0 - JMRC - 02-Jun-2015

Thanks for your feedback Kerry,

The reason I avoided 7.1.1, was mainly because it emphasized the lower frequencies, making them blurry and inarticulate.
The only thing I always found less desirable in Devialet is the somewhat thin midband Sad , and a touch of digital glare...

PS Audio PP- Devialet 250 - Sonus Faber Stradivari + SAM - Tellurium Black diamond Speaker Cables - Audionet CD (ART G3) - Michell Orbe (SME V, Koetsu Red Signature) - MacBookPro on Yosemite - Audirvana - Airport Extreme & Express

RE: Firmware 8.0 - MusicFirst - 02-Jun-2015

(02-Jun-2015, 20:33)JMRC Wrote: Thanks for your feedback Kerry,

The reason I avoided 7.1.1, was mainly because it emphasized the lower frequencies, making them blurry and inarticulate.
The only thing I always found less desirable in Devialet is the somewhat thin midband Sad , and a touch of digital glare...

PS Audio PP- Devialet 250 - Sonus Faber Stradivari + SAM - Tellurium Black diamond Speaker Cables - Audionet CD (ART G3) - Michell Orbe (SME V, Koetsu Red Signature) - MacBookPro on Yosemite - Audirvana - Airport Extreme & Express

Thin midband and a touch of digital glare? Hmm.  Compared to other solid state or tubes?  Perhaps these characteristics lie elsewhere in your system?  Are you plugging the Devialet into the PS Audio?  (Sorry last off topic post for me.  Blush )

Kerry

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Antoine - 02-Jun-2015

Sorry for my off topic too but I'm very much with Kerry on this! Smile

RE: Firmware 8.0 - JMRC - 03-Jun-2015

Perhaps I still miss the Audio Research valves midrange; and yes, the Devialet is plugged in the PP, shouldn't it be?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - FranckdeGrenoble - 03-Jun-2015

Hi
I have been running  8.0 since its release and it works perfectly with me.
IMHO and in my room it sounds better than the 7.1.1 version with a better bass control (SAM on).
AIR works well as it has worked before (with a dedicated Wifi network)
And I love ICM (just amazing)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Confused - 03-Jun-2015

(03-Jun-2015, 14:46)FranckdeGrenoble Wrote: Hi
I have been running  8.0 since its release and it works perfectly with me.
IMHO and in my room it sounds better than the 7.1.1 version with a better bass control (SAM on).
AIR works well as it has worked before (with a dedicated Wifi network)
And I love ICM (just amazing)

It is strange that firmware 8.0 plus SAM appears to work fine for some people and yet is problematic for others.  Does anyone have any idea why?  It is not as if the users experiencing problem are doing something wrong, Devialet have advised that there is a problem with SAM V2 that will be fixed in version 8.1.  Very puzzling.  Maybe only some speakers are SAM V2 compatible, although what does that even mean?  I understood that SAM V2 was related to the new SAM lab?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Music or sound - 04-Jun-2015

Since I upgraded my D250 to 8.0 I experience very short dropouts at least with 2 different inputs (AES and RCA). The dropouts are very short interruptions within a single note and not very frequent. I deselected DPM in the configurator (general setting/ power saving) and have not heard any of these dropouts yet.
Anyone with the same experience (have not read everything in this thread)?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - GuillaumeB - 04-Jun-2015

(04-Jun-2015, 17:04)Antoine Wrote: I quickly received a reply from Paul MGowan, CEO of PS Audio:

Quote:The specifications list on the website is correct, the manual a bit conservative.

The figures of peak amperage have to do with a cycle by cycle maximum current and are not listed in the specs because they are tough to quantify the conditions under which they exist. Basically, Power Plants can handle surprising amounts of peak amperage when they fill in missing tops to AC power sine waves – that takes extraordinary stored power – which Power Plants easily handle.

PS: Perhaps a kind administrator would be willing to split all the AC regeneration posts into a new topic over in the 'Tweakers corner'?

No problems I'll be happy to create a new thread - any suggested titles? We do already have a few touching on aspects of power.

Guillaume

RE: Firmware 8.0 - octaviars - 04-Jun-2015

I contacted Devialet yesterday about my sync problem with my D400 and they responded today that this was an known issue to them if you use 8.0 and they are going to release a new firmware in mid june that would adress the problems in 8.0, so now it is only for me to revert back to 7.1.3 and wait for the new firmware.