Devialet Chat
What album are you listening tonight? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: What album are you listening tonight? (/Thread-What-album-are-you-listening-tonight)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - GuillaumeB - 07-Sep-2014

More from Chesky Records in 24/96 FLAC...Cool

Guillaume

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Flashman - 10-Sep-2014

Great album ripped in FLAC. It's a pretty good demo album for friends who want to know that the Devialet is all about.

This is an awesome album for sound fidelity. Listen to "Ode to Billie Joe," which is quite spare (finger snapping, tremendous bass line and holographic voice by Patricia Barber, which has astounding depth). I find some of her music a bit edgy and tiring but I keep coming back for more!

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - thumb5 - 10-Sep-2014

Jon Hassell "City: Works of Fiction" again. This time a CD rip via Sonos (I liked it so much via Qobuz). Wonderful music, and a great recording.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - f1eng - 11-Sep-2014

Bach Fantasia BWV906
Martin Stadtfeld
CD

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 12-Sep-2014

[Image: Robert_Plant_Lullaby_and_the_Ceaseless_Roar_cover.jpg]
Robert Plant - Lullaby... and the Ceaseless Roar (Vinyl)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 14-Sep-2014

This morning I have listened to the soundtrack album from "Under the Skin", on vinyl. This was a birthday gift from my brother, together with the Bluray movie.

I have to say that its's fairly dire! Unless you like sub-bassy drum sounds with a badly played violin whilst someone hits a bit of wood for an hour. (Maybe I do, I did happily let it run through to the end). Plus the quality of the vinyl was not the best, it was not quite flat or fully concentric.

And I thought my brother loved me.......

Just made it through another birthday gift, T.Rex's "Electric Warrior", 180g, 2012 remaster.

Most excellent! I love this album. Trouble is, this is brand new "audiophile vinyl", it's about 4mm off being true truly flat, and sounds a bit like a 120kbs mp3, it's really not that good from a sound reproduction quality point of view, great music though. I do have an original 70's copy somewhere, I must did it out for a comparison. I did have a laugh when we got to the last track, "Rip Off", the record actually managed to sum itself up at the end.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 14-Sep-2014

Just noticed that I've made it to "senior member", talk about rubbing it in just after a blokes birthday! Thanks guys!

Just found my 70's copy of Electric Warrior"!! Trust me, my records are all over the place at the moment, finding this so quickly is almost a miracle. It's a bit lacking in bass, borderline on being tinny, but despite this, much better than the new 180g, apart from being a touch bass light, it sounds like 24bit vs the 180g.

Now moving onto yet another gift, "The Grandmaster flash collection". Quadruple CD. This is more like it! I'm happy again. (Not to everyone's taste I guess)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - beerman - 14-Sep-2014

(14-Sep-2014, 11:13)Confused Wrote: Just noticed that I've made it to "senior member", talk about rubbing it in just after a blokes birthday! Thanks guys!

Just found my 70's copy of Electric Warrior"!! Trust me, my records are all over the place at the moment, finding this so quickly is almost a miracle. It's a bit lacking in bass, borderline on being tinny, but despite this, much better than the new 180g, apart from being a touch bass light, it sounds like 24bit vs the 180g.

Now moving onto yet another gift, "The Grandmaster flash collection". Quadruple CD. This is more like it! I'm happy again. (Not to everyone's taste I guess)

Happy birthday!

Enjoy your music!

Listening now to Bob Dylan, Together through Life. Heavy, flat double vinyl.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - f1eng - 14-Sep-2014

Leonard Cohen Songs from the Road.
MP3

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Mka - 14-Sep-2014

Natürlich als Direct Cut Sheffield Lab Vinyl :