Devialet Chat
What album are you listening tonight? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: What album are you listening tonight? (/Thread-What-album-are-you-listening-tonight)

What album are you listening tonight? - LBameule - 10-Nov-2014

Alex, how do you like the PF album? Most reviews I've seen have been "so-so" at best...

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > Q Acoustic Concept 20 (soon to be KEF LS50). Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 11-Nov-2014

[Image: Foo_Fighters_8LP_Sonic_Highways.jpg]
Foo Fighters - Somic Highways
Qobuz Stream.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - f1eng - 11-Nov-2014

Puccini, La Boheme, live CD recording Bologna Communal Theatre orchestra and chorus

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Axel - 11-Nov-2014

(10-Nov-2014, 22:03)LBameule Wrote: Alex, how do you like the PF album? Most reviews I've seen have been "so-so" at best...

L

MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > Q Acoustic Concept 20 (soon to be KEF LS50). Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Well, I'll have to listen a few times to form an opinion, but so far, I like what I hear.

Alex

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - thumb5 - 11-Nov-2014

Gang Of Four "Solid Gold", Tidal

[Image: Solidgoldgangoffour.jpg]

Bly de Blyant "Hindsight Bias", Tidal

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 13-Nov-2014

[Image: Hubcapmusic.jpg]
Seasick Steve - Hubcap Music
Stream from Qobuz

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 13-Nov-2014

Still slogging through my old DJ collection, at the moment Sheep on Drugs, 12" purple vinyl, "Let the Good Times Roll". Strange hearing stuff like this on a properly decent hi fi!

In case you're wondering, as well as the expected and normal stuff, our DJing speciality was indie and alternative events, and this was very much through the "rave" eara. Great fun going back through this stuff, Doctorin' the Tardis next......

Now playing Babroo's "Trak-a-Lacka". 12" vinyl. Mindless 90's rave? Not exactly, there are some subtle sounds and an excellent descending bass, really rather good, and nothing I noticed back in the day, this is all very good fun, and all on vinyl, so no white noise tonight! Jam and Spoon up next......

What album are you listening tonight? - LBameule - 14-Nov-2014

The Cure, Show. As for live CDs, I think there are better recorded CDs, but the music's excellent...

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 14-Nov-2014

(14-Nov-2014, 00:49)LBameule Wrote: The Cure, Show. As for live CDs, I think there are better recorded CDs, but the music's excellent...

I love the Cure, "A Forest" is on my all time greats list, but even the studio version is a bit crude SQ wise. KEF included a remastered version on their 50th anniversary CD, very good, but you can tell it's been messed with!

What album are you listening tonight? - LBameule - 14-Nov-2014

(14-Nov-2014, 00:55)Confused Wrote:
(14-Nov-2014, 00:49)LBameule Wrote: The Cure, Show. As for live CDs, I think there are better recorded CDs, but the music's excellent...

I love the Cure, "A Forest" is on my all time greats list, but even the studio version is a bit crude SQ wise. KEF included a remastered version on their 50th anniversary CD, very good, but you can tell it's been messed with!

Well, playing it (Show) louder seems to help !!! At least it becomes more of the "being there at the concert" experience... I used to have Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, and I liked how it sounded, Confused, much better (most probably because it was a studio recording) than taking a live show onto a record...

Cheers!