Devialet Chat
What album are you listening tonight? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: What album are you listening tonight? (/Thread-What-album-are-you-listening-tonight)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Rufus McDufus - 23-Jan-2015

In homage to Edgar Froese who died on Tuesday.

[Image: 5JC2mIX.jpg]

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 23-Jan-2015

(23-Jan-2015, 21:52)Rufus McDufus Wrote: In homage to Edgar Froese who died on Tuesday.

[Image: 5JC2mIX.jpg]
Much respect Rufus.  I think I'll follow your example and listen to some Tangerine Dream over the weekend.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - MightyMart - 24-Jan-2015

Kaitlin Aurelia Smith "Tides" - An amazingly unique album with music or soundscapes composed for and brought to life on old synthesizers. If you're into sounds this is a true gem!

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - thumb5 - 24-Jan-2015

(23-Jan-2015, 21:52)Rufus McDufus Wrote: In homage to Edgar Froese who died on Tuesday.

Sad news, and a nice thought.

Tangerine Dream were the first live rock gig I went to, in about 1976 or so I think.  Brilliant and deafening in equal measure.  A few years later, and to my eternal regret, I sold the handful of their albums I had on vinyl along with twenty or thirty other "prog" albums some of which are now impossible to replace.  It's good to be able to find some of this stuff on Qobuz and enjoy it again.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - f1eng - 24-Jan-2015

Mahler 4th Symphony Simon Rattle CBSO CD rip iTunes > Air wireless.

I shall listen to Tangerine Dream later too RIP Edgar. 70 years old how time evaporates.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 24-Jan-2015

[Image: CausticLove.jpg]
Paolo Nutini - Caustic Love

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 24-Jan-2015

After the brilliant Paolo Nutini album, another great one:

[Image: Nick_Cave_and_the_Bad_Seeds_-_Live_from_KCRW.jpg]
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Live from KCRW

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - ozthepoz - 25-Jan-2015

(24-Jan-2015, 09:51)thumb5 Wrote:

Sad news, and a nice thought.

Tangerine Dream were the first live rock gig I went to, in about 1976 or so I think.  Brilliant and deafening in equal measure.  A few years later, and to my eternal regret, I sold the handful of their albums I had on vinyl along with twenty or thirty other "prog" albums some of which are now impossible to replace.  It's good to be able to find some of this stuff on Qobuz and enjoy it again.

I have Force Majeure on clear vinyl and it sounds amazing. Still one of my reference LPs even though it's quite old.  

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 26-Jan-2015

[Image: 51I0EswYOpL._SY300_.jpg]
Katzenjammer - Rockland
Genre: folk
Stream from Spotify

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 26-Jan-2015

[Image: Mfff.jpg]
Damien Rice - My Favourite Faded Fantasy
Genre: Singer/songwriter
Spotify stream