Devialet Chat
What album are you listening tonight? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: What album are you listening tonight? (/Thread-What-album-are-you-listening-tonight)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Womaz - 05-Mar-2015

Ane Brun - It All Starts With One, just discovered her a few months ago. Great voice

What album are you listening tonight? - LBameule - 06-Mar-2015

Steven Wilson, The Raven that refused to Sing. 96/24 FLAC

Modern Progressive rock at its definite best. Wilson, ex-Porcupine Tree, has been a big surprise for me, I hadn't heard anything from him or Porcupine T since the 90s, and this was mesmerising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - EricDH - 06-Mar-2015

Beethoven - Piano concerto no. 5 - 16/44@Qobuz

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Jnan_devi - 07-Mar-2015

Cara Dillon, A Thousand Hearts (FLAC from BW Music Society)

since iTunes does not like FLAC, i did PlugPlayer (re-downloaded, i had removed it, not a user friendly app) and played the FLAC through AIRPLAY - to AE -> Toslink to D

Fantastic! Smile can't get over it. Good enough option of playing FLAC.
Dialog - verdict awaited.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 07-Mar-2015

[Image: IseeaDarkness.jpg]

Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - I See A Darkness.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - f1eng - 07-Mar-2015

Kathleen Ferrier, "What is life?", CD magnificent simply recorded (ie not far too many close microphones) historical sound.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - thumb5 - 08-Mar-2015

(19-Feb-2015, 15:26)PhilP Wrote: Beethoven Piano Sonatas - Ingrid Fliter, EMI Classics. Streamed from Qobuz

Stunning Smile

[Image: 71qVzDSoqGL._SY450_.jpg]

Catching up, and can only agree - lovely stuff.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - brit - 08-Mar-2015

(07-Mar-2015, 08:26)Jnan_devi Wrote: Cara Dillon, A Thousand Hearts (FLAC from BW Music Society)

since iTunes does not like FLAC, i did PlugPlayer (re-downloaded, i had removed it, not a user friendly app) and played the FLAC through AIRPLAY - to AE -> Toslink to D

I believe that the B & W Music Society also gives option to download ALAC music files as well as FLAC.

David 

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 09-Mar-2015

(08-Mar-2015, 18:04)brit Wrote:
(07-Mar-2015, 08:26)Jnan_devi Wrote: Cara Dillon, A Thousand Hearts (FLAC from BW Music Society)

I believe that the B & W Music Society also gives option to download ALAC music files as well as FLAC.

David 

They do.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Jnan_devi - 09-Mar-2015

(09-Mar-2015, 07:19)Eddye Wrote:
(08-Mar-2015, 18:04)brit Wrote:

David 

They do.
Correct, they have ALAC, FLAC 16, FLAC 24. I have downloaded Both (ALAC and FLAC 24). I wanted to check "FLAC 24" SQ, but since iTunes dont play FLAC, I played it using PlugPlayer which sniffs any NAS on the WIFI and then its a go browsing through folders ... 

PlugPlayer downloaded to iPhone6 -> Airplay to AE -> Toslink to D. (down side phone calls on phone, power on iPhone is sucked faster)