Devialet Chat
What album are you listening tonight? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: What album are you listening tonight? (/Thread-What-album-are-you-listening-tonight)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - brit - 09-Mar-2015

(09-Mar-2015, 07:46)Jnan_devi Wrote:
(09-Mar-2015, 07:19)Eddye Wrote:
(08-Mar-2015, 18:04)brit Wrote:
(07-Mar-2015, 08:26)Jnan_devi Wrote: Cara Dillon, A Thousand Hearts (FLAC from BW Music Society)

since iTunes does not like FLAC, i did PlugPlayer (re-downloaded, i had removed it, not a user friendly app) and played the FLAC through AIRPLAY - to AE -> Toslink to D

Fantastic! Smile can't get over it. Good enough option of playing FLAC.
Dialog - verdict awaited.

I believe that the B & W Music Society also gives option to download ALAC music files as well as FLAC.

David 

They do.
Correct, they have ALAC, FLAC 16, FLAC 24. I have downloaded Both (ALAC and FLAC 24). I wanted to check "FLAC 24" SQ, but since iTunes dont play FLAC, I played it using PlugPlayer which sniffs any NAS on the WIFI and then its a go browsing through folders ... 

PlugPlayer downloaded to iPhone6 -> Airplay to AE -> Toslink to D. (down side phone calls on phone, power on iPhone is sucked faster)

Thanks,

Now understand what you were up to Smile .

David

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - GuillaumeB - 09-Mar-2015

Guys, can we please get back on track. This thread is for sharing music only and not comparing formats and streaming methods. There are plenty of other threads for this. Thank you! Smile

Guillaume

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - cc1 - 09-Mar-2015

[Image: Ibeyi+hq+png+cover.png]

Ibeyi's 'Ibeyi'

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - brit - 09-Mar-2015

(09-Mar-2015, 09:39)GuillaumeB Wrote: Guys, can we please get back on track. This thread is for sharing music only and not comparing formats and streaming methods. There are plenty of other threads for this. Thank you! Smile

Guillaume

Point taken, sorry  Blush

David 

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - cc1 - 09-Mar-2015

[Image: 61gXbTng5QL._SL1425_.jpg]

Suphala 'Alien Ancestry'

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Jnan_devi - 09-Mar-2015

(09-Mar-2015, 10:33)brit Wrote:
(09-Mar-2015, 09:39)GuillaumeB Wrote: Guys, can we please get back on track. This thread is for sharing music only and not comparing formats and streaming methods. There are plenty of other threads for this. Thank you! Smile

Guillaume

Point taken, sorry  Blush

David 
Yes - Sorry! Looks like I need more than anyone else  Shy

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Charlemagne - 09-Mar-2015

Now on topic again:

Lenneke Ruiten / Mozart Aria's

Lenneke is a young Dutch Diva that is having her debut in the Scala in Milano.

Beautifully recorded on the Pentatone label. I listen to the 24 bits download from Qobuz. But it's also available as an online streaming flac in 16 bits. 

Just listen to the first track "Vorrei Spiegarvi". It will get you the goosebumps. 

[Image: mp3image.jpg]

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - AaronG - 09-Mar-2015

Just listening to her on TIDAL. Fantastic! Thanks for the suggestion!

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - davidadamson - 10-Mar-2015

.melody gardot on Tkidal

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Jnan_devi - 10-Mar-2015

Roddy Woomble & Band Live at Kings Place (BW Music Society - FLAC, PP, AE (airplay), optic to D)
Never heard this album was very nice yesterday evening. Playing first track again "A New Day has begun" right now Smile