Devialet Chat
What album are you listening tonight? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: What album are you listening tonight? (/Thread-What-album-are-you-listening-tonight)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - MusicFirst - 16-May-2015

[Image: 500x500.jpg]

An astounding live album of the master...
Time After Time is demonstration quality.

(06-Sep-2014, 20:46)thumb5 Wrote: Tool "Lateralus" (rather loud, and it's never sounded better!).

[Image: Tool_-_Lateralus.jpg]
Tool is one of my favorite hard core metal bands and this may well be their best. Think early Metallica meets Pink Floyd. 
I just wish they would put another album out, but the 6 they have released are all masterpieces of art-heavy metal.
Danny Carry is the best drummer ever and I'm saying this as a big Neal Pert fan (from Canada eh?)  Try Undertow and Aenima next if you like Lateralus

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - amabrok - 16-May-2015

(16-May-2015, 04:31)MusicFirst Wrote:
(06-Sep-2014, 20:46)thumb5 Wrote: Tool "Lateralus" (rather loud, and it's never sounded better!).

Tool is one of my favorite hard core metal bands and this may well be their best. Think early Metallica meets Pink Floyd. 
I just wish they would put another album out, but the 6 they have released are all masterpieces of art-heavy metal.
Danny Carry is the best drummer ever and I'm saying this as a big Neal Pert fan (from Canada eh?)  Try Undertow and Aenima next if you like Lateralus

+1

Parabol and Parabola make me scream and jump! awesome stuff.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - thumb5 - 16-May-2015

(16-May-2015, 04:31)MusicFirst Wrote: Try Undertow and Aenima next if you like Lateralus

I enjoy both of those albums too but 10,000 Days is my favourite. Eagerly awaiting their new album...will it be this year...?

(16-May-2015, 11:38)thumb5 Wrote:
(16-May-2015, 04:31)MusicFirst Wrote: Try Undertow and Aenima next if you like Lateralus

I enjoy both of those albums too but 10,000 Days is my favourite.  Eagerly awaiting their new album...will it be this year...?

10,000 days is much more Pink Floyd flavoured with less thrash metal elements than the others.  It is still awesome, but I think Undetow and esp Aenema made the band what they are today.  As for a new album.. don't hold your breath.  I don't know if they will ever record again.  MJK is just not into it.

Kerry

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - f1eng - 16-May-2015

Amused to death, Roger Waters.

What album are you listening tonight? - amabrok - 16-May-2015

(16-May-2015, 19:21)f1eng Wrote: Amused to death, Roger Waters.

One of my all time favorites.

I believe Waters is a genius!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - f1eng - 16-May-2015

(16-May-2015, 19:35)amabrok Wrote:
(16-May-2015, 19:21)f1eng Wrote: Amused to death, Roger Waters.

One of my all time favorites.

I believe Waters is a genius!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too!
It is a good test of stereo to locate the voices and dog bark and so forth. The Devialet 800 seems worse than the D-Premiers were for this, the Phantoms are perhaps the best I have heard for the stereo image on this CD. 

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Foggy916 - 17-May-2015

(16-May-2015, 10:36)amabrok Wrote:
(16-May-2015, 04:31)MusicFirst Wrote:

+1

Parabol and Parabola make me scream and jump! awesome stuff.

Love them. Their albums grow on u the more u listen to them. Hang tight new album is coming. Aenima is greatness. 

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Foggy916 - 17-May-2015

[Image: 81of-tg0giL._SL1183_.jpg]