Devialet Chat
Le Configurator - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Support Desk (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Support-Desk)
+--- Thread: Le Configurator (/Thread-Le-Configurator)

Pages: 1 2

Le Configurator - AllenB - 12-Jun-2015

I have always had problems with this on my MacBook Pro.

But trying to do a latest config for 8.1 and it's driving me nuts. I can do the configuration signed into my account, heck I have many now, and they all save to my account. But try and 'Download linked file as' and more often than not (and I mean trying 10's of times) I get 'error, please go back, etc'. Now I have tried all sorts of different destinations.

This has always happened for me, if I get lucky, eventually it will write the file, but this could be a different day, not just a different minute or hour. It's driving me mad and I now look at Le Configurator with trepidation.

I really do not understand why access cannot be given by wi-fi or ethernet to settings built into the firmware. Directly configure from a laptop.

This is the one thing I really hate about the Devialet.

RE: Le Configurator - colonel66 - 12-Jun-2015

(12-Jun-2015, 08:34)AllenB Wrote: I have always had problems with this on my MacBook Pro.

But trying to do a latest config for 8.1 and it's driving me nuts. I can do the configuration signed into my account, heck I have many now, and they all save to my account. But try and 'Download linked file as' and more often than not (and I mean trying 10's of times) I get 'error, please go back, etc'. Now I have tried all sorts of different destinations.

This has always happened for me, if I get lucky, eventually it will write the file, but this could be a different day, not just a different minute or hour. It's driving me mad and I now look at Le Configurator with trepidation.

I really do not understand why access cannot be given by wi-fi or ethernet to settings built into the firmware. Directly configure from a laptop.

This is the one thing I really hate about the Devialet.

i also use a mac and i guess you are using Safari. i have found the configurator problematic using safari.

i use chrome as a browser and the configurator works fine then

RE: Le Configurator - AllenB - 12-Jun-2015

Thanks colonel66, you might be right, especially as I am on the beta public programme for Yosemite. But it that gave me a thought. I don't have Chrome, but I do have Windows on a VM on my Mac, going to give it a go using IE.

RE: Le Configurator - KraaijCheck - 12-Jun-2015

This problem has to do with safari. I emailed Devialet once when i experienced it and they told me to use chrome. With chrome it works perfectly.

RE: Le Configurator - AllenB - 12-Jun-2015

Worked with IE on Windows.

RE: Le Configurator - Manoet - 12-Jun-2015

I'm reluctant to bring this up as I'm old, struggle with ANY computer and just swapped from 27 years on a PC to a new iMAC (OS X 10.10.3) after the first of the year. With that said I've done a dozen or so Devialet FW upgrades-downgrades-upgrades as well as 15-20 configuration changes on Safari and beyond figuring out how to extract the files I needed from the SD card the very first time I've yet to encounter even a single issue. My 'download saved file as' has, without a single incident, worked flawlessly, first time, every time. Good thing too as I'm sure there'd be some frustrating learning curve involved in my having to learn to use chrome which I consider neither good or bad but certainly new/different for the likes of me. Maybe I'm having a bit of beginners luck? Either way I'm in no position to help beyond suggesting Safari alone "may" not be the sole culprit.

RE: Le Configurator - Jean-Marie - 12-Jun-2015

It works fine also on a Mac with Firefox. Safari is the culprit.

RE: Le Configurator - PhilP - 12-Jun-2015

It works fine on my iMac with Safari !

RE: Le Configurator - Jean-Marie - 12-Jun-2015

(12-Jun-2015, 15:29)PhilP Wrote: It works fine on my iMac with Safari !

apparently this is a trick bug. It works fine if you create a new config, but fails if you update a previously saved config.

I even had it working spuriously for saved configs but failed to identify what was working and not and therefore switched to use Firefox for that.

Jean-Marie

RE: Le Configurator - brit - 12-Jun-2015

(12-Jun-2015, 15:39)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(12-Jun-2015, 15:29)PhilP Wrote: It works fine on my iMac with Safari !

apparently this is a trick bug. It works fine if you create a new config, but fails if you update a previously saved config.

I even had it working spuriously for saved configs but failed to identify what was working and not and therefore switched to use Firefox for that.

Jean-Marie

Yes, this is the problem I have had when raising a new set of config files for my D400, and I use Windows IE. I have to start from square one each time. If I try and update my existing config files, held on My Maison, it fails - the Master config is OK, but the Companion config fails. 

David